United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-04-2015, 09:21 PM
rogieop

17 Brento quotes...

Quote:
"My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study and that's been my biggest influence."

"I always say a squad is like a good meal. I'm not a great cook, but a good meal takes a wee bit of time. But also, to offer a good meal, you need good ingredients."

"I've always worked along with the statistic that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning the game."

"When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them."

"Southampton don’t have to sell, they have a choice. Maybe their objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe."

"If you spend more than £100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league."

"I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless."

"I use a quote with the players,'Per aspera ad astra', which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’."

“The best players want to play in the best competition. Any club will suffer the same when they’re not in there. It will hurt you, and United will know that.”

"I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes."

"I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings."

"I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope."

"It was a perfect away performance, apart from the first 10 minutes."

"We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper."

"I don't think there is anyone better, that is the reality of how I see it."
"Three months ago I was a tactical genius."

"When we lose I don't get too disappointed in the same way that when we win I don't get too carried away."

Unread 27-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
17 Brento quotes...

"My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study and that's been my biggest influence."

"I always say a squad is like a good meal. I'm not a great cook, but a good meal takes a wee bit of time. But also, to offer a good meal, you need good ingredients."

"I've always worked along with the statistic that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning the game."

"When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them."

"Southampton don’t have to sell, they have a choice. Maybe their objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe."

"If you spend more than £100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league."

"I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless."

"I use a quote with the players,'Per aspera ad astra', which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’."

“The best players want to play in the best competition. Any club will suffer the same when they’re not in there. It will hurt you, and United will know that.”

"I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes."

"I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings."

"I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope."

"When we lose I don't get too disappointed in the same way that when we win I don't get too carried away."

Unread 27-04-2015, 09:37 PM
angrydimaria

I like this better than all those

“You train dogs, i like to educate players.”

Unread 27-04-2015, 09:49 PM
dunk

Cool

Just watched it again. Love Sterling's face proper 'wtf are you on about you @#%&!' that was 100% for the cameras the £#%&!ing cringeworthy bastard :shakehead:

Absolutely no chance of Sterling staying there

Unread 27-04-2015, 10:04 PM
MUFC One Love

I just nearly burst out laughing at Sterling's face on that, brilliant.

As mentioned the man is desperate to say iconic things.

Unread 27-04-2015, 11:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Rodgers is not a smart guy. He has obviously done his homework on the methodology of the great managers, and the power of persuasive dialogue, but he fails to understand that to be effective they have to be applied with subtlety and discretion, not swung like a sledge hammer with every sentence of every interview. The quotes he has undoubtedly read from the likes of Shankly and Busby were collected over a lifetime, not one weekend.

He is the ultimate charlatan, who probably believes that you can, in fact, fool all of the people all of the time. If he were smart he would have used their over achievements last year to insulate himself against a possible drop off this year, but he didn't. Instead he basked in it, milked it for all it was worth, and stepped up the hyperbole to super human levels. Now he is paying the price. Unlucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The self portrait in his foyer told me everything I needed to know about this guy in two seconds flat. As shit a documentary as it was, thank god for 'Being Liverpool'. Normally that cringe worthy shit is behind closed doors.
spot on. that gaudy portrait of himself dominating the entire living space told you everything you need to know about him.

Unread 27-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

have no idea why they let cameras in the first place, how desperate are they for money?... can you imagine LVG finding out he has to be followed by cameras, he would go mental.

Unread 28-04-2015, 02:48 AM
Paul Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
17 Brento quotes...
Quote:

"When we lose I don't get too disappointed in the same way that when we win I don't get too carried away.
Needs to be read in David Brents voice for maximum effect.

Unread 28-04-2015, 08:55 AM
thatsfuctit

Brenton ‘as hungry as I’ve ever been’ for trophies

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...P=share_btn_tw

fair play to be so driven still with everything he's won

Unread 28-04-2015, 09:40 AM
Switching Off

Honours[edit]
Manager[edit]
Swansea City

Football League Championship play-offs: 2010–11[28]

Unread 28-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smith
I find his Scottish accent just as amusing

Unread 28-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Doctor Hver

We can all agree that Brenton rodgers is shit and never case to ammuse he and starfish are comedy gold.

Unread 28-04-2015, 01:14 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
We can all agree that Brenton rodgers is shit and never case to ammuse he and starfish are comedy gold.
so's your English tbf.

did you write for 'Allo 'Allo by any chance?

Unread 29-04-2015, 08:54 PM
ScarFace

Cool

BRENDAN RODGERS INTERVIEW: We don't compare ourselves to Man United anymore... we're looking up, not down
By PATRICK COLLINS
PUBLISHED: 22:05, 15 March 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...n-Rodgers.html

Unread 29-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Grimson

That's always been my favourite. If he's already written them down, there is nothing the players can do to make sure they're not in one of the envelopes. All they can do is make him look an idiot for writing their names down - which he never did, obviously. :shakehead:

Unread 29-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smith
Quote:
"I've not got time for the meal thing, Brendan"

Unread 29-04-2015, 09:16 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
BRENDAN RODGERS INTERVIEW: We don't compare ourselves to Man United anymore... we're looking up, not down
By PATRICK COLLINS
PUBLISHED: 22:05, 15 March 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...n-Rodgers.html

Unread 29-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Ethers

Always liked this one.

" I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence"

Always liked this one. Call me crazy, but if my objective is going through the fence, I'm going to go with the guy who looks for a hole rather than the one who tries to run through metal.

Unread 29-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
"I've not got time for the meal thing, Brendan"
Like that meeting Brent has with Neil and the other bird.

"Brendon I don't understand this, where is the report we asked you for?"

"Ah you see, you're not seeing the (makes zooming out gesture with his hands) bigger picture right, you're just looking at results and saying 'oooh he's not, you know, Producing the numbers'. I'm dealing with human beings not numbers"

Unread 29-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Always liked this one.

" I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence"

Always liked this one. Call me crazy, but if my objective is going through the fence, I'm going to go with the guy who looks for a hole rather than the one who tries to run through metal.

That's tickled me that
Closed Thread