United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Pop

Default Sky Sports 5

Meh, bit pointless seeing as BT have the Champions League the season after next.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...opean-football

Giving away two years free broadband with it though.

Unread 10-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Meh, bit pointless seeing as BT have the Champions League the season after next.

Giving away two years free broadband with it though.
If BT get even half the Prem games next time round, Sky are bit screwed no?

Unread 10-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Switching Off

So are they just going to stop charging me for broadband then?

Unread 10-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
If BT get even half the Prem games next time round, Sky are bit screwed no?
Absolutely. Though with the money they'll save on losing the CL and outright desperation they'll probably throw obscene money at the FA for PL rights.

Unread 10-06-2014, 09:09 AM
BTCC

looks to be coming this summer!

Quote:
Customers with Sky Sports will be able to receive the new channel - Sky Sports 5 - as part of their sports package, at no extra cost, and as a further bonus they can also get two years’ free Sky Broadband Unlimited. Sky Sports 5 will screen up to 600 live European football matches next season featuring some of the best players, the best teams and the best competitions. Sky Sports 5 will be the seventh channel from Sky Sports and will be the home of European Qualifiers, UEFA Champions League, La Liga and Copa del Rey for Sky Sports viewers, plus a host of other European football programming including Revista De La Liga and Champions League Weekly.

For the first time Sky Sports will also offer exclusively live coverage of Holland’s top division Eredivisie. The new 4-year deal announced today will bring live matches each week to Sky Sports 5, enabling viewers to follow the domestic campaigns of the Netherlands’ top teams including Ajax, Feyenoord, FC Twente and PSV Eindhoven.

Unread 10-06-2014, 09:10 AM
BTCC

%@#$&!s didnt see other fred in football

Unread 10-06-2014, 09:23 AM
dunk

So, Dutch football requires an extra channel? Meh.

Unread 10-06-2014, 09:30 AM
red @rmy

Sky won't have champions league in 2 years.
They've taken their eye off the ball imo.

Unread 10-06-2014, 09:31 AM
puressence

wc

Unread 10-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Mr Castro

Can someone in the know tell me when the TV deals expire for Leagues sky don't have? Strikes me they'll bid big money for one or two more.

Unread 10-06-2014, 09:38 AM
HERTS_RED

Problem is for Sky is bar your sages, no one gives a £#%&! about watching other leagues bar El Classico (and I bet the numbers aren't that great compared to even a bog standard super sunday)

The best hook Sky has to keep subscribers is Atlantic/GOT

Unread 10-06-2014, 10:10 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

What a load of shite from Sky. They'll keep the prices the same on the back of this even though they've lost the CL to BT.

They could've at least signed up the big derby games that BT don't have (Porto v Benfica, Fenerbache v Galatasaray, Red Star vs Partizan etc). Nobody gives a £#%&! about International football either.

No doubt it'll cost to get out of the "Free broadband" deal aswell

Why end at European Football, South America has loads of superb games that should be shown over here.

Unread 10-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Ashley's Grime

Dutch Football?

Partridge shrug.

Unread 10-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Whip Hubley

cancelling sky in a couple of days, can't wait tbh. load of shit.

Unread 10-06-2014, 10:25 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

You have to phone them anyway to active this channel

They've had a shocker with this.

Unread 10-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Wow, you have to ring them up? Sounds like absolute hell.

As far as I can see it's an extra channel that will be showing lots of extra games. Hardly something to moan about tbh

Unread 10-06-2014, 10:33 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Wow, you have to ring them up? Sounds like absolute hell.

As far as I can see it's an extra channel that will be showing lots of extra games. Hardly something to moan about tbh
Can be done online or via red button.

Yeah I'm sure the extra international shite (Sky got rid due to low ratings) and Dutch league will really justify the same prices without the CL football.

Unread 10-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

It's all a bit suspicious.

They're giving away 2 years broadband in an attempt to lock users into a long contract that will stop them migrating to BT when the CL rights change.

But I can't understand why they're making people activate this channel. They've not done that in the past other than for 3D which was a special case.

Either way it's all a bit m'eh.

Sky have purposefully avoiding making a football channel for years so that they can spread the matches over multiple channels and make people pay for them all.

It's still baffling that they're allowed to bundle things together in a way that means it costs at least £45 a month to watch football. Why should customers have to pay for a load of shit channels that they never want to watch?

In summary: Sky are @#%&!s.

Unread 10-06-2014, 10:45 AM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's all a bit suspicious.

They're giving away 2 years broadband in an attempt to lock users into a long contract that will stop them migrating to BT when the CL rights change.

But I can't understand why they're making people activate this channel. They've not done that in the past other than for 3D which was a special case.

Either way it's all a bit m'eh.

Sky have purposefully avoiding making a football channel for years so that they can spread the matches over multiple channels and make people pay for them all.

It's still baffling that they're allowed to bundle things together in a way that means it costs at least £45 a month to watch football. Why should customers have to pay for a load of shit channels that they never want to watch?

In summary: Sky are @#%&!s.
I'm guessing you need to phone to activate it because you'll be changing your current deal (the 2yrs free broadband)

Unread 10-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
I'm guessing you need to phone to activate it because you'll be changing your current deal (the 2yrs free broadband)
You don't have to take the broadband to get the channel. It's included in the sports bundle.
Closed Thread