United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Nicebutdim

If he brings Dele Ali with him I'd take him.

That aside our most pressing issue is replacing Carrick. Spend whatever it takes on Gundogan and take a look at Neves and Xhaka

Unread 03-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Why Don?

I'm going to call him trouser pockets from now on.

Unread 03-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
I'm going to call him trouser pockets from now on.

Did he celebrate the win with the old elephant pants 'trick' ?

Unread 03-02-2016, 02:24 PM
TheFatGoth

Just visited a Spurs forum I sometimes frequent...

They are absolutely loving life at the moment. Absolutely buzzing with their team, manager and the football they play. Brought a smile to my face just reading their enthusiasm to be honest.

Complete contrast to here and United fan's general demeanor at present.

Unread 03-02-2016, 02:27 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

They are absolutely loving life at the moment. Absolutely buzzing with their team, manager and the football they play. Brought a smile to my face just reading their enthusiasm to be honest.

do you pretend to be a spurs fan on there?

Unread 03-02-2016, 03:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

They've still got the traditional late season choke to come, pal. Maybe

Unread 03-02-2016, 07:08 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Did he celebrate the win with the old elephant pants 'trick' ?
No, it's because of his name.

Unread 03-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Luffy

He wasn't at Spurs or Southampton long enough to take credit for bringing through or unearthing the flurry of young players they've built their success on. He's got them performing well which is something, but not seen enough to suggest he can turn us around.

What we should be asking is why we're not developing any talents in the way they are.

Maybe a top director of football is required after all.

Unread 03-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

We could be top of the league and just signed Bale on deadline day and we'd still be moaning about something.

Unread 03-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Ethers

Absolute oddballs saying he might £#%&! off to Spain eventually if he does well, then suggesting we bring in a manager who's never done more than 3 years anywhere. Ok.

Unread 14-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Switching Off

https://vine.co/v/OdxapPd6WUI

Unread 14-02-2016, 09:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Absolute oddballs saying he might £#%&! off to Spain eventually if he does well, then suggesting we bring in a manager who's never done more than 3 years anywhere. Ok.
Indeed. Especially given that he's a manager who invests in the future so will do good long-term work while here anyway. We'd probably lose him to Spain at some stage, but so what. We're on the managerial merry-go-round for now, whether we like it or not.

If he keeps up Spurs' current form he'll surely be preferred to Mou by most people.

Unread 14-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed. Especially given that he's a manager who invests in the future so will do good long-term work while here anyway. We'd probably lose him to Spain at some stage, but so what. We're on the managerial merry-go-round for now, whether we like it or not.

If he keeps up Spurs' current form he'll surely be preferred to Mou by most people.
I wonder if theyre waiting to see how he copes with the run in. A bit like when Chelsea waited for Porto Monaco to decide whether to go for Mourinho or Deschamps.

Not that it makes much difference, he'd learn plenty from being pipped if it comes to it. But if he wins the league, maybe they'll think he's the one.

Unread 14-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Even if he won the league it would be too soon to be considered for United. Currently, he's no more than Paul le guen or Mike walker, or any number flavour of the months that come and go. Let's see him maintain some success, if any, for 5 years and actually do something that marks him out.

There's a reason United hired Fergie in 86 rather than 81. Now, it seems even a glimmer of success gets you in the frame. Or none at all if they've played for the club.

Unread 14-02-2016, 09:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I wonder if theyre waiting to see how he copes with the run in. A bit like when Chelsea waited for Porto Monaco to decide whether to go for Mourinho or Deschamps.

Not that it makes much difference, he'd learn plenty from being pipped if it comes to it. But if he wins the league, maybe they'll think he's the one.
I doubt he'd enter into detailed negotiations now anyway. But if he did, it would be extremely hush-hush, surely? Only a few whispers about it so far. There are not many obvious candidates, but outside of the highly impressive work he's done at two clubs, he's a character that would appeal to people at the club who didn't want Mou.

Recently emerged that Fergie loves Poch, too. Which is probably a factor

Unread 14-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Even if he won the league it would be too soon to be considered for United. Currently, he's no more than Paul le guen or Mike walker, or any number flavour of the months that come and go. Let's see him maintain some success, if any, for 5 years and actually do something that marks him out.

There's a reason United hired Fergie in 86 rather than 81. Now, it seems even a glimmer of success gets you in the frame.
Who should we get then?

Unread 14-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Who should we get then?
The same guy we should have got when Fergie left. One that's actually a mile more qualified for the job than anyone else. Like Fergie was in 86.

Unread 14-02-2016, 09:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

There's a reason United hired Fergie in 86 rather than 81. Now, it seems even a glimmer of success gets you in the frame.
Him winning the title with Spurs after a very thorough and deliberate rebuild would not be a glimmer of success, surely? Added to the way he transformed Southampton I'd say it would be a good basis on which to take a risk.

Of course, if he instead ends up at Atletico or Real and turns out great, we'll regret not taking that chance.

Unread 14-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Billy Redface

Why the £#%&! would he come to us if Spurs win the league?

Unread 14-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Him winning the title with Spurs after a very thorough and deliberate rebuild would not be a glimmer of success, surely?
Depends if it's maintained. 1 title is a glimmer. How he manages as champions is just as important in seeing if he's up to it. Sustain success at Spurs, if they actually have any, the he can have the job.

Quote:
Of course, if he instead ends up at Atletico or Real and turns out great, we'll regret not taking that chance.
Or we'd wait a year or two until they sack him. Would work out better that way around anyway.
Closed Thread