United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-05-2021, 11:01 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
Id say ole basically did the same thing. Compromised the structure of the team because he bottled leaving out [sterling/rashford]. Should have played [fernandinho/Matic] and put [gundogan/pogba] further forward.
No issue with the starting lineup. Subs were bizarre again though.

Unread 30-05-2021, 11:33 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Really, even the European success?
Not specifically, just in general with what he managed to do there, and then at United. Imo he's the greatest manager that has ever lived. But at the same time I'm sure there have been some worldy managers all over the world in South America and such who I've never even heard of.

Unread 30-05-2021, 12:25 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Not specifically, just in general with what he managed to do there, and then at United. Imo he's the greatest manager that has ever lived. But at the same time I'm sure there have been some worldy managers all over the world in South America and such who I've never even heard of.
Oh that £#%&!ing race horse, though, which brought us the Glazers.

Unread 30-05-2021, 12:32 PM
Chris Quayd

Seems like I was wrong, congrats on winning last night 'pep'

Unread 30-05-2021, 12:39 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

i said it the other day but I seriously think he’s going to be like Mourinho in a few years time. More and more of the managers coming through are sussing him out, and he has never shown any kind of plan B.

Unread 30-05-2021, 12:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Declarations of greatness before It’s actually happened.

Give it a minute, will ya?

Unread 30-05-2021, 12:45 PM
Pop

Quote:

Don't forget Lampard either. You'd think he'd got them to the final going by the number of times I heard him referred to last night. But obviously the ultimate acclaim must go to Lord Pep for masterminding Chelsea's win. Such genius.

Any word from his number one fan Martin Samuel this morning?

Unread 30-05-2021, 12:52 PM
tatty

With football tactics going through cycles I agree there is a likelihood of Guardiola being left behind and it wouldn't surprise me if he never wins the CL with City.

This year was one of the easiest to win as well given how piss poor the usual contenders have been.

Unread 30-05-2021, 12:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Don't forget Lampard either. You'd think he'd got them to the final going by the number of times I heard him referred to last night. But obviously the ultimate acclaim must go to Lord Pep for masterminding Chelsea's win. Such genius.

Any word from his number one fan Martin Samuel this morning?
Tuchel the first manager to win it without any input whatsoever, by the sounds of it. It was the Lampard-Guardiola dream team.

Unread 30-05-2021, 01:01 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
With football tactics going through cycles I agree there is a likelihood of Guardiola being left behind and it wouldn't surprise me if he never wins the CL with City.

This year was one of the easiest to win as well given how piss poor the usual contenders have been.
They really have thrown away some good opportunities the last few years, in which has been quite a weak period across Europe.

Unread 30-05-2021, 01:01 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Tuchel the first manager to win it without any input whatsoever, by the sounds of it. It was the Lampard-Guardiola dream team.
I feel bad for Lampard. Sacked at the exact same moment his team started to play really well.

Unread 30-05-2021, 01:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I feel bad for Lampard. Sacked at the exact same moment his team started to play really well.

Unread 30-05-2021, 07:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Though even not long before his sacking, the media were more protective of him than they ever have been with our manager.

Unread 01-06-2021, 01:41 AM
Part 36 Offer

Have that you slaphead @#%&!

Unread 01-06-2021, 08:20 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Have what?

Unread 01-06-2021, 10:18 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
some serious buffering going on with your stream, pal.

Unread 01-06-2021, 01:56 PM
92ToBury

Paddy Power sticking the boot in:

https://news.paddypower.com/football...y-chelsea-ucl/

Unread 01-06-2021, 02:23 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Very good

Unread 01-06-2021, 02:57 PM
saffers

Like I said before. Even pure would have achieved what he did in germany with Bayern. Most fredsters would also win the league he did here in england with his squad. They would maybe also sneak a CL.

He is overhyped.

Unread 01-06-2021, 03:13 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Like I said before. Even pure would have achieved what he did in germany with Bayern. Most fredsters would also win the league he did here in england with his squad. They would maybe also sneak a CL.

He is overhyped.
And a bald @#%&! too.
Closed Thread