United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2011, 04:47 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Spill the beans.

Nothing of interest to report this weekend, easy 4-1 win against an unbeaten team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
The managers?
Yup

My lad got his first MOM on the weekend, wasn't very proud of him though because they got tanked 4 v 1 who the £#%&! wants MOM for that its like saying your the best shit player Pffffffft

He was buzzin with it though ...weirdo.

he's got his mums genes nqat, he believes its just the taking part and trying your best that counts Show me a good loser i will show you a £#%&!ing idiot thats what i say

Unread 26-04-2012, 09:15 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Cup Semi Final this weekend.....we have fell at the final hurdle in a number of tournaments in the last 2 years but this could be the one

Having an awful time with the parents as well at the minute, bitching, moaning etc. Ready to pack it in at the end of the season and just concentrate on scholes jnr.

Unread 26-04-2012, 09:31 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
Yup

My lad got his first MOM on the weekend, wasn't very proud of him though because they got tanked 4 v 1 who the £#%&! wants MOM for that its like saying your the best shit player Pffffffft

He was buzzin with it though ...weirdo.

he's got his mums genes nqat, he believes its just the taking part and trying your best that counts Show me a good loser i will show you a £#%&!ing idiot thats what i say
i imagine he looks a bit like that young lad with the world at his feet in your avatar.

Unread 26-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Throw

Dads - what age did you let your kids take part in any organised 'training' rather than just messing in the park?

Mate of mine is taking his 2.5 year old to this in the summer - http://www.kiddikicks.co.uk/ and asking if mine wants to go as well.

Mine's same age and loves booting the ball around the park but I don't think he can be tethered. Don't want to be one of those super keen dads either. Plenty of time and all that.

Anyone done it/similar? Any good?

Unread 26-04-2012, 10:46 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
Dads - what age did you let your kids take part in any organised 'training' rather than just messing in the park?

Mate of mine is taking his 2.5 year old to this in the summer - http://www.kiddikicks.co.uk/ and asking if mine wants to go as well.

Mine's same age and loves booting the ball around the park but I don't think he can be tethered. Don't want to be one of those super keen dads either. Plenty of time and all that.

If you want your kid to make it in life it's already too late, Nani didn't start until 2.5 and look how thick he is.......I'm calling social services

Unread 26-04-2012, 10:47 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:

That sort of thing won't be serious at all.
Non competitive games start at under 8's and even this year (at under 9's) its still classed as non competitive (although its far from that).

Our club run a saturday club and they tend to start from 5, nothing serious at all just a kick about and the odd kid sat on the halfway line playing with the grass

Unread 26-04-2012, 10:50 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:

My lad started at 5.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, take him along and see if he enjoys it*. It's hardly gonna be super-organised drills and laps of the pitch...just a few little games and stuff.

*the most important thing

Unread 26-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Throw

Quote:
That sort of thing won't be serious at all.
Non competitive games start at under 8's and even this year (at under 9's) its still classed as non competitive (although its far from that).

Our club run a saturday club and they tend to start from 5, nothing serious at all just a kick about and the odd kid sat on the halfway line playing with the grass
Ta. I'm thinking about whether its a waste of my money and time though I suppose. Dont want to sign up for 6 weeks if he's just going to ignore the instructor/run around trees/throw rocks at the other kids/chase pigeons. (he's not a dog by the way but quite feral)

Unread 26-04-2012, 10:57 AM
The Mull

imvho I think at 2 y.o. he's too young, you're better off with a kickabout in the park.

Unread 26-04-2012, 10:57 AM
believe

If you read carlo's blog on this subject you'd be mental not to take your kid along as long as you're not invloved in the set up. It sounds £#%&!ing hilarious

Unread 26-04-2012, 11:01 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
If you read carlo's blog on this subject you'd be mental not to take your kid along as long as you're not invloved in the set up. It sounds £#%&!ing hilarious
Cheers for the plug. Paypal okay?

Unread 26-04-2012, 11:04 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Cheers for the plug. Paypal okay?
thought I'd already sent the details

Unread 26-04-2012, 11:06 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Ta. I'm thinking about whether its a waste of my money and time though I suppose. Dont want to sign up for 6 weeks if he's just going to ignore the instructor/run around trees/throw rocks at the other kids/chase pigeons. (he's not a dog by the way but quite feral)
What Ged said, if you are unsure just leave it for now.
I was itching to get scholes jnr playing football and 5 was just the right age for him....i know others lads who are just getting into it now at 9, there is no set rule.

Carlo - Link me to your blog please pal

Unread 26-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
My lad started at 5.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, take him along and see if he enjoys it*. It's hardly gonna be super-organised drills and laps of the pitch...just a few little games and stuff.

*the most important thing
Both mine started at 7 - but it depends on the kid. At that age you'll know what their aptitude is and if they like it or not.

My 17 year old finishes this weekend with the club he joined 10 years ago. For his testimonial I'm planning to finally tell his coach what a fat, "give it some altitude defenders", obnoxious, useless, cockney, "winners", "second ball", tight short wearing, Chelsea track suit wearing, gimpy eyed @#%&! he actually is.

Unread 26-04-2012, 11:07 AM
believe

Quote:
Carlo - Link me to your blog please pal
is this @#%&! for real? yhbr

Unread 26-04-2012, 11:08 AM
carlosartorial

http://carlosartorial.wordpress.com/...nior-football/

Unread 26-04-2012, 11:08 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote: