Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
glad
Yep that as well.

Unread 03-07-2014, 12:21 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Tim Howard's had a decent career. Or at least one great game.

Taibi too, believe it or not, did alright too.
Ricardo? Did alright at Osasuna?

Diouf's another, recently moved to Stoke after half decent spell in Germany

Unread 03-07-2014, 12:26 AM
S/Side.Red

Kleberson was back in the Brazil squad for 2010.

Unread 03-07-2014, 12:28 AM
armchair

lots of players had careers after United but I can't think of any did better after being rejected. Obviously Ronaldo did but he was hardly kicked out.

Pob had a decent career aka found his level post United.

Unread 03-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
The right move, for both the player & the club.

Feel sorry for him actually, hopefully he gets a decent move because according to recent UWS he's well liked at United & hardly his fault he was a panic buy

£#%&! off fellaini.

Soon it will be almost like the Moyes era didn't happen.

To think Ferguson resorted us to Moyes. Still can't believe it. Actually, I can.

"that man" Jock @#%&!.

Unread 03-07-2014, 12:35 AM
Ashley's Grime

It must be said, all credit to the Gimps for sacking Gollum.

Unread 03-07-2014, 05:13 AM
believe

You've got to have some sympathy for the lad. Offered the chance to play for the biggest club in England and then told by the person who bought you, that you was never really his first option. Then thrown in to the sea of shit that was United's squad last season and expected to do wonders, despite never having the talent to do so.

Any way, I'm sure the millions he's made and the fact that he'll probably get another decent packet to move will soften the blow for him.

Unread 03-07-2014, 05:20 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
lots of players had careers after United but I can't think of any did better after being rejected. Obviously Ronaldo did but he was hardly kicked out.

Pob had a decent career aka found his level post United.
Paul McGrath

Unread 03-07-2014, 05:23 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Paul McGrath
He didn't really bomb though did he? Just liked a drink or thirty. My dad actually wrote a letter to Fergie when he sold him, he was seething that much, even got a reply back off the big man himself. True story.

Unread 03-07-2014, 05:26 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
He didn't really bomb though did he? Just liked a drink or thirty. My dad actually wrote a letter to Fergie when he sold him, he was seething that much, even got a reply back off the big man himself. True story.
The question was about players who went on to have better careers after being REJECTED by United, not having bombed.

Quote:
lots of players had careers after United but I can't think of any did better after being rejected.

Unread 03-07-2014, 05:29 AM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
The question was about players who went on to have better careers after being REJECTED by United, not having bombed.
Stam
Beckham

Unread 03-07-2014, 05:30 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Stam
Beckham

Unread 03-07-2014, 05:32 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Stam
Beckham
Naah, Stam continued playing at the top level but his peak years were undoubtedly at OT...he didn't improve after leaving.

Ditto Beckham.

Poborsky or Forlan I'd give you.

Unread 03-07-2014, 05:35 AM
believe

Rossi or Forlan are the only two that spring to mind but I'm sure there are more. "Everything is downhill after United" is a myth akin to "We never sack managers."

Unread 03-07-2014, 05:46 AM
Stickman

Pique

Arguably - Phil Neville

Unread 03-07-2014, 06:00 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Pique

Arguably - Phil Neville
Went from winning fourteen trophies including six premier league titles and a European Cup to captaining Everton?

Unread 03-07-2014, 06:53 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Just look at that image!....It's like a second rate teacher and one of his students, on a school trip to the museum or something.

£#%&!ing £#%&!ers the pair of em
Just look a Moyes there.

"Right Felli, we're at a big club now lets try and look like we belong here."

What a £#%&! up it was, wonder if Fergal has apologised.

Unread 03-07-2014, 06:54 AM
Manutd1999

Unread 03-07-2014, 07:18 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Went from winning fourteen trophies including six premier league titles and a European Cup to captaining Everton?
I think you could argue he was at least as good if not a better player after he moved on.

Unread 03-07-2014, 07:24 AM
teflon_terry

Let's just hope Moyes finds a club soon.
Closed Thread