United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Rhodzy

Default Torres

Another blummin' hattrick, 18 in the league in his first season what a player.

Unread 05-03-2008, 11:50 PM
naes_sean

yes, but how would he play on a cold rainy night in England? oh wait....

Unread 05-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Whalefish

You (we) can't have everyone ffs.

Unread 05-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Mr_Ed

United play better when the goals are spread from all over... Sure Ronaldo is banging them in but he's a midfielder.

When we have a focal point for attacks (like Ruud) we don't tend to play as well. He's fine where he is.

Unread 05-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
United play better when the goals are spread from all over... Sure Ronaldo is banging them in but he's a midfielder.

When we have a focal point for attacks (like Ruud) we don't tend to play as well. He's fine where he is.

He's infinitely more adaptable than Ruud.

Class player, still can't believe he didn't join us.

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:01 AM
marlo stansfield

i honestly prefer tevez.

torres is good but if im going for that sort of striker id take adebayor or benzema over him.

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Whalefish

Wel if you believe what was in one of the zines Fergie decided he wasn't good enough.

Personally think Utd didn't have the cash. Certainly not the money Atletico wanted/got for him.

Anyhoo, Utd can't have everyone so I see little point getting pissed off about it everytime he puts one away. I suspect one or two will be on shortly though slating Tevez and saying Utd should have signed Torres. No need to mention names.

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Serenity Now

Very impressive. I thought he'd do well in English football, but I certainly didn't see him scoring close to the number of goals he has this season - even more so at a club as lacking in creativity as Liverpool.

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Rhodzy

Let's hope he does the same as Benni Mccarthy did, have a bad 2nd season.

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Let's hope he does the same as Benni Mccarthy did, have a bad 2nd season.
I think that's very unlikely. They'll get 4th spot anyways, in the CL and Rafa will do his pre Xmas tinkering again.

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Wel if you believe what was in one of the zines Fergie decided he wasn't good enough.

Personally think Utd didn't have the cash. Certainly not the money Atletico wanted/got for him.

Anyhoo, Utd can't have everyone so I see little point getting pissed off about it everytime he puts one away. I suspect one or two will be on shortly though slating Tevez and saying Utd should have signed Torres. No need to mention names.
i agree but i always thought he was a utd type player and although i'm happy with what we have as first choice i would have been happy with him too

exciting, quick, strong and all types of goals

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
i agree but i always thought he was a utd type player and although i'm happy with what we have as first choice i would have been happy with him too

exciting, quick, strong and all types of goals
Oh absolutely although I never thought he'd get the return he has in his first season. I just don't see the point in wishing for something that didn't happen and won't happen in the future. Life's far too short Billy.

And btw, just to clarify, my little dig in the earlier post wasn't aimed at you.

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:10 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Very impressive. I thought he'd do well in English football, but I certainly didn't see him scoring close to the number of goals he has this season - even more so at a club as lacking in creativity as Liverpool.
Helps when the opposition just role over for them. I swear West Ham only ever bother against us. Jellied eel eating @#%&!s

Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
And btw, just to clarify, my little dig in the earlier post wasn't aimed at you.
I knew it was about me

Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I knew it was about me
You bet your ass it was.

Seriously, no it wasn't.

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Helps when the opposition just role over for them. I swear West Ham only ever bother against us. Jellied eel eating @#%&!s

They beat them 1-0 not so long ago

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:30 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Yeh he was wonderful against us

He's got three hatricks this season (Reading, West Ham and Boro)

Only meaningful goal he has was against Chelsea, against the better defensive teams (Pompey, United, Arsenal, Inter) he aint done alot.

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:34 AM
The Watcher

Every goal in the League is meaningful

£#%&!ing quality player, but is wasting his talent at that shit hole. And he'll never win a League title either, the scouse @#%&!

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:37 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Yeh he was wonderful against us

He's got three hatricks this season (Reading, West Ham and Boro)

Only meaningful goal he has was against Chelsea, against the better defensive teams (Pompey, United, Arsenal, Inter) he aint done alot.
compare that to tevez...

Unread 06-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
compare that to tevez...
You mean no hattricks?
Closed Thread