Nowhere near it!

£#%&! I love United.

Unread 14-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Default Re: Your favourite United moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
YouTube - Cristiano Ronaldo vs Chelsea goals 1-0 2008

Going 1 - 0 up in a european cup final. Such a different feeling, of course everyones experienced last minute winners on way to finals, and in a final but seeing united go 1-0 up in a european cup final, ive never seen it. I never expected it for some wierd reason, so when it did happen, I felt like i'd been dropped from the about 100ft up so my stomach ended up in my mouth and it was possibly the happiest feeling (not relief and a combination of feelings.. when last minute winners go in) ive ever had seeing a ball settle in the back of the net. Wierd feeling but i'd give anything to get it again.

the last time I had a few drinks at home on my own, couple of months back, decided to watch the entire final for the first time since the night. made me all teary . £#%&!ing magical.

Unread 14-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Sparky***

I've literally never felt as high as i did after moscow 08. We came closer to losing that game than in Barcelona 1999 as well. the awful gut wrenching tension and the explosion of joy after edwin's save.

Then they put 'rule the world' by take that on the final credits on sky and i started crying.

I was buzzing for days.

Unread 14-09-2010, 05:05 PM
ReligiousRed

Im not sitting on the fence here but I really do have too many to say just a single one.

My first game I remember against QPR when seamen was in goal for them 88 or 89 I think

1994 Fa Cup final, my first cup final and the Eric pens

the Arsenal semi 99 giggs goal.

Barca 99

the fa cup 2 v 1 against vermin 99

van der sar penalty save moscow

Steve Bruce headers against Sheff Wed

Having watched Italian football as a kid, to go to the san siro and see us do Milan last year after what happened to me and my old man the year before was very special

Too many really, ......£#%&!ing love united

Unread 14-09-2010, 05:05 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I've literally never felt as high as i did after moscow 08. We came closer to losing that game than in Barcelona 1999 as well. the awful gut wrenching tension and the explosion of joy after edwin's save.

Then they put 'rule the world' by take that on the final credits on sky and i started crying.

I was buzzing for days.

Unread 14-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed

Having watched Italian football as a kid, to go to the san siro and see us do Milan last year after what happened to me and my old man the year before was very special

that was unreal that for me as well. and not just because that norweigan bird asked if you'd still £#%&! her if she took a piss in the concourse ....

Unread 14-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

Going 1 - 0 up in a european cup final. Such a different feeling, of course everyones experienced last minute winners on way to finals, and in a final but seeing united go 1-0 up in a european cup final, ive never seen it. I never expected it for some wierd reason, so when it did happen, I felt like i'd been dropped from the about 100ft up so my stomach ended up in my mouth and it was possibly the happiest feeling (not relief and a combination of feelings.. when last minute winners go in) ive ever had seeing a ball settle in the back of the net. Wierd feeling but i'd give anything to get it again.
call me.

Unread 14-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Zorg

Mr. Mistry

Unread 14-09-2010, 06:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
Im not sitting on the fence here but I really do have too many to say just a single one.

My first game I remember against QPR when seamen was in goal for them 88 or 89 I think

1994 Fa Cup final, my first cup final and the Eric pens

the Arsenal semi 99 giggs goal.

Barca 99

the fa cup 2 v 1 against vermin 99
van der sar penalty save moscow

Steve Bruce headers against Sheff Wed

Too many really, ......£#%&!ing love united
Pleased somebody has mentioned that. After all, THAT goal wouldn't have happened without it. Nor would that "moment of magic" in Barcelona been as special as it was

But for me, even now it is eclipsed by the 97th (??) minute v Sheff Wed in 1993. When we had finished leaping around the room, my old man said simply "we're going to win it now" and I agreed. Like many other United fans, we hadn't dared to believe until that point - so crushing had the disappointment of the end of the previous campaign been

Unread 14-09-2010, 06:10 PM
no fun

I have been present for many great moments.....bestie v sheff utd, barca 84, scholes v barca, rotterdam 91, palace away when we knew we had it won 93, but nothing comes close to gedthemull chasing that car outside macaris....honoured to be present

Unread 14-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Switching Off

Filling the 88/89 panini album with Big Norm. Straight swap for Sparky

Unread 14-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Argentina

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Cantona 96.

Unread 14-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Shooter McGavin

Apart from the obvious & the 3-1 v vermin in '89 it's the 1-0 at forest facup 1990

If we didn't win that game bye bye Fergie...

Unread 14-09-2010, 06:35 PM
suedeshoes

10 years old walking through a square in Rotterdam in my United shirt following a pre-season defeat to Feyenoord. I was getting grief from a group of their top boys (They were easy 14). I reached the street I was walking down when I turned and shouted 'Feyenoord are shit' at the top of me voice. Stood me ground but none of came for me. (If my balls had dropped they might actually have heard me and given chase tbf).

That and the FA cup semi replay at Villa park in 99 which remains the best game I've ever seen (and the site of my last pitch invasion (excluding the non-leagues)).

Unread 14-09-2010, 06:38 PM
forzagarza

When Ferguson got shadow boxed in the groin

Unread 14-09-2010, 06:47 PM
djsst

Unread 14-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Pop

Thumbs up Re: Your favourite United moment

Roy Keane destroys the myth that is Patrick Vieira

Unread 14-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Shooter McGavin

3-2 at Juve '99

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:48 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
that was unreal that for me as well. and not just because that norweigan bird asked if you'd still £#%&! her if she took a piss in the concourse ....

That trip had everything .... Im still a NWAF man BUT I would have still done her if she took a shit tbh

3 v 2 in your san siro

Rossobianchi song too

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Menace

Apart from the obvious Nou Camp '99, Moscow '08 etc. I remember going absolutely mental when Mark Hughes got the equalizer against Oldham in the 1994 FA Cup.

Kept our hopes of the Double alive.

Closed Thread