United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:27 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
...stop pretending it has some kind of parity with the men's game and stop this pretence that if someone says it is shit then they must hate women.
Spot on. 👌

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:30 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
"The Gashes"

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...97&postcount=5

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
My only annoyance with womens football is how the BBC mix the headlines with the mens game. A quick glance at the web page & I see a headline about United winning/losing & I'm like "WTF, I missed the game. Hang on, we play today/tomorrow".
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
The Guardian - of course - reporting on the Fifa world player of the year had the female winner before Lewandowski.

Was also reading someone getting pulled up for saying Ronaldo had broke the record for most international goals because some Canadian woman had scored more.

I have no problem with woman's football. If there's an audience for it, great. But stop pretending it has some kind of parity with the men's game and stop this pretence that if someone says it is shit then they must hate women.

Same with the woman who does the co-commentary. I find her annoying. But that doesn't mean I don't like women. I also find Jenas, Keown and 80% of male co-commentators equally annoying, if not more.
And this.

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:38 PM
jem

most people assess women's sport on its merits.

and most men like boobies.

what is irritating is having to put up with squeaky voices over men's football and silly comments about "the pressure of walking out in front of 90,000 fans" (as if you'd know, love), but it's no worse than jonathan pearce squeaking or listening to martin keown giving tips on finishing or fat journos writing articles on how ralf can fix united's formation and tactics.

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:39 PM
BarryX

Next we'll be banned from having an opinion on anything.

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:41 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
That is a £#%&!ing disgusting thing to say

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
just like at home.

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:54 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
just like at home.
Should get your missus to be a mod on here.

Unread 20-01-2022, 01:06 PM
Jack Duckworth

these days, if you say you're a man, you get arrested and thrown in jail.

Unread 20-01-2022, 01:17 PM
guerreiro

Don’t mind the netball tbh. Proper birds sport.

Unread 20-01-2022, 01:52 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Heh, many moons ago our works football team got a few quid for a buffet to 'entertain' the opposition after matches in a local pub.
Some of the women in the office were a bit put out by this, despite their not having a team of any kind in any league, cos you know, they can play netball.

So we took them on at netball. And won.
Then we took them on at football. And we won, even playing with our 'wrong' foot in the second half.
They'd moaned about our tactics, so we took them on at netball again. And won again.

I am now married to the captain of their netball 'team'. Not sure who won that one.

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:11 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Heh, many moons ago our works football team got a few quid for a buffet to 'entertain' the opposition after matches in a local pub.
Some of the women in the office were a bit put out by this, despite their not having a team of any kind in any league, cos you know, they can play netball.

So we took them on at netball. And won.
Then we took them on at football. And we won, even playing with our 'wrong' foot in the second half.
They'd moaned about our tactics, so we took them on at netball again. And won again.

I am now married to the captain of their netball 'team'. Not sure who won that one.
You can be Michael Owen, I’ll be Neville Southsll.

“Well done Michael, they’re only girls”

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:13 PM
Coracao

Only women's sport that is remotely watchable is athletics. Maybe tennis if a fit one is playing.

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:14 PM
BarryX

What if you support Karen FC?

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:15 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Only women's sport that is remotely watchable is athletics. Maybe tennis if a fit one is playing.
Only reason I watch Tipping Point tbf

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:17 PM
thatsfuctit

Read this the other day about Sarah Glenn who plays for the Englad ladies cricket team.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60039674

I am very pro ladies cricket and the standards generally are improving quickly, but England have just been completely gubbed by the Aussie sheilas in their 1st T20, mainly because the bowlers got carted all over the shop after the 'batters' posted a decent total

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO51136

Not watched it, but was listening whilst working, the aussie commentator was pretty scathing about the England bowlers, but i was thinking he'll probably get called out for saying that the bowling was rubbish, what's he meant to say though?

People have got to be able to call it as they see it in terms of performance , take a look at the 'Ashes' thread to see what we think of the mens team too...

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:20 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Fred Tissues usual suspects scoring highly with toxic masculinity here.

5 posts before we got to "@#%&!" and "gash". How many until "bitch" and "tart"?

"Analysis was based on the responses of 1,950 male football supporters who regularly use UK-based fan message boards".

Absolute nonsense phrase/concept.

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:44 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
You can be Michael Owen, I’ll be Neville Southsll.

“Well done Michael, they’re only girls”

Aye, a proper bunch of Rapinoes.

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:45 PM
jem

Quote:
netball is rubbish. but helen housby is a massive red. deserves her own thread, really.

Unread 20-01-2022, 02:57 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
these days, if you say you're a man, you get arrested and thrown in jail.
You've seen them. The jails.
Closed Thread