United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
You don't play football with them but you do need to be able to press and break on them. That's how Spurs + Liverpool have had good success against them over the years .. even technically average but physically strong sides like the Palace + Lyon teams that have done them.

Do a Burnley style sit back and invite pressure and they'll kill you. Turn up with some luxury players who can't run anymore and they'll pass rings around you.

Not a chance we get anything from them with Eriksen as 1 of the 3 in midfield. Not a chance. That's got the makings of an absolute mauling.
Well, Sabitzer is out for the season and The Scottish Player has been MIA for weeks, so who do you propose this mysterious 3rd midfielder that isn’t Eriksen is?

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
It will be the same line up as last time we played them and won.

The only change he might do is put lindelof in rather than malacia
Fred and Casemiro deep, wasnt it? Did Antony start?

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:23 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
It will be the same line up as last time we played them and won.

The only change he might do is put lindelof in rather than malacia
Half the players they turned up to OT with are out the team now. They changed the way they played after bombing Cancelo out. Benched all the nigh-on luxury players (Foden; Mahrez) - team of runners now for their big games (Gundogan, Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish, KDB behind Haaland). Will need something different (them letting that game go after getting the lead probably big reason as to why he changed things).

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:27 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Fred and Casemiro deep, wasnt it? Did Antony start?
Anthony didn't start. Bruno was on the right. Wouldn't be surprised to see that again. Try and keep it tight for as long as possible.

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:29 PM
Bonkon

Can't wait. Reminds me a little of when we played Arsenal in the semi final in their 'invincible' season.
Get into the @#%&!s on and off the pitch. It's gonna be glorious!
United!

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:31 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Half the players they turned up to OT with are out the team now. They changed the way they played after bombing Cancelo out. Benched all the nigh-on luxury players (Foden; Mahrez) - team of runners now for their big games (Gundogan, Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish, KDB behind Haaland). Will need something different (them letting that game go after getting the lead probably big reason as to why he changed things).

Some of those players will be rested for the champions league final

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Some of those players will be rested for the champions league final
Doubt it. They’ve got a week off. They’re fresh as £#%&! and won’t need a rest.

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:37 PM
woody78

Quote:
Doubt it. They’ve got a week off. They’re fresh as £#%&! and won’t need a rest.
For some reason i thought the champions league was on the following Wednesday. I totally forgot it was on the Saturday

4-0 city

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Is it before the CL final?

Please say yes.
Wtaf

Unread 17-05-2023, 11:14 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkon
Can't wait. Reminds me a little of when we played Arsenal in the semi final in their 'invincible' season.
United!
Same game entered my head mulling this over…

If we play an extra midfielder and drop the 2 wide forward approach I give us a punchers chance.

Unread 17-05-2023, 11:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkon
United!
'Get into the @#%&!s'?

you do realise this is 2023 right? Football's virtually a non-contact sport now. It's one of the reasons why the gap between the top and the bottom is so absolutely gigantic now. You can't just go out and kick superior teams the way they used to back in the day to 'even things out'.

And even so, our powder puff bunch of fannies get bullied about by the likes of West Ham and Brighton so I don't think they'll pose much of a problem to a ruthless bunch of seasoned winners like City.

"get into them" ffs.

If that's all we've got then god £#%&!ing help us.

Unread 18-05-2023, 12:05 AM
armchair

I would love it to be one of the worst matches of football ever and us to score a controversial winner late on.

Unread 18-05-2023, 12:50 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I would love it to be one of the worst matches of football ever and us to score a controversial winner late on.
Penalty, Bruno dive whilst Pep was distracted, limbo dancing in front of the fourth official after a failed penalty claim of WBassaka handball

Unread 18-05-2023, 01:03 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
still a big goal in Weggy, can feel it, manifest it .

Unread 18-05-2023, 07:54 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
'Get into the @#%&!s'?

you do realise this is 2023 right? Football's virtually a non-contact sport now. It's one of the reasons why the gap between the top and the bottom is so absolutely gigantic now. You can't just go out and kick superior teams the way they used to back in the day to 'even things out'.

And even so, our powder puff bunch of fannies get bullied about by the likes of West Ham and Brighton so I don't think they'll pose much of a problem to a ruthless bunch of seasoned winners like City.

"get into them" ffs.

Its the next step up from Ole's "Go out and enjoy yourselves..."

City put 3 past us...

"That's football..."

Unread 18-05-2023, 07:56 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
'Get into the @#%&!s'?

"get into them" ffs.

Passion and desire.

Play for the shirt

Etc

Unread 18-05-2023, 07:57 AM
AK14

We’re going to need more than a single goal if we want to beat them at the moment.

Unread 18-05-2023, 07:59 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Weghorst woh oh oh oh, weghorst, woh oh oh oh his season has been shite, he’s saved it for tonight Weghorst woh oh oh oh

Unread 18-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Vedder

Just gotta hope they have one eye on the CL final which they will it’s natural, their players subconsciously may not want to go into 50/50 challenges and risk being injured for the biggest game of their life. Guardiola may rest a few too.

Unread 18-05-2023, 08:02 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
More chance of me winning FOTY than him even getting a shot on target in the FA Cup. And that's if he is even trusted to come on.
Closed Thread