United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: silly season transfer %@#$&!s thread

we need a full-back, preferably one who can attack and defend etc with two feet and some height

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:55 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
we need a full-back, preferably one who can attack and defend etc with two feet and some height
John O'Shea

Unread 26-04-2010, 03:59 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
John O'Shea
He said defend.

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:02 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Get him in, play him behind Rooney, watch us dominate.
Quote:
he was rattled by José Mourinho yelling at him and a portion of the supporters criticising him after a misplaced pass and a lackadaisical attempt at tracking back.
yeah, he'll fit right in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Pay what it takes for a player who needs security from his own team mates and who can't go in to the dressing room withouit a pasting he is so unpopular? Not the best football business that. If we were silly enough to go for the slapped arse we should be slapping a measily bid on the table.
correct. he's a right @#%&! tbh and hasn't accomplished or shown anything like enough to get away with behaving like he does. makes bellamy look an angel tbh.

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

wasn't really thinking of O'Shea if I'm being completely honest

although Fabio's injuries left Evra gagging for O'Shea to cover him at times this season

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Pay what it takes for a player who needs security from his own team mates and who can't go in to the dressing room withouit a pasting he is so unpopular? Not the best football business that. If we were silly enough to go for the slapped arse we should be slapping a measily bid on the table.

As it is we wont go near a player that disruptive and even if we did City would throw more money in just because they think competing for players with us means they are somehow also competing for trophies and the lad had his debut under their manager. Come to think of it I'd love to see the fireworks of him, Bellemy, Tevez and Adebayor all clamoring for the limelight; they thought they had bust ups when Barton was there.
For that reason, whatever it takes would be about £5m to £8m

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

although Fabio's injuries left Evra gagging for O'Shea to cover him at times this season

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Harri Jaffa

Can we not just dig out a thread from 2007 when we needed a winger, full back, striker, some kind of midfielder (either combative of creative depending on your view) possibly a centre back and a goalie

Then just talk about something important like sceptic tanks

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
If there's anyone who can turn it around it's Fergie. Look at what he's done with Nani this season.

Imagine it:

Rooney

Nani Balotelli Valencia

Milner Fletcher
Mourinho is as good a man manager as you'll ever find. He instills confidence and motivates players as well as anyone, including Fergie. He's said that he's tried everything with Balotelli: he's tried to be his mate and develop a close relationship; he's tried the distant approach and left him alone; he's slagged him in public to try and provoke a reaction; he's backed him in the face of press and fan criticism in the hope of a positive response. Nothing works. The lad has got some serious issues, as demonstrated last week. He couldn't draw even the slightest motivation from playing in the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona in front of 80,000 people at the San Siro.

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:37 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Can we not just dig out a thread from 2007 when we needed a winger, full back, striker, some kind of midfielder (either combative of creative depending on your view) possibly a centre back and a goalie

Then just talk about something important like sceptic tanks
Tanks that look about and say "Oooooh, Im not too sure why O'Shea is still Uniteds Right Back?"

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Really tore it up this season with his 12 goals.
Yeah 12 goals in a shit team, whereas Berbs has how many?

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Mourinho is as good a man manager as you'll ever find. He instills confidence and motivates players as well as anyone, including Fergie. He's said that he's tried everything with Balotelli: he's tried to be his mate and develop a close relationship; he's tried the distant approach and left him alone; he's slagged him in public to try and provoke a reaction; he's backed him in the face of press and fan criticism in the hope of a positive response. Nothing works. The lad has got some serious issues, as demonstrated last week. He couldn't draw even the slightest motivation from playing in the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona in front of 80,000 people at the San Siro.
The crowd was on his back after about 30 seconds last week.

He is 19 and immature..like many people his age. And he's received tons of racist abuse in Italy particulalry at Juve and Roma, hardly a surprise that he has reacted badly.The point is he is young enough and talented enough to turn it around.

As for borsuk's stupid, sarky one-liner, I'm pretty sure there were plenty of United fans who didnt think Cantona would fit in given his history of fighting in France, and look how that one turned out.

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Tanks that look about and say "Oooooh, Im not too sure why O'Shea is still Uniteds Right Back?"

I know i'm in the minority, but I don't mind O'Shea

He's not amazing, but he does a job

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

How happy would you be if you read this on the yellow ticker -

SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS - UNITED CONFIRM SIGNINGS OF SERGIO AGUERO AND KAKA

Would you actually do a poo in your pants? I think i would.

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

He is 19 and immature..like many people his age. And he's received tons of racist abuse in Italy particulalry at Juve and Roma, hardly a surprise that he has reacted badly.The point is he is young enough and talented enough to turn it around.

As for borsuk's stupid, sarky one-liner, I'm pretty sure there were plenty of United fans who didnt think Cantona would fit in given his history of fighting in France, and look how that one turned out.
Because he looked like he couldn't care less. As a neutral, I'd really like to see him develop the talent he has, but his showing against Barca was shocking. I've never seen anyone show such little interest in such a big game. The change is going to have to come from Balotelli himself, rather than Fergie or any other manager working some kind of magic over him. You have to feel that moving out of Italy and getting a fresh start away from all that pressure would be a good starting point for him. As you say, at 19 he's got plenty of time on his side.

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:11 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
How happy would you be if you read this on the yellow ticker -

SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS - UNITED CONFIRM SIGNINGS OF SERGIO AGUERO AND KAKA

Would you actually do a poo in your pants? I think i would.
I'd write them both off before they even boarded the plane

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa

I know i'm in the minority, but I don't mind O'Shea

He's not amazing, but he does a job
exactly.

he's tactically astute.

made a United career out of it i'd say.

Unread 26-04-2010, 06:32 PM
borsuk

Quote:

as s/side said, he was shocking against barca. of course he's had some racist abuse and there's no excuse for that. but there is a reason he is singled out for racist abuse and, say, eto'o is not. the reason is he's a complete @#%&!. maybe he'll grow up, maybe not. i think he needs to leave italy and go to a small club out of the limelight somewhere.

cantona, yeah, great comparison cantona argued with coaches and owners but nobody ever accused him of not giving a £#%&! or feuding with fans in the way balotelli does.

Unread 26-04-2010, 06:35 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I've never seen anyone show such little interest in such a big game.

Unread 26-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
as s/side said, he was shocking against barca. of course he's had some racist abuse and there's no excuse for that. but there is a reason he is singled out for racist abuse and, say, eto'o is not. the reason is he's a complete @#%&!. maybe he'll grow up, maybe not. i think he needs to leave italy and go to a small club out of the limelight somewhere.

cantona, yeah, great comparison cantona argued with coaches and owners but nobody ever accused him of not giving a £#%&! or feuding with fans in the way balotelli does.
No he only £#%&!ing fought with team mates and referees ffs .
Closed Thread