United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
if I was working for anyone and they pulled that envelope trick I'd immediatly lose confidence in them and motivation to work for them.
Big Peps is cacking the envelopes already

Quote:
In an eve of season team talk Rodgers uses a psychological ploy involving three envelopes in an attempt to motivate his players, saying in the envelopes are the names of three players who will let the side down this season.

Reina, who has endured a mixed start to the season, insists he doesn't fear being one of those names.

"I never feared being in the envelope. No one can ever put my name in an envelope because of a lack of attitude or commitment"

"It was a motivational speech designed to make sure we were focused and tuned in all year," Reina told Spanish radio station Onda Cero.

"I never feared being in the envelope. No one can ever put my name in an envelope because of a lack of attitude or commitment.

"It's the first time I have seen a manager do that and, personally, I liked it. It stands out.

"It was a speech designed to motivate."

Unread 12-10-2012, 11:08 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990

FFS.

If the players aren't motivated why aren't they moved on FFS?

Unread 12-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Liverpool are giving up many of the same chances Swansea did last season, )playing out from the back, so unless their players are no better than Swansea's it must be down to the great one's methods.

Unread 12-10-2012, 12:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
i've heard abus rip into nani because he has a statue of himself in his bathroom. That was a gift. he's hardly going to throw it in the bin and he has a sense of humour about it.
I didn't know Nani lived at Craven Cottage.

Unread 12-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I didn't know Nani lived at Craven Cottage.
Rooming with Bale apparently

Unread 12-10-2012, 01:21 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
not really relevant. Regardless of the price he went out and arranged to have a photo of himself like that put in his hallway as an inspiration.

it couldn't be more vain unless he insisted his wife get a tattoo of his face on her chest.
Wasn't it a gift? Think I remember someone saying it was a gift from a swansea fan. Tbf, it cpuldve been Brendan Rodgers.

Unread 12-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990

Quote:
"It's the first time I have seen a manager do that and, personally, I liked it. It stands out.

"It was a speech designed to motivate."

Then Rodgers gets sacked:

"The envelope thing was disrespectful and confusing. The players didn't like it."

Unread 12-10-2012, 01:47 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Wasn't it Jesus who started this motivational envelope ploy?.......one of you will betray me, one of you will deny me three times.........

Didn't really work out for him though tbcrucified

Unread 12-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Wasn't it Jesus who started this motivational envelope ploy?.......one of you will betray me, one of you will deny me three times.........

Didn't really work out for him though tbcrucified

You'd think he'd have known which one it was when one of them was called Judas ffs

Unread 12-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

You'd think he'd have known which one it was when one of them was called Judas ffs

Unread 12-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa

Unread 12-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Wasn't it a gift? Think I remember someone saying it was a gift from a swansea fan. Tbf, it cpuldve been Brendan Rodgers.
it was a gift, a gift from my greatest supporter. A humble man with incredible talents, now I want to introduce you to him. look over there! now look back at me, it was me after all. Isn't he handsome? his name is brendan and he talks with a scottish accent dispite not being from there.

confused? I knew you would be, that's why I wrote your name in an envelope before you called over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Then Rodgers gets sacked:

"The envelope thing was disrespectful and confusing. The players didn't like it."
This.

Unread 12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
it was a gift, a gift from my greatest supporter. A humble man with incredible talents, now I want to introduce you to him. look over there! now look back at me, it was me after all. Isn't he handsome? his name is brendan and he talks with a scottish accent dispite not being from there.

confused? I knew you would be, that's why I wrote your name in an envelope before you called over.

This.
I thought he was Scottish right up to this summer.

Unread 12-10-2012, 04:53 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
team meeting starts at 4.10 or so

Being Liverpool Episode 4 - Team training before f - YouTube

"it's a good game for us to dominate"

0-3
Gerrard's face.

Looks proper "wtf are you on about?"

Also how fat is Rodgers and look at his tiny stubby finger when he points it.

Unread 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Gerrard's face.

Looks proper "wtf are you on about?"

Also how fat is Rodgers and look at his tiny stubby finger when he points it.
I'm not just saying it because its bantz or because its Liverpool.....that is genuinely £#%&!ing terrible from Rodgers. He comes across as the kind of guy who comes in to your work for an induction and takes it really seriously. £#%&!ing Keith Lard style. It's so poorly delivered and unecessary for the first game of the season. Using negative reinforcement and shallow scare tactics before they've even kicked. And given the upcoming result, he should've bought more envelopes. £#%&!, there'd be a 'we attempted delivery' Royal Mail after that shower of shit performance at WBA.

Unread 12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Pop

The Brent similarities really are uncanny. This @#%&! has the potential to surpass KKK and fat Rafa in terms of sheer £#%&!wittedness. I hope he lasts long enough for us to witness his public mental breakdown.

Unread 12-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Mr Kaboom

Props for Brenton's team talk as the season progresses

Unread 12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr kaboom

props for brenton's team talk as the season progresses

Unread 12-10-2012, 07:58 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
The Brent similarities really are uncanny. This @#%&! has the potential to surpass KKK and fat Rafa in terms of sheer £#%&!wittedness. I hope he lasts long enough for us to witness his public mental breakdown.

can't be long before the ring beard makes an appearance. how long did it take rafa?

Unread 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

And I'm sure the envelopes he used were Wernham Hoggs' finest.
Closed Thread