United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2022, 08:18 AM
Sapien

Default Misogyny towards women’s sport common among male football fans, study finds

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ns-study-finds

Quote:
Their analysis was based on the responses of 1,950 male football supporters who regularly use UK-based fan message boards.

Unread 20-01-2022, 08:30 AM
The Stella Fella

So it’s our fault for being misogynistic not their fault for being really shit at sport

Unread 20-01-2022, 09:10 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
So it’s our fault for being misogynistic not their fault for being really shit at sport

Unread 20-01-2022, 09:16 AM
dunk

Quote:

It’s unwatchable. The constant jamming of it into our consciousness is what causes the attitude towards it though.

Unread 20-01-2022, 09:21 AM
waynes ear's

even the adverts boil my piss.

"WHAT A GOAL" screams some @#%&!. Video showing a pearoller bouncing over some keeper who's lay down

the cricket clip has some screaming @#%&! I can only imagine is being battered by Peter Sutcliffe and not taking an important wicket in the Womens Gashes

get £#%&!ed

Unread 20-01-2022, 09:25 AM
NedKelly

Always find it funny when their 5’10 goalkeeper watches the ball float slowly over her head and into the back of the net. Literally every game. Just make the nets smaller ffs.

Unread 20-01-2022, 09:47 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
even the adverts boil my piss.

"WHAT A GOAL" screams some @#%&!. Video showing a pearoller bouncing over some keeper who's lay down

the cricket clip has some screaming @#%&! I can only imagine is being battered by Peter Sutcliffe and not taking an important wicket in the Womens Gashes

get £#%&!ed
please forgive me mum, but I laughed at the above

Unread 20-01-2022, 09:48 AM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 20-01-2022, 09:51 AM
suedeshoes

Fred Tissues usual suspects scoring highly with toxic masculinity here.

5 posts before we got to "@#%&!" and "gash". How many until "bitch" and "tart"?

"Analysis was based on the responses of 1,950 male football supporters who regularly use UK-based fan message boards".

Unread 20-01-2022, 09:59 AM
Pop

So don't show it on tv then, everybody is happy.

Unread 20-01-2022, 10:03 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Fred Tissues usual suspects scoring highly with toxic masculinity here.

5 posts before we got to "@#%&!" and "gash". How many until "bitch" and "tart"?

"Analysis was based on the responses of 1,950 male football supporters who regularly use UK-based fan message boards".
dry your fanny

Unread 20-01-2022, 10:03 AM
Drexl

TBF to give your time to sport is a big ask.

We well take the piss out of underperfoming male players.

To embrace sport just because women are playing it is patronising and more demeaning.

SIDENOTE: women smashed the men in Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge. And I mean SMASHED them

Unread 20-01-2022, 10:53 AM
armchair

Thanks guys, banned from adsense again.

Unread 20-01-2022, 10:59 AM
Drexl

I apolgise

I actually ran my post before my missus, and she gave it the nod. But I'm clearly part of the problem

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:02 AM
redhegemony

Watching the women's Ashes hopefully have a better chance than the men.

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:06 AM
Fat Al

My only annoyance with womens football is how the BBC mix the headlines with the mens game. A quick glance at the web page & I see a headline about United winning/losing & I'm like "WTF, I missed the game. Hang on, we play today/tomorrow".

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:08 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Watching the women's Ashes hopefully have a better chance than the men.
"The Gashes"

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:15 PM
redhegemony

Stuffed by 9 wickets...

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:16 PM
Pop

Clunge

Unread 20-01-2022, 12:16 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
My only annoyance with womens football is how the BBC mix the headlines with the mens game. A quick glance at the web page & I see a headline about United winning/losing & I'm like "WTF, I missed the game. Hang on, we play today/tomorrow".
The Guardian - of course - reporting on the Fifa world player of the year had the female winner before Lewandowski.

Was also reading someone getting pulled up for saying Ronaldo had broke the record for most international goals because some Canadian woman had scored more.

I have no problem with woman's football. If there's an audience for it, great. But stop pretending it has some kind of parity with the men's game and stop this pretence that if someone says it is shit then they must hate women.

Same with the woman who does the co-commentary. I find her annoying. But that doesn't mean I don't like women. I also find Jenas, Keown and 80% of male co-commentators equally annoying, if not more.
Closed Thread