United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Van Gaal's vision of football is more than entertaining enough to satisfy any tradition. Our inability to implement it sufficiently and quickly enough were the cause of his failure. But he wants to dominate the game with positional play and a high press and beat teams with quick football. Only parts of that he was able to put into practise.

Many reasons for that, but for me it shouldn't mean the vision is abandoned. It's the right one for United and , frustratingly, I reckon we will end up there one day. I think we were closer than people think and with the right appointment this summer and the correct players, I'm quite sure we may have seen the results next year.
You've been going on about Mourinho being van Gaal's coaching disciple all season

Coracao's hit the nail on the head anyway. It didn't really work out with LVG - try something else.

Unread 24-05-2016, 08:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
You've been going on about Mourinho being van Gaal's coaching disciple all season

Coracao's hit the nail on the head anyway. It didn't really work out with LVG - try something else.
No, I'd never put it like that. He obviously was taught about football and coaching by Van Gaal, but that doesn't mean he interprets it all in the same way. He carries on many of his basic principles, and even apparently uses lots of his terminology, which should amuse the players. But the way he builds, the profile of player he likes and the way his teams play etc are all in stark contrast to each other.

Second part ignores the point anyway, but don't worry my enthusiasm is finally waning

Unread 24-05-2016, 09:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Let it go Dunk. Let the hate go.
This season has been hell hating Van Gaal.

Just try to ignore Mourinho's past & judge him by how he does here.

Hating every word he says, every presser, every negative result etc will ruin football for you.

If it helps, Wenger, Arsenal fans, Liverpool fans and pep's City now hate our manager again
They hate him for the wrong reasons. They don't hate him because of his success here, they hate him because he's a despicable bastard.

Unread 24-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They hate him for the wrong reasons. They don't hate him because of his success here, they hate him because he's a despicable bastard.
They fear him....

It's football balance...

Scars right...gotta get behind him.

Unread 24-05-2016, 09:38 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
They fear him....

It's football balance...

Unread 24-05-2016, 09:44 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
They fear him....

It's football balance...

COS?

You propose and I'll second bunks

I'm sure van gaal didn't get long enough for some but most on here didn't turn on him until mid way through this season. Surely mou deserves as long?

Unread 24-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Cream

Mourinho's sound. Funny guy and a bit of a diva/#@&%!.

It's not like he was ever the mortal enemy of Freg - like Wenger once was. Honestly don't see what all the fuss was about with the Chelsea doctor thing either.

Reckon it will be a lot of fun.

Unread 24-05-2016, 10:22 PM
saffers

as

Unread 24-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Mourinho's sound. Funny guy and a bit of a diva/#@&%!.

It's not like he was ever the mortal enemy of Freg - like Wenger once was. Honestly don't see what all the fuss was about with the Chelsea doctor thing either.

Reckon it will be a lot of fun.
agree with that - wtf was she thinking of the silly @#%&!.

no denying he handled it like a total #@&%! though and should have apologised and turned on the charm...

Unread 27-05-2016, 09:44 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Haven't been to see us play live for a good few years now (so no top red status claimed from this end and I can't comment on the attitude/reaction from the fans to Mou's more recent visits to OT). But, I vividly remember many years ago (2005 to be precise) when Chelsea, as reigning champions, came to play us on the back of a 40 match unbeaten run.

The atmosphere inside the stadium was absolutely £#%&!ing magical that day, electric is probably the closest adjective to describe it, still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up thinking about it. In part, of course, this was due to the importance of ending another rivals win streak and trying to motivate the team, early on in the season (start of November) to claw back into a 13 point gap between us and Chelsea, who were at the top of the table again. Reasons enough to get the crowd in the mood.

But I honestly think another reason, equal if not greater than those mentioned, was the man who so often stood up from the opposition's bench, to rally his players and give an occasional response to the crowd. Jose Mourinho may have played the part of a pantomime villain that day, who knows, but he absolutely loved it. Responding to the 'Matalan coat wearing' chants with a touch of humour (gesturing to the crowd as if to say 'yes, and so what') and looking on in awe, at times, as we booed and booed again for a period of about 5 minutes. I'd never heard anything quite like it, (perhaps only in Istanbul) and I don't think Mourinho had either. I would argue that he was the catalyst for the atmosphere, if not due to his personality then certainly because of the winning team he was orchestrating (in reality, I'd say it was a combination of both).

Without rabbiting on further, it must have been obvious to him on that day, that there is nowhere else in English football quite as special as Old Trafford. There were numerous times during the match when our hallowed stadium became his stage: he revelled in the attention, responded, and the crowd in turn responded back. The result was the magical atmosphere, which in turn must have had a huge effect on the players. Yes, he does have a massive ego and his character doesn't sit comfortably with everyone, but so what? Did Eric's? What about Ronaldo's? His track record speaks for itself (this season not included - a blip in a truly illustrious career). But more than anything else, in my opinion, is the fact that he can and will get Old Trafford rocking again. He will get off his seat. He will rile the opponents. He will have his banter with the crowd and we should love every minute of it.

On November 5th, 2005, he was a house guest at the Theatre of Dreams. It's time to make this stage his own.

x
"To become Manchester United manager is a special honour in the game. It is a club known and admired throughout the world. There is a mystique and a romance about it which no other club can match.

"I have always felt an affinity with Old Trafford; it has hosted some important memories for me in my career and I have always enjoyed a rapport with the United fans. I’m looking forward to being their manager and enjoying their magnificent support in the coming years."
Closed Thread