United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: When should we excise this day tumor?
TONIGHT 23 39.66%
January 13 22.41%
I like him. 22 37.93%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:22 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I honestly can't believe how bad he is at times.

How can you have all the physical attributes to dominate every centre back in the league yet consistently get out battled, out fought and out thought by 90% of the ones you come across?

He should eat defenders. They should see him coming out of the tunnel to line up and shit themselves. He should boss every single challenge and every single header.

But christ almighty he's a fanny. A £#%&!ing half-hearted tosser. Getting out jumped for headers by players 6 inches smaller than him.

He better £#%&!ing get better quickly.
I'm genuinely starting to think the guy is actually flat footed, it would explain a lot of his shortcomings. The most out of his depth player, who came with a big billing, that I've seen since I don't know when. Said it at the time of his signing, he's nothing more then a very expensive benteke.

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Kangared

There are about 10 players that need shipping out before Lukaku even gets in the argument

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:28 PM
sa7

Constantly on the £#%&!ing balls of his feet today. Was never going to gain advantage from getting in front of any defenders to meet any crosses because the @#%&! was never ready to make a 5 yard burst into the area.

Absolute toss today. Plodded along like a lumbering Brontosaurus. Plus he’s a £#%&!ing crybaby.

Sort out your head, and sort out your feet, you GDP of a small republic costing £#%&!.

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:42 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
There are about 10 players that need shipping out before Lukaku even gets in the argument
But they are not nailed on starters who cost trillions that the team is dependent on producing most of the time, whereas he is.

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:50 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
But they are not nailed on starters who cost trillions that the team is dependent on producing most of the time, whereas he is.
So keep the cheap dross we have & sell the players who cost a lot ?
He was poor today, but he has 10 prem goals so far , not that bad. A goal every 2nd game is a more than satisfactory return for a striker. His link up play has been a lot better than I expected , he should have a lot more assists but for sloppy finishing . In a lot of games he has been starved of any quality service. Who else was available that would have done better ?

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's not half the player he was for Everton. The pressure of wearing the Utd shirt is weighing heavy on him and he looks like he's not up to it.

Some players find themselves on this stage, others shrink away from it and never recover.

Too many of the latter.
Problem is, he is.

Everton fans had the same problems

He just isn't a very good footballer..scores goals. That's it. We better get some service to him becusee he won't be turning his own form around and Jose won't sell

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:50 PM
dunk

I know a few Everton fans who thought he was shit tbh, even before we signed him.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Tiberian

Major difference between playing for Everton where teams will come out and have a go and in playing for a top club when they will sit and condense the space. He looks good when he has that space to run into, had an excellent match at Leicester with their high line and runners taking attention away.

Just lacks the technique when it is tight and even though he is very quick and powerful over distance his mass means it does not work as well in small spaces, can look sluggish and slow to react.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
As opposed to Rashers, not scoring goals & looking shit yet apparently he is the 2nd coming
He also deserves to get some criticism right now tbh, being a local lad shouldn't get you a free pass indefinitely.

Unread 27-12-2017, 12:18 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Major difference between playing for Everton where teams will come out and have a go and in playing for a top club when they will sit and condense the space. He looks good when he has that space to run into, had an excellent match at Leicester with their high line and runners taking attention away.

Just lacks the technique when it is tight and even though he is very quick and powerful over distance his mass means it does not work as well in small spaces, can look sluggish and slow to react.
All of which should/was apparent before we bought what is a good everton/west brom standard striker, but pitifully inadequate for the reasons highlighted. He's the Fellaine signing of 2017

Unread 27-12-2017, 12:25 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
All of which should/was apparent before we bought what is a good everton/west brom standard striker, but pitifully inadequate for the reasons highlighted. He's the Fellaine signing of 2017
Mou loves both

Lukaku could be seen as a stopgap. Mourinho wants to win now, and even though Lukaku was never likely to be good enough to mix it with the European elite he might have been enough for a push at the league title. City changed the equation though and he looks more and more like an expensive problem.

Unread 27-12-2017, 12:33 AM
sub three hours

There are people on this forum that are old enough to remember the likes of Ted Macdougall, Alan Brazil, Gary Birtles and Peter Davenport playing up front for us.

Romelu Lukaku is nowhere near in the same league of shiteness as those boys. Indeed given a chance I believe Lukaku will come good for us.

Unread 27-12-2017, 12:33 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Yep.

His signing is another nail in the coffin. A club which has lost isn’t identify.

None wouldn’t been nowhere near United under Ferguson, would love to know how he feels about those two.

The talk of quality of football won’t happen with such a limited striker up top.

Unread 27-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
There are people on this forum that are old enough to remember the likes of Ted Macdougall, Alan Brazil, Gary Birtles and Peter Davenport playing up front for us.

Romelu Lukaku is nowhere near in the same league of shiteness as those boys. Indeed given a chance I believe Lukaku will come good for us.
They were all shit footballers to watch and so is Lukaku

Unread 27-12-2017, 12:51 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

Harsh on Lukaku that, very harsh.

We're all frustrated after this last 7 or 8 days of football that we've had to endure and things are definitely not helped by the fact that the Berts are playing so well.

But as more rational minded posters are quite rightly pointing out, this United team are in a very different phase of their evolution compared to City.

I think the more reflective amongst us recognise that, after a year of David Moyes and two years under Louis van Gaal, we are in fact 'still' rebuilding after the Fergie era.

Unread 27-12-2017, 01:56 AM
Why Don?

Had no interest in him before he signed. I like strikers who can make goals out of nothing through their technical ability. He has very little.

I'm very confident he will never play for a title winning side in the prem.

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:09 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Far from convinced with Lukaku but at least he scores goals despite often being left to toil up top on his own. Those players weren’t just shit to watch, they produced £#%&! all.

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:49 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Depends who the agent was.
and if he was willing to accept £100 a week.

Unread 27-12-2017, 08:44 AM
Red Santos

Given his age (24) and potential I hope he is allowed more time from fans to adapt

People forget ANdy Cole took a couple of years (95-97) to settle in, fans were almost split on him in that time. Now he is considered a 'legend'........

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:07 AM
92ToBury

The supply of decent chances to the lad is what is lacking. Lingard, Rashford and Martial all seem to think that they’re still at school and them scoring is all that matters.
Closed Thread