United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Whalefish

Default Re: silly season transfer %@#$&!s thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Am I the only one thinking that Darren Fletcher is a tough, intelligent box to box midfielder?

ok - He isn't always the most creative but he's not bad and continuing to get better.

We want an attacking midfielder who scores goals and runs at defenders and past the back line
No you aren't, we could do with another sort like him IMO. Unless Hargreaves comes back from the dead, fully fit and injury free.

Perhaps I'm doing the lad a disservice but Kacar would be the sort I'm talking about. A bit of everything and a tough player to boot. Him plus the creative sort you describe would be great.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:13 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Reading Fergie's comments starts to make more sense now.

He's commented on the emergance of the younger players but also mentioned "team" so for me that's a significent indication that he's going to strengthen the first 11 rather than continue to buy squad players (young ones at that)

Spending hasn't stoped, it's interesting to see who's sold in order to fund the signings because regardless we will have to sell in order to put towards our signings.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Very similar players

So that's be :

-------------------VDS--------------

Rafa/Wes-----Rio--------Vidic-----Evra

------Hargo --------Fletch

------------------Silva------

Vallers--------Wazza--------Nanners

Mouthwatering tbh.Our wingers are develpoing a great work ethic too.Vallers especially.
Well, except that I put Silva on the left of the front 3, not far off..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Perhaps I'm doing the lad a disservice but Kacar would be the sort I'm talking about. A bit of everything and a tough player to boot. Him plus the creative sort you describe would be great.
On the few occasions I have seen him he has struck me as exactly the player we are looking for. Never happen though.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
You've lost me, I said McCarthy would a fine player. Where has he been mentioned as a possible Utd player and by whom?

Both Silva and Milner wouldn't really address the issue of not having a midfielder who gets stuck in or can/will offer some protection to the back four. We could with a tough box to box, dynamic midfielder of old IMO, and then someone with more guile/creativity and confidence to do something out of the ordinary.

It's fine having Giggs and Scholes around for another season but they will eventually need replacing, a few midfielders out there this Summer so I'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.
Oh it was the other thread. Dunk and borsuk were getting themselves in lather about him, but you're far too smart for that .

Dont you think Milner is the type to 'get stuck in'? He has a great engine and can play box-to-box imo. Him and Fletcher behind a more creative type would be quality imo.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
it's interesting to see who's sold in order to fund the signings because regardless we will have to sell in order to put towards our signings.
Probably a swear word these days, but I don't really have a problem with this. Can't just keep spending, adding to a squad, without getting rid of some players. There's got to be a number of players to work with and that's that. Issue is, and always will be, who goes and who comes in. Is it a (significant) reduction in quality or not.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
yeh cause were in a good position aswell.

I could see a potential swap deal involving Milner/Carrick, Hope we dont get rid of Carrick just feel we need more consistancy in the midfield. Over past two years we've been a little lightweight there simply because we £#%&! around far too often, just pick two players and unless they dip in form play them.
We dont have a half-built stadium waiting to be finished off, and I think's it's pretty obvious that at least one 'big-name' player will arrive in the Summer.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Oh it was the other thread. Dunk and borsuk were getting themselves in lather about him, but you're far too smart for that .

Dont you think Milner is the type to 'get stuck in'? He has a great engine and can play box-to-box imo. Him and Fletcher behind a more creative type would be quality imo.
Not sure about Milner, decent player but wonder if he'd be worth the fee Villa would almost certainly get for him (£20million+). Could Utd spend that sort of money, or a bit more, on two players who would give the club the same, if not more?

Tricky one.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
No you aren't, we could do with another sort like him IMO. Unless Hargreaves comes back from the dead, fully fit and injury free.

Don't know Kacar that well to be honest.

If I could put it in a nutshell I want a player who plays like Giggs did when we beat Chelsea 3 - 0 a season back

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:25 PM
dunk

Quote:

Getting in a lather

Weren't you bemoaning the possible signing of Milner a few weeks ago.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Not sure about Milner, decent player but wonder if he'd be worth the fee Villa would almost certainly get for him (£20million+). Could Utd spend that sort of money, or a bit more, on two players who would give the club the same, if not more?

Tricky one.
That's where Carrick comes into it, i dont think we need him anymore we've other players that are sensible on the ball and can do a simular job. Milner would bring some aggression into our midfield and he can take a set piece

A potential Carrick + Cash for Milner could really be something which could happen this Summer as both sides would be happy with the deal imo.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:

Tricky one.
Only 2 years left on his contract.

Havent seen much of Kacar so I cant comment. Rodwell would cost a fortune.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Getting in a lather

Weren't you bemoaning the possible signing of Milner a few weeks ago.
Ginners changed my mind. He has improved a lot over the past 18 months and it would be like having another Fletcher imo.

I wouldn't pay more than £15m for him though.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Ginners changed my mind. He has improved a lot over the past 18 months and would be like having another Fletcher imo.

I wouldn't pay more than £15m for him though.
I thought I'd read a post or two from you rather unhappy at the suggestion.

I wouldn't be overly impressed with him signing for United tbh, just another body rather than somebody bringing an influence or something different.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
I thought I'd read a post or two from you rather unhappy at the suggestion.

I wouldn't be overly impressed with him signing for United tbh, just another body rather than somebody bringing an influence or something different.
Like who?

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Harri Jaffa

Cheeky bid for Gareth Barry?

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Like who?
Not sure, but not him.

I'm not paid to scout for United, funnily enough. If Milner is the best the scouts can come up with, football is struggling.

I said similar when we were first linked with Berbatov

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:45 PM
El Chalten

if Milner really is our number 1 transfer target, we're £#%&!ed.

hth.

nft.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Whalefish

El, is that Roberto Benigni as your avatar?

Any chance you could change it to someone funny/with a bit of talent.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Liu Jian

So who are we going to get then realistically? I'm hearing a lot of whining, but £#%&! all in terms of ideas.

Unread 05-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Well, except that I put Silva on the left of the front 3, not far off..

On the few occasions I have seen him he has struck me as exactly the player we are looking for. Never happen though.
He is, he's exactly what we need. Hellvellen seems to think there's some legs in it, with us having watched him repeatedly lately, - and if he's the same Hellvellen who used to be on Red Iss then I wouldn't dismiss it.

Hopefully he's right, we are so easily over-run at times in midfield and he would solve that straight away - a big hard lad from a family of boxers, quite young, box to box, great technical ability, excellent in the air ...

Plus he'd surely be way cheaper than any English equivalent, if indeed there is one??

Just seems like a totally obvious target to me.

Him and Mesut Ozil would be fantastic buys IMO.
Closed Thread