United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 05-03-2024, 01:09 PM
Baron

Football Ineos revolution in the summer?

Let's assume that they can actually identify some top class options in the summer, shall we stick a finger in the air & have a guess at who's out there & would be what this side needs?

My three for starters... best youngsters in Europe - centre back, midfield & forward:

Leny Yoro

Young French centre back (only 18) at Lille, 6' 2" ish, rapid & good in both boxes, but most importantly he, like Martinez, is excellent on the ball. His passing success rate in France this season is 91% As mentioned in the below YouTube of his strengths.

Coming from Lille you'd imagine we'd have plenty of clout to buy him. Already linked with the likes of Real Madrid & Inter. Probably a good idea to get in quick. He looks ready, they have the second best defence in the league. It's a massive problem position for us & we need to £#%&! Maguire off as well as at least one more, play this guy in rotation with Varane to help develop him but not overplay & in a year he'll be a top class CB pairing with Martinez. Probably.

Joao Neves - 19, Portuguese defensive / CM who's skilful & stepped into Enzo Fernandes boots when he left & has made the side better. I'm not actually sure if he's left or right footed, but he's able to do the things we need like beat a player, keep the football & is technically gifted. Class act - we've been linked all season for a huge fee.

Florian Wirtz (20 years old) German forward, probably best as a no.10 or wide forward he's just mesmerising on the ball - scored an outrageous goal recently for Leverkusen beating 4/5 players in tight control (first goal on the video actually) he's an amazing talent - probably end up being the next Alexander Hleb tbh. But he's brilliant to watch, dances past players.

Highly improbable I know but if anyone from Ineos is reading, I'm available to take over should Wilcox not be much cop in the interview.

Unread 05-03-2024, 01:27 PM
NedKelly

Callum Wilson

Unread 05-03-2024, 01:28 PM
suedeshoes

Ross Barkley

Unread 05-03-2024, 01:30 PM
Lok

Ineos' cash injection should mean we have more to spend this summer. The premier leagues FFP style rules allow owners to invest some money to boost transfer spending. The reason we've been so limited this last year is that the club only use revenue/loans to cover transfers rather than actually put in any of their own money.

If we assume we're allowed to spend £200m (including sales from outgoings), you'd hope we get starting players for CB, LB & CM plus a couple of squad players - most notably an experianced striker.

You'd hope that Ashworth etc... could spend that money far more wisely than we have in the past.

Onana

Dalot---CB---Martinez---LB

Mainoo---CM

Amad---Bruno---Garnacho

Hoijland

It's the basis of a pretty good team for a rebirth. Amad is questionable but I really don't want to see Antony there and it's unlikely the budget would allow us to get a top winger as well.

It would need adding to over a year or two to take it to an elite level but it would certainly be a good start. The CB and CM would have to be very physical players.

Unread 05-03-2024, 01:37 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Let's assume that they can actually identify some top class options in the summer, shall we stick a finger in the air & have a guess at who's out there & would be what this side needs?

My three for starters... best youngsters in Europe - centre back, midfield & forward:

Leny Yoro

Young French centre back (only 18) at Lille, 6' 2" ish, rapid & good in both boxes, but most importantly he, like Martinez, is excellent on the ball. His passing success rate in France this season is 91% As mentioned in the below YouTube of his strengths.

Coming from Lille you'd imagine we'd have plenty of clout to buy him. Already linked with the likes of Real Madrid & Inter. Probably a good idea to get in quick. He looks ready, they have the second best defence in the league. It's a massive problem position for us & we need to £#%&! Maguire off as well as at least one more, play this guy in rotation with Varane to help develop him but not overplay & in a year he'll be a top class CB pairing with Martinez. Probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM2nd0k24ys

Joao Neves - 19, Portuguese defensive / CM who's skilful & stepped into Enzo Fernandes boots when he left & has made the side better. I'm not actually sure if he's left or right footed, but he's able to do the things we need like beat a player, keep the football & is technically gifted. Class act - we've been linked all season for a huge fee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA2SAByaEt0

Florian Wirtz (20 years old) German forward, probably best as a no.10 or wide forward he's just mesmerising on the ball - scored an outrageous goal recently for Leverkusen beating 4/5 players in tight control (first goal on the video actually) he's an amazing talent - probably end up being the next Alexander Hleb tbh. But he's brilliant to watch, dances past players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6GIeAwJkVs

Highly improbable I know but if anyone from Ineos is reading, I'm available to take over should Wilcox not be much cop in the interview.
wirtz. lovely. feet.

anyway... we need midfielders.

Unread 05-03-2024, 01:47 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
Ineos' cash injection should mean we have more to spend this summer. The premier leagues FFP style rules allow owners to invest some money to boost transfer spending. The reason we've been so limited this last year is that the club only use revenue/loans to cover transfers rather than actually put in any of their own money.

If we assume we're allowed to spend £200m (including sales from outgoings), you'd hope we get starting players for CB, LB & CM plus a couple of squad players - most notably an experianced striker.

You'd hope that Ashworth etc... could spend that money far more wisely than we have in the past.

Onana

Dalot---CB---Martinez---LB

Mainoo---CM

Amad---Bruno---Garnacho

Hoijland

It's the basis of a pretty good team for a rebirth. Amad is questionable but I really don't want to see Antony there and it's unlikely the budget would allow us to get a top winger as well.

It would need adding to over a year or two to take it to an elite level but it would certainly be a good start. The CB and CM would have to be very physical players.
There's young English lad at Getafe who's looking very good and would cost nothing but a bit of bad press.

Unread 05-03-2024, 02:01 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
There's young English lad at Getafe who's looking very good and would cost nothing but a bit of bad press.
The 'bad press' is probably more costly than a transfer fee. Especially as we'd get £30m for selling him.

Unread 05-03-2024, 02:02 PM
Chris Quayd

Consistently string three passes together would be fairly revolutionary

Unread 05-03-2024, 02:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:
he's able to do the things we need like beat a player, keep the football
new-fangled modern football and its fancy ways

Unread 05-03-2024, 03:15 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg

Unread 05-03-2024, 03:33 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Point at his forehead?

Unread 05-03-2024, 03:42 PM
goldfinger II

Our focus should definitely be on getting young, talented and hungry players, and plenty of them.

They don't have to be great straight away.

For me, the only good thing about the entire season has been watching Garnacho, Mainoo and Hojlund. They bring a great vibe to the team. We need more like them.

Unread 05-03-2024, 05:22 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
The 'bad press' is probably more costly than a transfer fee. Especially as we'd get £30m for selling him.
Is it £#%&!. It's just noise. Like it was for Cantona. Like it was for Beckham. Like it was for Ronaldo.

Answer on the pitch. We've always had a few bad boys in the team.

Unread 05-03-2024, 05:43 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Is it £#%&!. It's just noise. Like it was for Cantona. Like it was for Beckham. Like it was for Ronaldo.

*picoflindelofinadress*

Unread 05-03-2024, 05:53 PM
Finport Red

Quote:

Leny Yoro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM2nd0k24ys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA2SAByaEt0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6GIeAwJkVs

We should sign the last one. A banner with his and George’s pics on it, with ‘it was the best of times, it was the Wirtz of times’ underneath would make it all worthwhile.

Unread 05-03-2024, 06:17 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
We should sign the last one. A banner with his and George’s pics on it, with ‘it was the best of times, it was the Wirtz of times’ underneath would make it all worthwhile.
I don't know about that, I've heard he's a brat...

Unread 05-03-2024, 06:22 PM
Glenn Lodbrok

I'm not really interested in signings I just want to terminate all the deadwood. Play the kids next season. Keep only Mainoo, Garnacho, Martinez and Rasmus. The rest of them have been the face of so many humiliations and failures that we need a total clearout. The manager can go too.

Unread 05-03-2024, 06:23 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post

None of those were quite so rapey though.

Unread 05-03-2024, 06:43 PM
est.1878

Quote:
None of those were quite so rapey though.
Just one of them....

Unread 05-03-2024, 09:22 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Lodbrok View Post
I'm not really interested in signings I just want to terminate all the deadwood.
Bloody hell mate, that’s a bit extreme. Can’t we just pay up their contracts?