United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:35 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Great player, and probably should have won the Ballon d’Or in 1999, but the blokes a cockney #@&%!, tbh. Always been about ‘Brand Beckham’. Wonder if he’s still whinging about not getting his knighthood.

His kids are absolute oddballs, btw. Not sure if anyone else saw the eldest one on a cooking show in the States recently, but it was

https://youtu.be/z29JuC1tVic
"my great grandma taught me how to make this"

Unread 09-12-2021, 01:28 PM
jem

will he join the boycott, I wonder?

Unread 09-12-2021, 01:34 PM
Pop

Still after that knighthood the bootlicking #@&%!.

Quote:
Daddy’s little helper, Harper and I planted some trees to join queensgreencanopy in celebrating The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee

Unread 09-12-2021, 01:51 PM
Bion

Unread 09-12-2021, 01:52 PM
atticusgrinch

He's saving up to buy united. Leave him be ffs.

Unread 09-12-2021, 03:31 PM
Denis Irwell

Always knows which side his bread is buttered. Picked up,a green and gold scarf off the pitch at OT to milk favour from the support when at Milan but shit himself when asked if he was behind the campaign.

“Does this mean you are behind the campaign, David”?

“Nah, don’t know naffinck about campaigns. Always had a soft spot for Norwich, tbh”.

Unread 09-12-2021, 05:40 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Zig a zig Qatar.

Unread 09-12-2021, 05:49 PM
jem

no one cares about norway, then?

we should join them.

Unread 09-12-2021, 07:37 PM
believe

The lack of respect for one of United’s greatest ever players is pretty disgusting.

Unread 09-12-2021, 08:01 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The lack of respect for one of United’s greatest ever players is pretty disgusting.
Think respect can diminish when you sign up to be an ambassador for a country with a bad human rights record . Not just generally speaking , even with them putting on the World Cup the treatment of their workers have been bad.

Yes , it’s not Beckham fault , but in some peoples eyes a person with much following shouldn’t be doing like becoming an ambassador because it papers over all the bad things involved in the very same tournament he is an ambassador for.

people should be allowed to change their opinion on people. Just as it’s ok for people not to. Doesn’t mean it’s “less respect” or “disgusting”

Unread 09-12-2021, 08:44 PM
silv

Adore Beckham

He could be the ambassador for Jimmy Saville for all I care

Unread 09-12-2021, 08:47 PM
Pop

The "friends on both sides" comment was a £#%&!ing ridiculous thing to say, even by his standards. Tipping the press off over the little scratch above his eye to challenge Fergie was a @#%&!s trick too.

He wasn't missed in the slightest after pursuing his Madrid move, that's all needs be said about the massive ponce.

Unread 09-12-2021, 09:37 PM
Denis Irwell

Lack of respect he showed the club, Fergie and fans when he Martialled his last 2.5 years

Unread 10-12-2021, 12:05 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Lack of respect he showed the club, Fergie and fans when he Martialled his last 2.5 years
This may be just a slight exaggeration tbf.

Unread 10-12-2021, 12:23 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Martialled? That's revisionist.

Unread 10-12-2021, 10:04 AM
Denis Irwell

Not even a slight exaggeration.

Surprising how people quickly forget his last >couple of years. Definitely went through the motions (somebody will probably post his fk vs Madrid) and took time off with “injuries” to traipse around the globe to help promote his showbiz wife’s career. Pogba rightly gets criticism for it. Shamelessly flaunted his “wound” and parted his fringe after the boot incident.

Great player when he was at it but the brand took over long before he left.

Unread 10-12-2021, 10:13 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Surprising how people quickly forget his last >couple of years. Definitely went through the motions (somebody will probably post his fk vs Madrid) and took time off with “injuries” to traipse around the globe to help promote his showbiz wife’s career. Pogba rightly gets criticism for it. Shamelessly flaunted his “wound” and parted his fringe after the boot incident.

Is that what we're calling Posh now

Unread 10-12-2021, 11:10 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

What an absolute load of %@#$&!s

Unread 10-12-2021, 11:17 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

Nah Beckham is one of the very few players in the world to have consistently given his all on the pitch whilst also building a brand. In fact, the only other player I can think of is Ronaldo. People argue all day about his ability (I think he was world class, some just think he was only about dead ball delivery), but I think you’re the first person I’ve ever seen say he was “going through the motions”.

Unread 10-12-2021, 11:55 AM
Stickman

I actually did happen to think he started his final season looking a bit of a shell of the player he was but only really from that point.

2001/02 - his second last season I’m sure he banged in quite a few goals.
Closed Thread