United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2010, 11:18 AM
red in cumbria

Default Re: Your favourite United moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yes, I was behind the goal with my girlfriend of the time and we ended up about three rows apart from each other after the pandemonium had died down

That TV presenter's hair though
Rob Bonnet, no less. Whatever happened to him??

Unread 15-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
YouTube - Cristiano Ronaldo vs Chelsea goals 1-0 2008

Going 1 - 0 up in a european cup final. Such a different feeling, of course everyones experienced last minute winners on way to finals, and in a final but seeing united go 1-0 up in a european cup final, ive never seen it. I never expected it for some wierd reason, so when it did happen, I felt like i'd been dropped from the about 100ft up so my stomach ended up in my mouth and it was possibly the happiest feeling (not relief and a combination of feelings.. when last minute winners go in) ive ever had seeing a ball settle in the back of the net. Wierd feeling but i'd give anything to get it again.

Mental, just mental it was in our end. We were all over the row behind, we were about 15 rows from front and I looked behind while celebrating, the goonage was like nothing ive ever seen. Im so £#%&!ing glad I credit carded that trip

Will never forget me and my mate jumping up and down going £#%&!ing batshit when VDS saved the pen, arm round each other, £#%&!ing hugging random guys around us and everything. When Anelka stepped forward from the half way line I turned to him and said 'this is a miss, he's gonna miss!' Football, bloody hell.

Unread 15-09-2010, 12:51 PM
believe

Quote:
Mr. Mistry
that was a great day tbf

my most vivid memory was after the middlsborough semi in 92. I was only 13 and remember having to climb over a wall to get to where we parked at the back of united road. when i was on top of the wall united road was full of people swinging scarves singing que sera. brilliant moment.

Unread 15-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Buckwheat

Quote:
Yes, I was behind the goal with my girlfriend of the time and we ended up about three rows apart from each other after the pandemonium had died down

That TV presenter's hair though
One of the very few times I've ever seen my old man go mental over a goal, he's normally the calmest man in the room / pub / stadium but he went £#%&!ing nuts.

Unread 15-09-2010, 12:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat
One of the very few times I've ever seen my old man go mental over a goal, he's normally the calmest man in the room / pub / stadium but he went £#%&!ing nuts.
I admit I had switched the TV off in disgust after Oldham scored

It shouldn't be forgotten that we were utter, utter dogshit that day until the 120th minute!

Unread 15-09-2010, 01:05 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Your favourite United moment

History & Stickamn, I know exactly what you mean. When Ronnie’s goal went in, it was a completely different feeling to Ole in 99 or a Kiko/Owen type late winner. Just pure ecstasy, a perfect moment in fact. Wonderful.

When VDS saved Anelka’s penalty, I jumped on to my seat as blokes went flying past Just stood there watching the players and then our fans go completely barmy, epic goonage all round. I was determined to savour the moment and commit it to memory...then I joined in the mass hysteria!

I’ll never forget it, best moment of life, never mind United. I’d always dreamed of seeing United win the European Cup, to finally do so was just £#%&!ing brilliant
Closed Thread