Unread 28-05-2021, 01:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
That's Zidane or Allegri sorted then.
Allegri by all accounts, which shafts Madrid, which is nice

Unread 28-05-2021, 02:01 PM
RARAMSES

Sean Dyche and Roy as assistant, may not be a good idea but Id like to see some of the self agrandising @#%&!s faces

Unread 28-05-2021, 02:26 PM
tatty

Both Poch and Rodgers are better managers than Ole.

Misplaced sense of loyalty is stopping some seeing the reality of just where Ole is as a manager.

And as i've said many times, I love the bloke for what he did as a player.

Unread 28-05-2021, 07:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He can’t even get top 4 serial bottler.
Alternatively, he has just won an important trophy. Not unlike us, Leicester faltered towards the end of the campaign with both key injuries and a totally ridiculous schedule.

Not saying that I want him at United, but to call him a "bottler" based pretty much on one season at Liverpool isn't really fair.

Unread 28-05-2021, 07:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Alternatively, he has just won an important trophy. Not unlike us, Leicester faltered towards the end of the campaign with both key injuries and a totally ridiculous schedule.

Not saying that I want him at United, but to call him a "bottler" based pretty much on one season at Liverpool isn't really fair.
They didn’t bottle anything. They’re punching above their weight even being in contention. The real bottlers were Chelsea. They just got away with it.

Unread 28-05-2021, 09:53 PM
Buck

Rodgers has simmered down his ego since Liverpool. He was sacked after buying into his own hype. What worked for him in that season they almost won the league is he had the same core players available every week, no European football and Luis Suarez. There was familiarity building up every week and he is a good coach for attacking football. When his Leicester team are at their best it's again as a result of having a settled regular line up. I think he will at some point get another big job but I don't think he would do so much better to sack Ole. Only Guardiola did better than Ole in the league.

People talk about Ole's CV and obviously it does not compare to Van Gaal and Mourinho. Yet I believe he's done a better job. We went diwn the route of "serial winners" and it didn't work. Only under Ole for the first time since Ferguson have we back to back top 4 finishes for the first time. We go deep in every cup. He hasn't won anything yet but we're getting there. Ancelotti with his great CV quietly finished 10th with Everton. They have spent a lot over recent years. Maybe he would have won a one off cup game with his experience in Ole's position but he's not someone who I believe can build foundations.

Unread 28-05-2021, 11:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
They didn’t bottle anything. They’re punching above their weight even being in contention. The real bottlers were Chelsea. They just got away with it.
I will try and remember to bump this if they win tomorrow

Unread 28-05-2021, 11:17 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Rodgers has simmered down his ego since Liverpool. He was sacked after buying into his own hype. What worked for him in that season they almost won the league is he had the same core players available every week, no European football and Luis Suarez. There was familiarity building up every week and he is a good coach for attacking football. When his Leicester team are at their best it's again as a result of having a settled regular line up. I think he will at some point get another big job but I don't think he would do so much better to sack Ole. Only Guardiola did better than Ole in the league.

People talk about Ole's CV and obviously it does not compare to Van Gaal and Mourinho. Yet I believe he's done a better job. We went diwn the route of "serial winners" and it didn't work. Only under Ole for the first time since Ferguson have we back to back top 4 finishes for the first time. We go deep in every cup. He hasn't won anything yet but we're getting there. Ancelotti with his great CV quietly finished 10th with Everton. They have spent a lot over recent years. Maybe he would have won a one off cup game with his experience in Ole's position but he's not someone who I believe can build foundations.
What?! Are you ignoring the investment? Only pep (squad £1b +) did better than Ole (£nearly £1b) who both did better than Leicester (££#%&!all).

Unread 28-05-2021, 11:31 PM
armchair

I'll kill myself before Rodgers gets the job. If he gets the job I'll kill myself. I'd rather be dead tbh.

Unread 28-05-2021, 11:37 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'll kill myself before Rodgers gets the job. If he gets the job I'll kill myself. I'd rather be dead tbh.
Is there anything we need to do to keep the forum running, etc?

Unread 28-05-2021, 11:53 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Reasonably strong views. How come? Is it the envelope?

He’ll manage a club more ambitious than ours next I reckon. We’re very happy with warmed up shit. That much is clear.

Unread 29-05-2021, 04:33 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
What?! Are you ignoring the investment? Only pep (squad £1b +) did better than Ole (£nearly £1b) who both did better than Leicester (££#%&!all).
I rate Rodgers, but your glossing over the fact that recruitment at Leicester has been quite frankly world class. They've been digging up diamonds for next to nothing for years. They did it before Rodgers, and they'll keep doing it after Rodgers.

And we all know that our recruitment has been shocking. Saying we have a billion quid squad doesn't mean much when we have to overpay for anyone we bring in, and have history for bringing in crap like Fred and Bailly.

Unread 29-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I rate Rodgers, but your glossing over the fact that recruitment at Leicester has been quite frankly world class. They've been digging up diamonds for next to nothing for years. They did it before Rodgers, and they'll keep doing it after Rodgers.

And we all know that our recruitment has been shocking. Saying we have a billion quid squad doesn't mean much when we have to overpay for anyone we bring in, and have history for bringing in crap like Fred and Bailly.
Bring the whole set up. Our recruitment has been piss poor for 15 years plus. Change it ffs.

Perhaps I’m just getting slightly pissed off with how continually shit we are. At everything.

Unread 29-05-2021, 10:58 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Bring the whole set up. Our recruitment has been piss poor for 15 years plus. Change it ffs.

Perhaps I’m just getting slightly pissed off with how continually shit we are. At everything.
was thinking similar about getting that Ajax coach and bringing Edwin with him. Kind of what city did with Barca, but an Aldi version.

I've calmed down now. Still don't think Ole is in any way the answer long term, but the alternatives aren't exactly exciting.

Unread 29-05-2021, 11:50 AM
saffers

The alternatives cant be worse than this shit.

Unread 29-05-2021, 11:53 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
The alternatives cant be worse than this shit.
Yes it can. We’ve seen it. We’ve finished lower, with fewer goals and fewer points than this.

Your attempts to pretend that what we’re seeing is somehow unbearable and worse than ever are weak.

Unread 29-05-2021, 11:55 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yes it can. We’ve seen it. We’ve finished lower, with fewer goals and fewer points than this.

Your attempts to pretend that what we’re seeing is somehow unbearable and worse than ever are weak.
We've never been further away from winning trophies than we are now. This is worse than Moyes because Moyes was only a few months removed from us winning the league. Now we've gone 8 years further with no league title, we are established as losers now and we have a true loser as a coach. That's why this is our weakest point ever.

Our league position is false and next season will be a massacre if this mediocre coach remains.

Unread 29-05-2021, 11:58 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
We've never been further away from winning trophies than we are now. This is worse than Moyes because Moyes was only a few months removed from us winning the league. Now we've gone 8 years further with no league title, we are established as losers now and we have a true loser as a coach. That's why this is our weakest point ever.

Our league position is false and next season will be a massacre if this mediocre coach remains.
Moyes managed the opposite of alchemy, turning gold into base metal.

Unread 29-05-2021, 12:00 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Moyes managed the opposite of alchemy, turning gold into base metal.
But as miserable as that situation was it was not as hopeless as things are now.

8 years on, we look further away than ever.

After so much money spent that is unforgivable and it is a tragedy it took the super league in order to get rid of the man who has been in charge for it all.
Closed Thread