United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2016, 03:15 PM
dunk

He'll be aiming to buy about 6 cb's, loves a back 8 tbf to the lad.

Unread 25-05-2016, 03:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Nah, Woodward will still £#%&! everything up.
I'm assuming this is the correct answer until it is proven otherwise.

Unread 25-05-2016, 03:41 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Are you going to be like this all summer

Unread 25-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Sizlack

Quote:

In our most exciting 'moments' for many many years that's about as much negativity I can take. Hate to put you on ignore, really like ya and you speak sense imo but you keep putting me off my vinegar stoke. Your like that depressing robot from the Hitchhikers

Unread 25-05-2016, 03:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
In our most exciting 'moments' for many many years that's about as much negativity I can take. Hate to put you on ignore, really like ya and you speak sense imo but you keep putting me off my vinegar stoke. Your like that depressing robot from the Hitchhikers
Mission accomplished

Seriously though, just had a flashback to him sending out a Chelsea side with every CB they owned on the pitch and everyone on here ridiculing him..

Unread 25-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

Unread 25-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Alright Marvin, turn it in.

Unread 25-05-2016, 03:51 PM
dunk

I didn't say buying 6 CB's was a bad thing fwiw, might end up with a couple of decent ones if we buy that many..

Unread 25-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Mission accomplished

Seriously though, just had a flashback to him sending out a Chelsea side with every CB they owned on the pitch and everyone on here ridiculing him..
And scoring how many goals per season?

Unread 25-05-2016, 03:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Don't give a shit tbh.

Unread 25-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Don't give a shit tbh.
Just saying you're wrong if you're claiming he plays primarily defensive football. He plays defensive football in select big games.

Unread 25-05-2016, 04:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Just saying you're wrong if you're claiming he plays primarily defensive football. He plays defensive football in select big games.
I'm saying he picks CB's and plays them in every position when it suits him. And that we haven't got many, if any.

Unread 25-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Grimson

Quote:
I'm saying he picks CB's and plays them in every position when it suits him. And that we haven't got many, if any.
Then he won't do that, will he?

Unread 25-05-2016, 04:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Then he won't do that, will he?
Yes, after he's bought some

Unread 25-05-2016, 04:25 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
He's won trophies everywhere he has gone. Has the biggest reputation in Europe and most of his ex players love him.

If Benzema pops up in the transfer gossip, its surely a goer now with Mou in charge and astronomical wages
Absolutely.

LVG was just happy to have the job, he wouldn't push Woody hard.
Jose will.

Yes we will try to be as tight as possible with our initial offers but i'm sure Mourinho will let it be known if Woody is taking the piss getting the deal across the line ( LVG/Moyes both didn't seem to care )

Unread 25-05-2016, 04:32 PM
dunk

Intriguing to see Scars inside track on not only the relative mentalities of Woodward, LvG and Mourinho but The intimate details of their relative relationships and the dynamics of them.

Unread 25-05-2016, 04:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Didn't his Chelsea side score virtually the exact same amount of goals every season he was there, across both spells? Around 72, which is solid but unspectacular for most league winners. That's in keeping with his sides, I would say. Obviously it'll be enough for most United fans if he's winning the league.

I've never agreed that he's a strictley defensive coach. He's an arch pragmatist who will play the way he thinks will get him a result. That could mean very positive football, it could mean actively ruining the match. As a general rule though, he is more reactive than proactive.

I think his signings will tell us what kind of side he's planning for United, at least initially.

Unread 25-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
just had a flashback to him sending out a Chelsea side with every CB they owned on the pitch and everyone on here ridiculing him..
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...3&postcount=70

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...8&postcount=73

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=101

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Didn't his Chelsea side score virtually the exact same amount of goals every season he was there,
Misread that, then went to do some research, come back and realised i'd misread.

Anyway, in his 6 full seasons at Chelsea he outscored us 4 times, scored the same as us once, and scored fewer once.

Unread 25-05-2016, 04:54 PM
dunk

Negative, anti-football shithouse.

All hail the new Messiah..

Unread 25-05-2016, 04:56 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Didn't his Chelsea side score virtually the exact same amount of goals every season he was there, across both spells? Around 72, which is solid but unspectacular for most league winners. That's in keeping with his sides, I would say. Obviously it'll be enough for most United fans if he's winning the league.

I've never agreed that he's a strictley defensive coach. He's an arch pragmatist who will play the way he thinks will get him a result. That could mean very positive football, it could mean actively ruining the match. As a general rule though, he is more reactive than proactive.

I think his signings will tell us what kind of side he's planning for United, at least initially.
Yeah I don't think anyone would call Mourinho an attacking coach but he isn't a defensive one either
Basically he's a coach who likes a balance between attack and defence
That said after the last 2 seasons I'd take 72 goals for the next league season right now

It's not just purely goals that are entertaining but the speed and intensity with which you play
Take Tommy Doherty's teams in the 70s, known as one of the most exciting attacking sides in Utd's history but only scored 68 league goals in 42 games in the 75-76 season and 71 league goals in 42 games in the 76-77 season
Not particularly impressive numbers but it was how they played that made them such a memorable side

Anyway I think since he's now our manager we have to give Mou the benefit of the doubt on some of his past sides and judge him on what he does with us which is what most of us did with LvG
Closed Thread