United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2021, 09:23 PM
browser

Would be a good deal. Frees up a slot for garner while improving an obvious weakness.

We’d still need a DM, CB and CF mind

Unread 03-06-2021, 09:33 PM
dunk

Garner is off out on loan, hopefully in the PL, next season.

Donny must stay.

Or not, nor sure igaf at this point. We need at least 5 players

Unread 03-06-2021, 09:38 PM
armchair

I don't think it'll be a straight swap. But given a good euros from one and not a great one from another it could be.

Unread 03-06-2021, 09:41 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
This is true and the most likely scenario to happen.
Unless of course they have some kind of agreement between themselves behind the scene we don't know of.
I don’t think it’s true and I don’t think it will happen.

Just that I could well see Donny wanting out.

Unread 04-06-2021, 09:08 AM
Whip Hubley

Honest question here, why are people so desparate for Donny to stay? Because of his form for Ajax? Or because Pogba might be off?

I've nothing against the guy (does good insta) and if he does stay, I hope he comes good of course, but I don't think he's exactly warranted the odd loyalty he seems to be getting from some people.

Unread 04-06-2021, 09:14 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Honest question here, why are people so desparate for Donny to stay? Because of his form for Ajax? Or because Pogba might be off?

I've nothing against the guy (does good insta) and if he does stay, I hope he comes good of course, but I don't think he's exactly warranted the odd loyalty he seems to be getting from some people.
Same, I'm not sure if it's a bit of a piss take at times. I understand Bunks' Dutch love-in/links... and fair enough. But couldn't really give a shite if he stays or goes tbh, he's been extremely average every time I've seen him..

Unread 04-06-2021, 09:14 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Form for Ajax
You mean his football attributes, they don't just leave you over night, I think those that have seen him play a bit or have played at a decent level understand what he is capable of producing and hope he does at United...

Those that call him shit and want him gone after one season are the ones I find odd...

He's been poorly managed and I hope he gets a good run of games next season, otherwise I wish him well. He needs to be playing football .

Unread 04-06-2021, 09:49 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Form for Ajax
You mean his football attributes, they don't just leave you over night, I think those that have seen him play a bit or have played at a decent level understand what he is capable of producing and hope he does at United...

Those that call him shit and want him gone after one season are the ones I find odd...

He's been poorly managed and I hope he gets a good run of games next season, otherwise I wish him well. He needs to be playing football .
This. A lot of what he does doesn’t come off currently but to me, it shows a speed of thought and understanding of the game that is beyond the players around him. He plays best in tight spaces with quick one touch interchanges which demand intelligence of all those around him whereas our midfield prefers ponderous cross field balls that slow the play down to a snails pace.

I honestly think him and Bruno should be brilliant together - it’s when you throw in Awb and Shaw and mcfred and pogba (who loves slowing everything down) that the whole thing grinds a bit.

Put him in a team with the reserves and he’ll be brilliant because that’s the way they play.

Tbh, I’m seriously considering watching the reserves next year because they play much better football.

Unread 04-06-2021, 10:17 AM
dunk

If Dan James gets 2-3 seasons to prove he isn't shit, then Donny deserves 2 at least imo.

Unread 04-06-2021, 11:24 AM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If Dan James gets 2-3 seasons to prove he isn't shit, then Donny deserves 2 at least imo.
Fair point

Unread 04-06-2021, 03:45 PM
guerreiro

The amount of shit players that have previously ripped up the Dutch league doesn’t lend itself to the argument that he’s been mismanaged here or not got players on the same wave length etc. Everton signed the Ajax midfield captain, never even played 10 games for them he was so off the pace.

I’ve heard the argument he’s proved his class because he dummied a ball. Literally didn’t touch it. You could give him another season but he’s had chances and if he gets binned it’s on him.

Unread 04-06-2021, 04:03 PM
NedKelly

Watching him and Mata play proper football together was one of the highlights of this season.

Unread 04-06-2021, 04:27 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Watching him and Mata play proper football together was one of the highlights of this season.
Unforgettable tbf.

Unread 04-06-2021, 05:49 PM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Unforgettable tbf.

Tbf Hyman is right, a lot of what he tries doesn't come off - passing, shooting etc.

Bunks with the classic "i've played at sunday league and can see his talent" line....

Anyway I doubt we'll bin him after one season, so best of luck to the donny reds for 21/22. May his dummies shine brightly.

Unread 04-06-2021, 07:19 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Tbf Hyman is right, a lot of what he tries doesn't come off - passing, shooting etc.

Bunks with the classic "i've played at sunday league and can see his talent" line....

Anyway I doubt we'll bin him after one season, so best of luck to the donny reds for 21/22. May his dummies shine brightly.

Donny reds - not writing off a player badly managed during his 1st season in which he’s never had a run of games and rarely started but when he has he’s not £#%&!ed it up half as many times as Fred we are here

Unread 04-06-2021, 09:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Donny reds - not writing off a player badly managed during his 1st season in which he’s never had a run of games and rarely started but when he has he’s not £#%&!ed it up half as many times as Fred we are here
Would happily start him ahead of Fred for the rest of time. But sincerely hoping we buy an actual DM at some point.

Donny reds

Unread 05-06-2021, 03:44 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
James has done far more tbf.

Unread 05-06-2021, 07:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Praising with faint damns, indeed.

Unread 05-06-2021, 07:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao