United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:06 AM
elephantstone

Default Re: Champions league thread

The semi win gave us the momentum to finish of the season in winning style. I just thought when Giggs got the ball he was going to score, he just kept going and going and bang! I just wish I got on the pitch at the end but i was so far up the stand.

I know this is bad form but I took my neighbour who had never been to a game before as he offered to drive and he said he never wants to go to another game after that, he says it still gives him goosebumps.

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:06 AM
elephantstone

Default Re: Team v Glasgow Royalists - The Official Thread

Neville will play

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:08 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Neville will play
bit misleading that, you mean he'll waddle around like the shit tached @#%&! he is?

personally dont care about the team as long as berbs and rooney start, and destroy the sweaty @#%&!s

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Team v Glasgow Royalists - The Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Rafael is suspended isn't he?
Is he. £#%&!.

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:09 AM
MUFC One Love

With the depth of our squad, all top young players, I'll struggle to pick an 11 tbh.

Imagine if a squad player full back got a game in midfield ahead of one of our 'top youngsters' (who is 22-23, Gibson)

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
bit misleading that, you mean he'll waddle around like the shit tached @#%&! he is?

personally dont care about the team as long as berbs and rooney start, and destroy the sweaty @#%&!s
rangers best player is that young winger they loaned from siddy, Weiss, he's very quick and plays on the left. I don't want gary Nev anywhere near him, which I suppose if he plays he won't be.

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

No team thread for this game i see. Will Sparky's game thread go the same way?

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:12 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
No team thread for this game i see. Will Sparky's game thread go the same way?
he might be working nights so maybe start one ??

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
That footage still makes the hairs stand up, the type of game and occasion that just bonds teams and fans together. That group of players will always have that transcendent moment in common and the fans in the ground share much of the same euphoria. I am jealous of both groups, was listening to the game on a radio, unthinkable now, the tension of waiting for the commentator and crowd reaction to be able to understand what was going on was unbearable.

Giggs will always have that moment, will still be shown 100 years from now when greatest goals are listed, immortality in popular culture and the hearts and minds of an entire sports fan base, the intoxicating allure of sport.
Was at work myself, listening to it on the radio, as Giggsy scored me and this lad were listening to it, seemed to last forever that run, then we went mental. Had my dad recording it for me and when I got in from work he had just left me a note saying "Watch it all from the start"

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
he might be working nights so maybe start one ??
Won't it just get merged?

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:15 AM
elephantstone

nah Sparky will be here to do it. Its the only way he gets his anger out

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
nah Sparky will be here to do it. Its the only way he gets his anger out
Still might get merged.

he's fantastic on those threads.

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:20 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Still might get merged.

he's fantastic on those threads.
I don't know how Sparky and co do it, when I watch United I want to watch it and enjoy it, I'll occasionally pop on at half time but that's it. Some people sit posting everything as it happens.

Unread 14-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Was at work myself, listening to it on the radio, as Giggsy scored me and this lad were listening to it, seemed to last forever that run, then we went mental. Had my dad recording it for me and when I got in from work he had just left me a note saying "Watch it all from the start"
I think it was Alan Green commentating at the time, a divisive fellow at the best of times but he actually did a good job of creating the scene, even a miserable lump like he was caught up in it. Inversely when Cole scored that wonderful goal at the Nou Camp he talked about it as if it was a run of the mill event.

It was one of those games where the next day I had to read all the papers, standing in an Easons' getting suspicious looks from the staff as i rifled through the entire collection. Walked around the whole day feeling so positive and inspired because of it.

It is not the money that should draw young players to the game, it is the opportunity to create a legend, to give people moments like Utd continually did that season, very little can beat it. Much like great art really, in whatever form, music, literature.

Unread 14-09-2010, 10:46 AM
red @rmy

Rooney and Rio to start tonight.
Can see this being 4-0 tbh.

Unread 14-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Rooney and Rio to start tonight.
Can see this being 4-0 tbh.
Really hope so. There's a Rangers 'fan' in our work and he wont shut up about how they're going to beat us.

I really hate Rangers (and Celtic tbh). Behind only the massives, dippers, scum and the arse in the list of teams I hate.

Unread 14-09-2010, 11:07 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I don't know how Sparky and co do it, when I watch United I want to watch it and enjoy it, I'll occasionally pop on at half time but that's it. Some people sit posting everything as it happens.
i can't multi task so i'll only post at half time as well, if ever plus i haven't got sky sports so i'm never at home during the games anyway

Unread 14-09-2010, 11:10 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
It's the best match between two British teams I've ever seen. I still rate that Arsenal side as the toughest opponents we've face in the League during my life time.
Yep, agree on both counts

I wonder if that is why Wenger is such a bitter bastard. He knows that it would have been *his* team winning the £#%&!ing lot - but for a certain A C Ferguson

Unread 14-09-2010, 11:12 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

probably the best match i've ever watched as well remember it like it was yesterday

Unread 14-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Baron

back to the CL...

Don't wanna sounds proper but '98/'99 we started at home to Barca & drew 3-3 with Giggs, Scholes (Yorke's overhead ) & Beckham all scoring, seems a £#%&! load more than 12 years ago that!

Closed Thread