United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 15-11-2010, 09:42 AM
jem

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy
In this the main character wakes up in a hospital and every f***er by then are zombies, therefore imo they've copied a little teeny weeny bit from 28 Days later.
you could just as easily say it was stolen from day of the triffids.

this is fine for fans of brokeback mountain, but it could really do with milla jovovich in ripped up underwear.

whilst you're pondering which is a zombie's favourite sexual position (discussed at length in david moody's pamphlet, actually, that does a hurt a bit).....

http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/deathpenalty/playgame

Old 15-11-2010, 11:27 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
I too ...
saved me the trouble of watching it, cheers mate

Last edited by borsuk; 15-11-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Old 15-11-2010, 11:59 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk View Post
saved me the trouble of watching it, cheers mate
No problem.

Old 15-11-2010, 12:15 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
No problem.
***spoiler***

Old 15-11-2010, 12:17 PM
red @rmy

When is it on sky?

Old 15-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Crash Davis

friday nights.....10 o'clock on FX and FXHD...repeats throughout the week.....think its also on sky anytime at the minute

Old 15-11-2010, 12:35 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis View Post
friday nights.....10 o'clock on FX and FXHD...repeats throughout the week.....think its also on sky anytime at the minute
yhgr

Old 15-11-2010, 03:56 PM
boreez

a bit boring now.

It's almost as if the writers knew it might be slow and occasionally threw in some zombie chowing down on innards to wake viewers up. Failing that, some awkward sex scene instead.

Old 15-11-2010, 04:12 PM
poppy

It's definitely had some serious wedge thrown at it.

For me, the balance between the human story and the zombie threat, as well as the quality of that story is what tends to create a great zombie story. Does this one accomplish that - too early to say for sure, but thus far, I would have to say not entirely. While there is some development of an ongoing mission/story-line/defining theme, much of it is soap opera like and the characters are not strong enough. The loss of Lennie James is shocking!

There isn't the post-apocalyptic feel you might expect, the dire circumstances leading people to unique decision points or clever innovation, the pervading sense that everything has changed and reality is a very different thing than what we knew. Rather, it is like a human drama with a zombie invasion going on incidentally somewhere in the background.

Last edited by poppy; 15-11-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Old 15-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
In this the main character wakes up in a hospital and every f***er by then are zombies, therefore imo they've copied a little teeny weeny bit from 28 Days later.

From the FX website

Q: I suspect a lot of people who are coming across the story of The Walking Dead for the first time would have thought that the guy-wakes-from-coma-to-discover-that-the-world-has-been-overrun-by-zombies plot was very similar to 28 Days Later. Presumably you had seen that film when you wrote the first issue of the comic?

A No. Welcome to my life seven years ago. It was complete coincidence. I saw 28 Days Later shortly before the first issue of Walking Dead was released. That first issue came out in October of 2003 and 28 Days Later was released in the States in June of 2003. So we were working on our second issue by the time I saw it. It was going to be a matter of somehow trying to restage the entire first issue, because it was a very similar coma opening. I made a decision—which I pretty much regret at this point—I said, “You know what? It’s so different [from that point on], I will probably never hear anything about this.” And I was wrong.

Q: So when you saw the movie you must have thought, “Oh s—!”

A: Yeah. It was a little annoying. But great minds think alike, right?