United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:01 PM
Zorg

Should definitely get Tielemans. And therefore won't.

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:04 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Should be all over this lad.

Would've been a cheap () beast of a CB.

£#%&! that Torres off. No more Spaniards. We only get shit Spanish and Brazilians for some £#%&!ing reason
Donnarumma getting lots of shit from Milan fans and ex-players, with much criticism falling on his agent.

Guess who

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:04 PM
92ToBury

Squad is still bloated with overpaid players. Certainly not many that we've been getting value for money from.

De Gea, Lindelöf, Bailly, Jones, Martial, Rashford, Fred, Matic all not good enough. Donny and The Scottish Player get another season tops. Mata should be moved into coaching free-kicks because we're not scoring enough.

The depressing side is that we clearly don't have the funding to change it.

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:06 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Any Eastern European beasts around these days? We need some steel.

Malinkovic-Savic maybe? Hows the hype with him these days?

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:10 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Would've been a cheap () beast of a CB.
He's started 14 league games in the last 2 years. If United were in for him, everyone would be furious about us paying £30m+ for him.

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
He's started 14 league games in the last 2 years. If United were in for him, everyone would be furious about us paying £30m+ for him.
Can see that, however a potential beast and you won't get Ryan £#%&!ing Dunk for less than £50m these days

£30m is the new £8m, this is why we're £#%&!ed in the market.

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:45 PM
Baron

I'll be interested to see what fees really look like this summer after the last year or so.

Really should be more player trades than we do, more of them will be seen I reckon given the creative accounting you can put through as we saw with Juve & Barca last season.

We need 5 first teamers to challenge for the league. We will get 1 tops.

New keeper, CB, 2 midfielders & a right winger. Ideally a striker as well.

£#%&!ed.

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Should definitely get Tielemans. And therefore won't.
Linked with Liverpool today.

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:47 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Linked with Liverpool today.
On this very thread no less.

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:58 PM
tatty

We've been churning through players for years now and then discarding them when they appear to be duffers.

This cycle will carry on until we get a way of playing established with some proper tactics and a well drilled side.

In other words it isn't improving the squad that is necessarily the priority.

Unread 27-05-2021, 03:08 PM
redhegemony

The profile and age of the players is vital and Ole has to get it right. Most decisions are uncontentious but there are 4 big ones:

De Gea
Poga
Beek
Martial

Last night proved a couple of things Bailly just cannot be relied on so needs to go and The Scottish Player could develop into a good player but needs to not be first choice at least not alongside Fred.

I think this window will tell us a fair bit about Ole's ruthlessness.

Unread 27-05-2021, 03:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
I think this window will tell us a fair bit about Ole's ruthlessness.

Unread 27-05-2021, 04:11 PM
Vedder

Heaton is nailed on which means Romero and Grant will leave and maybe even De Gea.

Trippier will come in on a free, he’ll take Bissaka’s spot imo, he’s been very good for Atleti by all accounts

Sancho will come in and take Rashford place, he can play on the left and Greenwood deserves to keep that RW position

Neves is available at 25m apparently, I personally think he’s overrated but that price not to be sniffed at. Is Rice all that? Let’s see how he gets on in the euros, I don’t think he’s £80 million quid better than The Scottish Player. Massive upgrade on Fred but who isn’t.

I love the young lad Fofana for CB, 20 years old and already looks excellent. Not convinced by Pau Torres, Varane, Botman etc. I think Tuanzebe will leave if a good offer comes in for him

Unread 27-05-2021, 04:14 PM
n48

Raid Villa and Spurs for Grealish and Ali. Open the warchest for Brighton's White and Dunk then swoop for Sancho. #Spine

Unread 27-05-2021, 04:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Heaton is nailed on which means Romero and Grant will leave and maybe even De Gea.

Trippier will come in on a free, he’ll take Bissaka’s spot imo, he’s been very good for Atleti by all accounts

Sancho will come in and take Rashford place, he can play on the left and Greenwood deserves to keep that RW position

Neves is available at 25m apparently, I personally think he’s overrated but that price not to be sniffed at. Is Rice all that? Let’s see how he gets on in the euros, I don’t think he’s £80 million quid better than The Scottish Player. Massive upgrade on Fred but who isn’t.

I love the young lad Fofana for CB, 20 years old and already looks excellent. Not convinced by Pau Torres, Varane, Botman etc. I think Tuanzebe will leave if a good offer comes in for him
Denied by Wolves today. Not available at all they've 'reassured fans'.

Leicester would want Maguire money for Fofana.

Trippier won't 'take' AWB's spot, just like Telles didn't take Shaw's. Would be a good addition though.

Unread 27-05-2021, 05:25 PM
saffers

Ingsy and Heatony on the way.

Unread 27-05-2021, 06:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
The depressing side is that we clearly don't have the funding to change it.
Actually the even more depressing thing is that we probably do, that just isn't the way the gimps run the club.

Unread 28-05-2021, 01:09 AM
Matt6677

Quote:
This is the critical moment.

We need to buy players better than those in the first team and move the equivalent down the pecking order. Fred should not be starting in a first XI, Lindelof probably shouldn't, Pogba shouldn't and De Gea definitely should'nt be starting...

The 'almost' teams don't make these big decisions and move current first team players out, they buy for the periphery and hope it improves...
Dont worry about Pogba as he wont be here next season. You think he is going to let his best years get wasted by Ole and his shit management? Nah he is destined to be a champions league winner and I hope he achieves this goal

Lmao at suggesting that Pogba should be a bench player for us

Unread 28-05-2021, 02:18 AM
Weekend Hussler

We need depth, so that Ole can bring some players off the bench that he can trust.

Forget chucking 100m at a Sancho or Kane we don't need an 85inch TV, we need furnitutre for the whole house.

Where possible I'd be going with premier league experience, who know the English game and don't need time to settle in to the country:

GK - Donnarumma (Free) - Sell De Gea (£40m)
RB - Trippier (Free) - Give Dalot away in a raffle
CB - Dunk (£25m) - Sell Bailly (£15m)
CB - Botman (£35m) - Cremate Jones
CM - Neves (£25m) - Sell Fred (£20m)
CM - Soucek (£20m) - Part-ex Lingard
CM - Willock (£20m) - A.Pereira is second prize in the Dalot raffle
RW - Matheus Pereira (£20m) - Mata promoted to Chief Hugs Officer
ST - Abraham (£30m) - Sell Martial (£40m)
ST - King (Free) - Sell James (£10m)

Squad then looks like:

GK - Donnarumma, Henderson, Heaton
DF - Tippier, AWB, Shaw, Telles, Maguire, Dunk, Botman, Lindelof, Williams, Tuanzebe
MF - Pogba, Fernandes, The Scottish Player, Matic, Van De Beek, Neves, Soucek, Willock
FW - Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Amad, Pereira, Abraham, King, Elanga, Shoeretire

Net spend of £50m. Even Joel, might aprove that.

Unread 28-05-2021, 09:07 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
We need depth, so that Ole can bring some players off the bench that he can trust.

Forget chucking 100m at a Sancho or Kane we don't need an 85inch TV, we need furnitutre for the whole house.

Where possible I'd be going with premier league experience, who know the English game and don't need time to settle in to the country:

GK - Donnarumma (Free) - Sell De Gea (£40m)
RB - Trippier (Free) - Give Dalot away in a raffle
CB - Dunk (£25m) - Sell Bailly (£15m)
CB - Botman (£35m) - Cremate Jones
CM - Neves (£25m) - Sell Fred (£20m)
CM - Soucek (£20m) - Part-ex Lingard
CM - Willock (£20m) - A.Pereira is second prize in the Dalot raffle
RW - Matheus Pereira (£20m) - Mata promoted to Chief Hugs Officer
ST - Abraham (£30m) - Sell Martial (£40m)
ST - King (Free) - Sell James (£10m)

Squad then looks like:

GK - Donnarumma, Henderson, Heaton
DF - Tippier, AWB, Shaw, Telles, Maguire, Dunk, Botman, Lindelof, Williams, Tuanzebe
MF - Pogba, Fernandes, The Scottish Player, Matic, Van De Beek, Neves, Soucek, Willock
FW - Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Amad, Pereira, Abraham, King, Elanga, Shoeretire

Net spend of £50m. Even Joel, might aprove that.
£#%&!ing hell.
Closed Thread