United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That would make more sense

Hey, that's something you two have in common. Start of a love/hate relationship?

Unread 24-05-2016, 04:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

Hey, that's something you two have in common. Start of a love/hate relationship?
No.

I like Mata, just don't think he's right for United. As with Bebratov, I'd like to watch him form afar, at Spurs or something, just not for United.

I have no desire to ever see Mourinho.

Unread 24-05-2016, 05:39 PM
S/Side.Red

If Butt leaves

Shambles.

Unread 24-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If Butt leaves

Shambles.
Don't know why he'd leave tbh

Giggs: "Butty, they didn't give me the manager's job and a crown"
Butt: "Oh right....."
Giggs: "Come on, let's go. I know where we're not wanted."
Butt: "Ehhhh no"

Unread 24-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

very odd that so many united fans seem so jealous and bitter about the co92, especially giggs...

Unread 24-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
very odd that so many united fans seem so jealous and bitter about the co92, especially giggs...
Nah. I love Giggs the player, terrified of the idea he'd get the job here so soon is all
I like them all as players and most of them as people. I even don't mind Robbie Savage and Keith Gillespie

Unread 24-05-2016, 05:53 PM
dunk

Butt has been doing a good job and is highly regarded as far as I can tell. Joyce too..

Unread 24-05-2016, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Butt has been doing a good job and is highly regarded as far as I can tell. Joyce too..
Yes, it will be a genuine shame if Joyce goes. I think that Butt could be a good manager, too.

Unread 24-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Buck

If he had any loyalty to Van Gaal or even just some humility he'd quit and start afresh somewhere else.

Unread 24-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

If he had any loyalty to Van Gaal or even just some humility he'd quit and start afresh somewhere else.
What if he loves United and he keeps getting told the big job will be his at some point. He knows 6 dodgy months at somewhere like Blackburn could end all his hopes. He's been at United since he was 13/14 it can't be easy.

Unread 24-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:

ryan giggs and loyalty theres two words you dont often see in the same sentence

Unread 24-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Rumours of plenty of in fighting ... think blackburn want joyce for there managers job giggs not happy with being offered the u21s role and butt not happy although not sure why ... anyway its all fun and games
Sound like depression to me, he needs to see a doc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
ryan giggs and loyalty theres two words you dont often see in the same sentence
He could have gone to Italy many times for much more money.

Unread 24-05-2016, 08:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Why would he have loyalty to Van Gaal? They were put together through circumstance.

Have no problem with him staying now. He should have left last summer though if he resented the staff's ideas.

Unread 24-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
What if he loves United and he keeps getting told the big job will be his at some point. He knows 6 dodgy months at somewhere like Blackburn could end all his hopes. He's been at United since he was 13/14 it can't be easy.
By Fergie, Sir Bobby, Dwight Yorke, Erik Nevland etc. He probably goes through everyone on his contacts list asking them "could I be Utd manager one day?" and they all say yes just to keep their marriage going.

Woodward, Glazers loathe them as much as you can but realise these are business people. To keep the business successful they will go out for the best manager possible to lead the club. What they provide and do regards to players is a different aspect but manager I'm certain they will never buckle down to sentimental balls ever again after David "cut from the same cloth" Moyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Why would he have loyalty to Van Gaal? They were put together through circumstance.

Have no problem with him staying now. He should have left last summer though if he resented the staff's ideas.
Because a) he was part of LvG's team. If the rest went why not he? b) LvG supported his quest to be manager (successor) all throughout the last two years. It's not happening now. It wouldn't sit right after LvG was binned his number 2 is joining forces with the man who hunted his job for the last 6 months.

Unread 24-05-2016, 09:12 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Who is Joyce Butt Giggs? Have Nicky and Ryan adopted?
link ffs

Unread 24-05-2016, 09:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Because a) he was part of LvG's team. If the rest went why not he? b) LvG supported his quest to be manager (successor) all throughout the last two years. It's not happening now. It wouldn't sit right after LvG was binned his number 2 is joining forces with the man who hunted his job for the last 6 months.
Fair enough and I'd get rid tbh. But it's a big step to expect him to step away of his own accord.

I suspect he's been a somewhat detrimental influence for the previous regime. But he's not an LvG guy; there's no loyalty.

Unread 24-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

think giggs has come on a shedload under LVG and over the last 4 or 5 months, as the manager came a bit more towards united, giggs began to bounce off him a lot better. his one on one coaching has regularly been cited by the players as a positive in their development as well...

Unread 24-05-2016, 10:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
think giggs has come on a shedload under LVG and over the last 4 or 5 months, as the manager came a bit more towards united, giggs began to bounce off him a lot better. his one on one coaching has regularly been cited by the players as a positive in their development as well...
When and where? I've not seen or heard anything of this from anyone except you..

Unread 24-05-2016, 11:01 PM
£#%&! KFC

he's been offered the gig as Under-21 boss

Unread 24-05-2016, 11:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
he's been offered the gig as Under-21 boss
and should snap their hands off imo
Closed Thread