United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Just say, I lived in South West London for a few years...
Ah Wimbledon

Unread 24-02-2018, 09:34 PM
andyroo

Obviously one of the Loony Gang

Unread 24-02-2018, 09:35 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

U14 Manager - champions! Get in!

Unread 24-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ince, Pallister, Sharpe and Irwin didn’t make it? Whatever. I was there, and aside from a small pocket of fans, it always felt like it was moving in the right direction. I feel the opposite with Morinho. And again, the situations are not comparable. The status of the club was such that Ferguson faced far, far greater challenges.
I'm not anti-Mou and he may well come good where it counts (League and CL), but you make a good point. When we lost the league to Leeds everyone was gutted, but the sussed United fans knew it was coming - no one called for Fergie's head at the end of that season.

Unread 24-02-2018, 09:42 PM
dunk

There was frustration in 89-90, nqat, the summer signings and demolition of Arsenal first day raised expectations to stratospheric levels, the team was far from settled though, so the resulting season of up and down performances was hugely disappointing and frustrating.

Unread 24-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Career mode?

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Surely we're due one aren't we?

I know we won't set out to win the game. I know our midfielders will be instructed to stay inside our own half at all times & I know it'll be unwatchable garbage ...but surely we're due a good result & a winning goal to buzz off??

When was the last decent goon? ..genuine question.
Arsenal away in early Dec?

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:04 PM
puressence

See shaw Bailly pogba and rashers back tomorrow freshen it up 2-0

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

I know we won't set out to win the game. I know our midfielders will be instructed to stay inside our own half at all times & I know it'll be unwatchable garbage ...but surely we're due a good result & a winning goal to buzz off??

We need a lift

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:38 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We need a lift
Too true.

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We need a lift
Where to?

Unread 24-02-2018, 10:58 PM
Buck

Lingard will score

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:08 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

This instructed bit... I never played football beyond £#%&!ing about with mates so have no clue, but are professional players really "instructed" to play within such strict guidelines? surely you play a game as it evolves, its instinctive not scripted surely?

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:13 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Mourinho is still having to field half a team that got the last 2 managers sacked,
And whose £#%&!ing fault is that?

The @#%&! CHOOSES to keep playing the two failed #@&%! wingers at full back. He CHOOSES to stick with @#%&!beard Smalling over his own signing. He CHOOSES to £#%&! about with our dynamic young centre forwards to accommodate his own lumbering oaf.

He’s had a shit tonne of money and four transfer windows. If he is still regularly playing the shit@#%&!s who were here under previous managers then that’s his own fault now.

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:22 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
And whose £#%&!ing fault is that?

The @#%&! CHOOSES to keep playing the two failed #@&%! wingers at full back. He CHOOSES to stick with @#%&!beard Smalling over his own signing. He CHOOSES to £#%&! about with our dynamic young centre forwards to accommodate his own lumbering oaf.

He’s had a shit tonne of money and four transfer windows. If he is still regularly playing the shit@#%&!s who were here under previous managers then that’s his own fault now.
loving the old school tonne other than that, bob on pal

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:25 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ince, Pallister, Sharpe and Irwin didn’t make it? Whatever. I was there, and aside from a small pocket of fans, it always felt like it was moving in the right direction. I feel the opposite with Morinho. And again, the situations are not comparable. The status of the club was such that Ferguson faced far, far greater challenges.
Think he means the fledglings tbf and they didn’t. There weren’t transfer “windows” then, which made it much easier and as well as Robson, Ferie did have a few decent players to work with, not the gash left behind by lvg. Jose has been here 18 months ffs, by the time Ince, Pallister and Irwin arrived Ferie had been here years. Pointless comparison with Ferie anywa. Nobody will ever do what he did..

Quote:
Where to?

Unread 24-02-2018, 11:54 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Where to?
ffs

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:03 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This instructed bit... I never played football beyond £#%&!ing about with mates so have no clue, but are professional players really "instructed" to play within such strict guidelines? surely you play a game as it evolves, its instinctive not scripted surely?

I hope Mourinho 'instructs' our lot to take the game to Chelsea, unfortunately for us though his default position at the moment seems to be safety-first.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:16 AM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
And whose f***ing fault is that?

The c*** CHOOSES to keep playing the two failed #@&%! wingers at full back. He CHOOSES to stick with c***beard Smalling over his own signing. He CHOOSES to f*** about with our dynamic young centre forwards to accommodate his own lumbering oaf.

He’s had a shit tonne of money and four transfer windows. If he is still regularly playing the shitc***s who were here under previous managers then that’s his own fault now
This.

Don't expect logic to get through to thick @#%&!s though.

Unread 25-02-2018, 12:20 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Ah Wimbledon
Brentford, possibly?