United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-01-2018, 02:23 PM
believe

Need here reporting he’s going to PSG in swap deal for Neymar.

Unread 14-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Need here reporting he’s going to PSG in swap deal for Neymar.
It's really hard to imagine his ego will allow that.

We're talking about a bloke who framed a contract offer from City and put it on his wall.

Unread 14-01-2018, 04:29 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's really hard to imagine his ego will allow that.

We're talking about a bloke who framed a contract offer from City and put it on his wall.
He what?

Unread 18-03-2018, 01:18 PM
Pop

Modest and humble as ever in a recent interview

In the beginning I was dreaming to be best player in the world. I don't see many people with my talent, my dedication, my work, my ethic of football. No-one is going to be compared with me, no-one is going to be Cristiano Ronaldo.

Unread 18-03-2018, 01:25 PM
Neo

I think in hindsight, maybe 10-20 years, he'll be regarded by most as the best player of his generation, and potentially of all-time.

In the current day it seems rightfully difficult to split him and Messi, but I reckon in the future people will place a lot more weight on the fact he's achieved so much for separate clubs in separate leagues, and also achieved international glory.

Clearly if Messi wins a World Cup it changes things, but as things stand, Ronaldo's achievements are more impressive IMO. His dominance of the Champion's League has just been ridiculous.

Unread 18-03-2018, 01:37 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He walks the walk though, so he gets away with it. Some of our lot live on social media on the back of three good performances in a year.
yep - big gob but backs it up all the time.

Unread 18-03-2018, 09:22 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 18-03-2018, 09:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I think in hindsight, maybe 10-20 years, he'll be regarded by most as the best player of his generation, and potentially of all-time.

In the current day it seems rightfully difficult to split him and Messi, but I reckon in the future people will place a lot more weight on the fact he's achieved so much for separate clubs in separate leagues, and also achieved international glory.

Clearly if Messi wins a World Cup it changes things, but as things stand, Ronaldo's achievements are more impressive IMO. His dominance of the Champion's League has just been ridiculous.
Messi definitely doesn’t beat him on paper. It’s the magic of watching him that Ronnie can’t match. Whether that myth lives on who knows. In the future people may look back to the hard stats.

Unread 18-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Red Al

It's just a pity he was always Madrid bound but it was better to have had him for 6 years than not at all.

Unread 18-03-2018, 10:35 PM
dunk

150 goals from 50 games

Unread 18-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Messi definitely doesn’t beat him on paper. It’s the magic of watching him that Ronnie can’t match. Whether that myth lives on who knows. In the future people may look back to the hard stats.
Messi is the artisan. Ronaldo is the relentless Terminator. He will not stop, ever. Etc.

You'd rather watch Messi, you'd rather have Ronaldo in your team.

Would take him at 40, never mind now.

Unread 18-03-2018, 11:23 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
150 goals from 50 games
What

Unread 18-03-2018, 11:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
What
He scored 150 of his goals in 50 of his games. 50 hat tricks.

Probably more tbf, had a few 4’s and 5’s in that I’d imagine.

Unread 18-03-2018, 11:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Messi is the artisan. Ronaldo is the relentless Terminator. He will not stop, ever. Etc.

You'd rather watch Messi, you'd rather have Ronaldo in your team.

Would take him at 40, never mind now.
I'd probably still go for Messi as I think he brings out more in teammates and to his side's general play. But the argument about Ronaldo having done it in two countries and for two huge clubs is a strong one. The international thing feels less convincing; Ronaldo didn't play very well for Portugal in 2016 and missed most of the final. Messi has dragged Argentina to finals and lost by the narrowest of margins.

Unread 19-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Clarkie

Personally still think Ronaldinho is the best/most exciting player I've seen but, Messi and Ronaldo are just nonsense.

The body faints from Messi against Chelsea and his 2nd goal, I thought his 2nd touch took it away from him but, £#%&! me...

Ronaldo, to me is equally as good. He's not the playmaker of the team but, my God!! Give him the ball, there is only place it's going.

Utter nonsesne

Unread 19-03-2018, 12:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Personally still think Ronaldinho is the best/most exciting player I've seen
That goes for me too.

Unread 19-03-2018, 01:04 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That goes for me too.
Actually tuning in just to watch a player, who doesn't play for us, on a Saturday night....

No one has ever had that effect on me...What a player!

Unread 19-03-2018, 01:09 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That goes for me too.
Paul Konchesky for me

Unread 19-03-2018, 03:34 PM
92ToBury

I’d have Ronaldo back in a heartbeat. The denial and shite that would eminate from the Emptyhad would be hilarious.

Unread 19-03-2018, 07:11 PM
TheFatGoth

Closed Thread