United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-05-2016, 11:55 AM
puressence

Default Louis Van Gaal Appreciation Thread

If your gonna ruin it £#%&! off. Greatman great in a majority of big games beating Liverpool home and away 2 years running stuffing city the cup run his £#%&! off media attitude and introducing kids back into the team there's a lot to be grateful for and the day he took on board the significant if Munich and appeared at the memorial will live with me forever. There's a club full of players if have binned before him. Hope you enjoy your days in the sun Louis. Thanks for the 2 years you gave us a rollercoaster yeah enjoyable hell yeah would I have changed anything. Bar Powell in the cl not a jot.

Unread 23-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
If your gonna ruin it £#%&! off. Greatman great in a majority of big games beating Liverpool home and away 2 years running stuffing city the cup run his £#%&! off media attitude and introducing kids back into the team there's a lot to be grateful for and the day he took on board the significant if Munich and appeared at the memorial will live with me forever. There's a club full of players if have binned before him. Hope you enjoy your days in the sun Louis. Thanks for the 2 years you gave us a rollercoaster yeah enjoyable hell yeah would I have changed anything. Bar Powell in the cl not a jot.

Unread 23-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Ashley's Grime

Pissed / hungover?

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Sizlack

Must admit I feel sorry for the big man, the senior players have let him down just like they did Moyes. Not many managers have had so much success in different countries, iam so happy he finished a winner, he deserves it.

Now I assume the players have finally got their choice in so NO EXCUSES onwards and upwards

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Baron

What I think of when we consider the last two seasons.

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Ethers

A top bloke, genuinely gutted to see him treated like this.

Ultimately his time will be seen as a failure, but he gave us some great moments, on and off the pitch. Oh, and an FA Cup.

£#%&! anyone who disagrees

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:01 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
WHAT a tribute, you've done him proud Pure

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Cream

3rd highest win rate of all Man Umanagers.

Above Sir Matt.

51%

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:07 PM
ZiggyStardust

From the giddy highs of that brilliant pre-season in the states to the mind numbing lows of this season it's certainly been some ride

Obviously some big positives like the cup win, 4-2 win over city and the 2-1 win over Liverpool as well as the emergence of Rashford and Martial

However I think his entire spell in charge can be summed up by one picture...

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:08 PM
armchair

Can go out with his head held high.

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Jethro

Genuinely gutted and I wish him all the best. Hope he has one last trip to Wings left in him.

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:10 PM
jem

risiculous methods, risiculous decisions, risiculous man. mildly entertaining press conferences.

glazers / woodward out!

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:13 PM
itisme_panaflex

It is down to him that it didn't work out. But I'm sure woodward's policy in the transfer market wouldn't/won't help any manager.
Still though, a thoroughly likable man who just couldn't meet the expectations. I'm glad he was manager. Was worth a shot.
Now time to move on.

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Above Sir Matt.

51%
Lame statistic

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Buck

I'll still follow Frans Hoek on twitter out of #respect.

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:16 PM
ryanMUFC

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Above Sir Matt.

51%

Fergies is just ridiculous

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:32 PM
TheFatGoth

Shame it didn't work out. Football was dull as £#%&! and some of his decisions bizarre but he at least seemed like the sort of manager we should be appointing, unlike his predecessor.

Enjoyed his pressers and that run of games we had the other season where it looked like it was starting to click...but ultimately it didn't. With one season left on his deal and a cup in the bag, it's the right time for him to go. I'll remember him fondly but not his football. Should rename a car park after him or something. nqat.

Jose was undisputedly the right choice two 3 years ago - his stock has fallen slightly since then, but I can't think of any other manager more suited at the mo, apart from maybe AVB. Worth it for the seething at Anfield, alone tbh.

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:35 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Ultimately his time will be seen as a failure, but he gave us some great moments, on and off the pitch. Oh, and an FA Cup.

Unread 23-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

And this
Closed Thread