United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:09 AM
red red robbo

Angry At least someone is reporting the REAL story about our finances.

Glazer family loans soak up record profits at Old Trafford

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...239094,00.html

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:14 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Glazer family loans soak up record profits at Old Trafford

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...239094,00.html
I'm going to bury my head in the sand and ignore all of it except the bit about us signing Huntelaar.

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Spiffy

What's the point of reporting the true story? Until they start cashing in on the big players, no one gives a flying £#%&!. When it affects people's ability to buy tickets or the clubs ability to buy players, then people will whinge, and only then.

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Whalefish

I don't believe a £#%&!ing word either side says tbh. I'd like to have a look at the books myself.

333million supporters/followers/#@&%! smokers/whatever worldwide? Yeah right David, and I have a 10" #@&%! when flaccid.

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't believe a £#%&!ing word either side says tbh. I'd like to have a look at the books myself.
I interviewed the Financial Accountant last year. They are making masses of money.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...l+account ant

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Child of Darkness

what I get from that is that the loan repayment is £42 pa

the profits after tax are £42

the extra special only have to pay it back at the end 20% loan of £135 mil which is a min of £20 mill a year is not counted in the figures

so effectively the true position is that the club looses £20 mill a year

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:51 AM
snifter

Quote:
"The amount of debt repayment we are responsible for [£42m] is comfortably serviced by the business and that will remain the case," Gill said. "The banks would not have loaned the money if they were not comfortable with the situation. What we have to do is maximise the terms for the club and harvest every opportunity."
If you're a match going red, you're now an 'opportunity'.

Nice to feel wanted.

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Enjoying Insanity

All rubbish, I won't believe any of it until I see the finances myself.

The Glazers have only done good for the club, without them we wouldn't have Hargreaves, Anderson, Tevez etc

And as for the price increases and ACS, it's a market economy and demand dictates pricing.

I wish all these doommongers would go away.

Viva Las Glazers.

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity

The Glazers have only done good for the club, without them we wouldn't have Hargreaves, Anderson, Tevez etc

And as for the price increases and ACS, it's a market economy and demand dictates pricing.

Viva Las Glazers.

1/10

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:57 AM
redloner

Default TsV

Do you by any chance know if your contact had any input in the preparation of the Red Football, or Red Joint Venture accounts?

I'd say the United accounts are being kept nice and neat and tidy and the accounts of the holding companies are a little more... er ... frank?

For example, the only place the debt level is mentioned is in the Red JV accounts where it is disclosed as £597m (as at 30/6/2006) and there is no interest paid on the debt from the new United accounts.

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:58 AM
believe

14% again in May?

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity

Viva Las Glazers.
Remember that quote when they've priced you out of going.

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:59 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
Do you by any chance know if your contact had any input in the preparation of the Red Football, or Red Joint Venture accounts?

I'd say the United accounts are being kept nice and neat and tidy and the accounts of the holding companies are a little more... er ... frank?

For example, the only place the debt level is mentioned is in the Red JV accounts where it is disclosed as £597m (as at 30/6/2006) and there is no interest paid on the debt from the new United accounts.
It's OK they are currently in talks with Capital One for a 0% balance transfer.

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Remember that quote when they've priced you out of going.

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Spiffy

Quote:

Don't know to be honest, it was ages ago. There's no reason to lie about the figures though, if the Glazer's cared what the fans thought they would have come out with reassuring words when they bought us. They don't give a £#%&! so why massage the figures?

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It's OK they are currently in talks with Capital One for a 0% balance transfer.
Ocean Finance

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Child of Darkness

all books are cooked no matter what

fact is they pay out 42 mill in interest plus accumulate about 20 mill on the special loans

equiv to..........

free tickets for all or

half price tickets and and world class player every year

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:12 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I interviewed the Financial Accountant last year. They are making masses of money.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...l+account ant
you also said a third of the debt had been written off you #@&%!.

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:13 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:

go down to companies house and look at them in a few weeks.

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
go down to companies house and look at them in a few weeks.
These accounts aren't out until June I think, plus they can be highly manipulated, as they aren't a PLC.

I wouldn't trust the Glazers if they said the sky was £#%&!ing blue.
Closed Thread