Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Bloody hell, pal.

Time served red, here.

Unread 13-06-2019, 06:42 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
with regards to social influencers, fellow social influencer McKola was flown out for a week all expenses to New York, courtsey of JD Sports for the Joshua fight with 29 other influencers and they were each paid a grand a day!! ffs
Influencers ffs.

Give them all influenza instead, worthless skidmarks

Unread 13-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Influencers ffs.

Give them all influenza instead, worthless skidmarks
I know, #@&%!s

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:47 PM
ScarFace

Exclamation #GlazersOut

Trending again...why?

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:53 PM
armchair

if you are going to be spammy about him i'll ban all his content sitewide

and i'll delete any old threads about him too

Unread 20-06-2019, 12:14 AM
ScarFace

saw his video way after the trending thing. Its been all night.

No idea why its started...probably rumours of the arabs again.

Unread 20-06-2019, 03:34 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
No lover of gravy train McKola but this stinks

Could not find the 'jews control the world' bit which is anti semetic but did find the 'zionists are @#%&!s' which is not

For those that do not understand the difference Judaism is a religion ,Zionism is a political ideology , not all jews are zionists and many zionists are not jews

The Gal Gadot joke could be argued as bad taste but I've seen much worse 'jokes' defended

I've no context for the rest but the selective quoting 'jews dragging their religion thru dirt' reads differently when looking at the tweet itself

https://twitter.com/NorthWestFOI/sta...170432/photo/1

Fom that tweet alone without seeing the full context , as i'm neither paid by a goverment nor have the resources to trawl through years of timelines,the NW Friends of Israel seems to be conflating anti zionism with anti semitism to defend the apartheid state of Israel, which to be fair is their stated aim

Here's Simon from their sister branch who they love to retweet harassing some pensioners

Unread 20-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
No lover of gravy train McKola but this stinks

Could not find the 'jews control the world' bit which is anti semetic but did find the 'zionists are @#%&!s' which is not

For those that do not understand the difference Judaism is a religion ,Zionism is a political ideology , not all jews are zionists and many zionists are not jews

The Gal Gadot joke could be argued as bad taste but I've seen much worse 'jokes' defended

I've no context for the rest but the selective quoting 'jews dragging their religion thru dirt' reads differently when looking at the tweet itself

https://twitter.com/NorthWestFOI/sta...170432/photo/1

Fom that tweet alone without seeing the full context , as i'm neither paid by a goverment nor have the resources to trawl through years of timelines,the NW Friends of Israel seems to be conflating anti zionism with anti semitism to defend the apartheid state of Israel, which to be fair is their stated aim

Here's Simon from their sister branch who they love to retweet harassing some pensioners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_irmCd_nI9A
Quote:
The common denominator among all Zionists is the claim to Eretz Israel as the national homeland of the Jews and as the legitimate focus for Jewish national self-determination.[25] It is based on historical ties and religious traditions linking the Jewish people to the Land of Israel.[26] Zionism does not have a uniform ideology, but has evolved in a dialogue among a plethora of ideologies: General Zionism, Religious Zionism, Labor Zionism, Revisionist Zionism, Green Zionism, etc.
It’s nothing more than a safe placeholder word for the vague, trendy, ill informed but somehow vehement hatred of Israel. As zionism is the claim for jewish self determination anti zionism is by definition opposition to the existence of a jewish state and clearly anti semitic.

I understand that many of those repeating the currently fashionable mantras don’t, for reasons of ignorance, actually hold that particular opinion (or on examination anything counting as one) but that is the danger of thoughtlessly accepting boilerplate opinions to seem virtuous.

Unread 20-06-2019, 09:10 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
It’s nothing more than a safe placeholder word for the vague, trendy, ill informed but somehow vehement hatred of Israel. As zionism is the claim for jewish self determination anti zionism is by definition opposition to the existence of a jewish state and clearly anti semitic.

I understand that many of those repeating the currently fashionable mantras don’t, for reasons of ignorance, actually hold that particular opinion (or on examination anything counting as one) but that is the danger of thoughtlessly accepting boilerplate opinions to seem virtuous.
So anti zionism is anti semitic ?

Unread 20-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Properly understood, yes. Although, most people who use the term don’t actually understand the implications. They just think it means Israel should stop being mean to the Saintly Palestinians.

Unread 20-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Properly understood, yes. Although, most people who use the term don’t actually understand the implications. They just think it means Israel should stop being mean to the Saintly Palestinians.

I don't think you understand properly HOS.

Being anti-zionist is not the same as being anti-semitic. Not in a million years.

Just because you want it to be the same so you can use it to silence all those loony lefties you dislike, it doesn't mean it is.

Unread 20-06-2019, 09:34 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Increasingly, any criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic.

Seems like quite a reductive position to take. And oddly enough a position often taken by those who despise the similarly reductive tendencies of much identitarian ideologies.

Unread 20-06-2019, 09:36 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Most of the time yes, they go hand in hand, it's AS dog whistling.....

They only claim otherwise when caught or called out.

Unread 20-06-2019, 09:40 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Hmm. See my post above. Are you saying anti-Israel is anti-Semitic?

I’m interested to see where the lines are drawn. Are Jewish anti-zionists also anti-Semitic? Is this even possible?

Edit: this article is a good read, especially on the self-determination question that HOS says underpins all anti-zionist, anti-Semitic arguments

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...is-antisemitic

Unread 20-06-2019, 09:42 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Hmm. See my post above. Are you saying anti-Israel is anti-Semitic?

I’m interested to see where the lines are drawn. Are Jewish anti-zionists also anti-Semitic? Is this even possible?
Isn't there an Israel thread in the news section?

Unread 20-06-2019, 09:50 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

I don't think you understand properly HOS.

Being anti-zionist is not the same as being anti-semitic. Not in a million years.

Just because you want it to be the same so you can use it to silence all those loony lefties you dislike, it doesn't mean it is.
To be anti something you oppose what it stands for. The common thread of Zionism is Jewish self determination. Ergo if you are anti zionist (properly understood) you are anti jewish self determination. This is an anti semitic position.

I’ve already said that most people who use the term don’t understand its implications. You appear to be one of them.

Maybe find a new one that better describes the aims and isn’t open to an allegation that (mostly unfairly) undermines the position. People don’t give it a moments thought though. If they did it’s just one remove from being anti-jewish. It’s not the anti-semitic get out they think it is.

I’ve no reason to think you’re an anti semite. People who understand zionism (jews among them) will assume you are if you label yourself such. ‘Zionism’ doesnt just mean what you want it to mean. It’s as empty a term in the mouths of the left as ‘fascist’ is.

Unread 20-06-2019, 09:52 AM
signed dc

So anyway, that Mark Goldbridge eh?

Unread 20-06-2019, 09:58 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
So anyway, that Mark Goldbridge eh?
yeah the bloody (anti) zionistic Palestinian.

Unread 20-06-2019, 10:02 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerBuster

That's anti-semitic people using Zionism as a cover for their antisemitism, but that doesn't mean anti-Zionism is antisemitic.

I can say that I am anti-Zionist, because Zionism is being used by the conservative Israeli government to illegally push Palestinians off their own land, which they then take for themselves, as well as creating apartheid type conditions which Palestinians are forced to live in.

That is not anti-semitic in any way. It does not mention judasim and it does not question Isreals right to exist. The only connection Judaism has, is that the Isreal is a 'Jewish' country.

If I also added that 'zionists' control all the money and there's a worldwide 'zionist' conspiracy to control the world, and all the other bullshit - then yeah, that's some antisemitic shit and is very far removed from just being anti-zionist.

While it's important to call out antisemites, we can't just lump the two in together, because as Shenwen stated, that's a very reductive position to take.
Closed Thread