Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-12-2017, 04:49 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
The 1-6 was horrific.....

Even though we left at 1-3
Likewise - worst derby match I’ve ever been to. Awful. Got home and locked myself in a cellar. But the balance of pleasure to pain is firmly in our favour still. Out of the ones I attended, 3-0 away in 85/6 (I think) was lovely, the 5-1 bad but also funny coz of the chaos we caused, the 3-2 at their place after (keane/Eric etc) and the 5-0 at our place. Wish I’d been at the rvp free kick one but I was at a kids party

Unread 08-12-2017, 04:50 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
The 1-6 was horrific.....

Even though we left at 1-3
I don't know why but that scouse game at home where torres scored 3 hurt more, I remember that noise as that last goal went in for them. Still haunts me.

Unread 08-12-2017, 05:04 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
I don't know why but that scouse game at home where torres scored 3 hurt more, I remember that noise as that last goal went in for them. Still haunts me.
Sure the bad feeling wasn’t who you drove home with?

Unread 08-12-2017, 05:43 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
A 17 year old Sammy McIlroy scoring in 3-3 draw
Lives in flixton afaik

Unread 08-12-2017, 06:18 PM
red in cumbria

In 2008 we had an excuse, all the pre-match hype got to the players. Three years later has no mitigation at all

Unread 08-12-2017, 06:28 PM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Lives in flixton afaik
He doesn't live with me, mate. I would have noticed for sure.

Unread 08-12-2017, 06:32 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Sure the bad feeling wasn’t who you drove home with?

Unread 08-12-2017, 10:13 PM
sa7

Quote:
I gooned like a mother £#%&!er, but quickly put a cap on it when I realised who scored..

#3-3

Unread 09-12-2017, 12:02 AM
shyteds

Best
The 2-3 - two down at half time, the giddy-o-meter was off the scale - the goon in the City side of kippax near the United seats in the North stand when our third went in was one of the all time best.

Worst
The 5-1 more than the 1-6 as that was totally unexpected- may have won it as we were well on top before the reds kicked off in the North Stand and the game was stopped. Only positive on the field once play resumed was Mark Hughes goal and still a load of reds going up in the North stand 😎😎

Unread 09-12-2017, 12:38 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Best- Kanchelskis hattrick

Worst- either the 6-1 or 4-1 under Moyes.
that 4-1 was genuinely a worse performance than the 6-1. at least after the 6-1, you felt that we had a chance of turning it around. after the 4-1, i felt like we were genuinely £#%&!ed. like, it was over.

best: the van persie free kick. after everything that occurred the previous season, it felt like justice. not only did we break their hearts, but also the hearts of the rest of the nation who were expecting/hoping us to get slaughtered.

also @#%&!ting them at ot in van gaal's first season was pretty . long, long overdue, and it took place when it looked like we were starting to click. of course, in retrospect, it meant nothing, but...

Unread 09-12-2017, 11:04 AM
barca99

Scholes at their place was pure 'scenes'

That season itself so many late winners?

4-1 (?) At their place was grim partly as i was hungover throwing up before the game #lad

Only seen us lose twice at theirs

OT not so many happy memories for games iv been to .. im going tomorrow so apologies in advance

Unread 09-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Sparky***

Incredible to think now that we went so long without one..

from 96 to 2000 wasn't it?

It's gonna sound like an odd one but one great memory is the 3-2 game at Maine Road in 1996. The most blatant penalty award i've ever seen for a foul on denis irwin, aside from the one we got in the 1994 fa cup final, then cole scuffed one in after a lovely 1-2 with cantona.... but the best was Giggsy smashing one in the top corner after Keith Curle pointing at him to shoot and nobody in the ground realising he'd scored.

Ah here she is. This to me is Manchester City, don't recognise that arab plaything as them any more. They're just a franchise.

Unread 09-12-2017, 05:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

It's gonna sound like an odd one but one great memory is the 3-2 game at Maine Road in 1996. The most blatant penalty award i've ever seen for a foul on denis irwin, aside from the one we got in the 1994 fa cup final, then cole scuffed one in after a lovely 1-2 with cantona.... but the best was Giggsy smashing one in the top corner after Keith Curle pointing at him to shoot and nobody in the ground realising he'd scored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujYfIXuEbv0

Ah here she is. This to me is Manchester City, don't recognise that arab plaything as them any more. They're just a franchise.
Cole's goal

Unread 09-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Buck

Thought we were going to get revenge on them for the 6-1. Valencia and Rooney combining for a playstation goal, Nani leaving Kompany for dead and then Welbeck hooking it in. Kompany's strop down the tunnel for seeing red....what a half.

Scholes's comeback was literally announced when the line ups came out and his name appeared with the subs. Proper wtf reaction. He made a mistake for their first goal but what a great game to make your return eh

After the game Kompany was talking about 'moral victory'

Unread 09-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnPGdK_gfHU

Thought we were going to get revenge on them for the 6-1. Valencia and Rooney combining for a playstation goal, Nani leaving Kompany for dead and then Welbeck hooking it in. Kompany's strop down the tunnel for seeing red....what a half.

Scholes's comeback was literally announced when the line ups came out and his name appeared with the subs. Proper wtf reaction. He made a mistake for their first goal but what a great game to make your return eh

that was a £#%&!ing joke that we were left hanging on against 10 men after being 3-0 up.

Unread 09-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujYfIXuEbv0

From the 5-1 in ‘89 to the 3-1 in ‘03 they didn’t beat us once, in the middle of 34 years of not beating us at OT.

Unread 09-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Stood with Darren fletcher in the away end.
Got a seat from that end, wrote the score on it and stand on it before each Derby....

Scholes’s return madness

Unread 09-12-2017, 06:22 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Best....tipping a city fan out of his wheelchair on the forecourt

Worst...geds half n half scarf
It wasn't a half and half, it was two scarfs stitched together, one wouldn't fit.

Unread 09-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Always remember a glorious chance for Welbeck right to half time to make it 4-0, he was at full stretch and missed it by an inch.

Unread 09-12-2017, 06:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
that was a £#%&!ing joke that we were left hanging on against 10 men after being 3-0 up.
Though the ref had quite a bit to do with that
Closed Thread