United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > MUFC Tickets and Travel
Closed Thread

Unread 04-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What a way to wrap up your testimonial 25 yard daisy cutter at the Stretford End. Delighted for him, there are few players more deserving tbh.

Giggs is probably still better than 80% of the PL btw.
Saddens me how he is perceived by the younger generation of Utd fans, talk as if his longevity was his main strength and he was overrated.

I miss Giggs on European nights, no-one, not even Ronaldo or Eric could exhilarate the crowd as he did.

Unread 04-06-2017, 10:36 PM
andyroo

Missed it earlier though I saw all the goals and stuff at the end.

Paddy

Unread 05-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Saddens me how he is perceived by the younger generation of Utd fans, talk as if his longevity was his main strength and he was overrated.

I miss Giggs on European nights, no-one, not even Ronaldo or Eric could exhilarate the crowd as he did.
Absolutely. My favourite ever United player by some distance. Same old story with long-serving, great players: completely taken for granted by the end.

Unread 05-06-2017, 01:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Missed it earlier though I saw all the goals and stuff at the end.

Paddy

https://twitter.com/SemperFiUnited/s...93666606280705

Just looking at some highlights and Pat Crerand remarking on how fit Evra looks. He does play for Marseille pal

Lovely strike from Cazza

Unread 05-06-2017, 09:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Should've added; Seedorf definitely is

Unread 05-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Sparky***

Saw bits of this

Rooney is an unmitigated disgrace isn't he

Unread 05-06-2017, 10:44 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Saw bits of this

He was FUMING when the penalty wasn't awarded. It's a testimonial ffs

Unread 05-06-2017, 12:00 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Saw bits of this

It was some achievement to look as past it as he did in that company.

Unread 05-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Saw bits of this

It was a bit embarrassing

He looked shit. Like he has done. Couldn't even relax and play well in a testimonial with all his mates. Retired 40 year olds genuinely looked better than him. And then he got all pissed off and humourless.

Ooh, he's so competitive. Even wants to win a friendly etc.

Unread 05-06-2017, 01:34 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Had to laugh when I seen the team sheets

Retired Players Select XI
John Terry (Capt)

We have to nominate a captain, who wants the arm band?

Well that will be me of course, stands to reason, I'm John Terry, Captain Lionheart......if Phil Nevilles getting it I'm going home, I'm the natural born leader here and facking no mistake etc etc

Unread 05-06-2017, 02:31 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

He looked shit. Like he has done. Couldn't even relax and play well in a testimonial with all his mates. Retired 40 year olds genuinely looked better than him. And then he got all pissed off and humourless.

Did you not see his assist for Carricks goal?

Up there with Swansea away nqat

Unread 05-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Last time he'll ever play for Utd so he was bound to be a bit pissed I suppose.

Unread 06-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Chorlton74

after the game, found it very random, if not a touch disturbing, that some fella came up to me with his mate/brother, outside the ground at the picture boards, insisting he have his photo taken with my 7 year old lad?

Unread 06-06-2017, 09:24 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
after the game, found it very random, if not a touch disturbing, that some fella came up to me with his mate/brother, outside the ground at the picture boards, insisting he have his photo taken with my 7 year old lad?
did you let him?

Unread 06-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Cream

Quote:
What on earth?

Unread 06-06-2017, 09:31 AM
sa7

Quote:
Is there a joke I'm missing here or something?

Unread 06-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
did you let him?
no chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
What on earth?
the bloke that asked me, he wasn't from the uk, if i had to guess, maybe algerian/moroccan. i dont know. i thought i might of misheard him at first as i said i didnt mind taking of picture of who he was with, but he was insistent it was with my lad. didn't want to kick off due to the fact of the weaponry the dibble were carrying. told them where to go and walked off. cue the why why why from my lad.

Unread 06-06-2017, 09:38 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
didn't want to kick off due to the fact of the weaponry the dibble were carrying

Unread 06-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Throw

Quote:
no chance.

the bloke that asked me, he wasn't from the uk, if i had to guess, maybe algerian/moroccan. i dont know. i thought i might of misheard him at first as i said i didnt mind taking of picture of who he was with, but he was insistent it was with my lad. didn't want to kick off due to the fact of the weaponry the dibble were carrying. told them where to go and walked off. cue the why why why from my lad.
"Wayne, can I have a picture of you and Kai"?

Unread 06-06-2017, 11:02 AM
believe

Quote:
Three Boys
Closed Thread