United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2023, 06:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We’ve no right to criticise Tottenham for anything
Not sure we’ve a right to criticise £#%&!ing Grimsby after yesterday.

Unread 06-03-2023, 06:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Not sure we’ve a right to criticise £#%&!ing Grimsby after yesterday.
grimsby still in the cup. why you picking on them?

Unread 06-03-2023, 06:38 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
grimsby still in the cup. why you picking on them?
Definitely something fishy about it.

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:26 PM
Ethers

Having another cracker in a big game tonight.

Generational.

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:27 PM
Coracao

Dortmund been poor as a whole

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:33 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Generational.
Really hope he ain’t a scouse fan. He would be so good for us if we managed to sign him

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Really hope he ain’t a scouse fan. He would be so good for us if we managed to sign him
Well given that he apparently liked a load of their social media posts about thrashing us on sunday it doesn't bode well

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Huge Liverpool fan, £#%&! him.....

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:05 PM
AK14

I reckon he’ll be off to Madrid or City in the summer (maybe 2024)

I just cant see the dippers being able to afford him.

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:42 PM
Sandman

Couldn't give a flying £#%&! about this overhyped @#%&!.

Unread 08-03-2023, 09:01 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I reckon he’ll be off to Madrid or City in the summer (maybe 2024)

I just cant see the dippers being able to afford him.
They’re not skint. They’ll make him their main summer buy.

Unread 08-03-2023, 09:58 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Generational.
"Never liked him anyway..."

Unread 08-03-2023, 10:49 AM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
They’re not skint. They’ll make him their main summer buy.
Hopefully they'll massively overpay for him. It's exactly what we'd be doing with Woodward in charge.

For the prices being thrown around you'd want 25+ goals a year. Way overhyped and he's already turned us down once. Looks like a #@&%! to me so he should fit in well there. Could be their new hendo.

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:01 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
Hopefully they'll massively overpay for him. It's exactly what we'd be doing with Woodward in charge.

For the prices being thrown around you'd want 25+ goals a year. Way overhyped and he's already turned us down once. Looks like a #@&%! to me so he should fit in well there. Could be their new hendo.
All you have to do is watch 6-12 games of his and you can see he isn’t overhyped . Even last night his passing range and decision making was good.

If he’s a scouse fan who doesn’t want to join then utd shouldn’t pursue . But if there’s one thing he’s not, it’s overhyped. I don’t think he would got for 100 mill plus. But he will go.

He isn’t the be all and end all, there are other top quality central midfielders out there for us.

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:04 AM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
All you have to do is watch 6-12 games of his and you can see he isn’t overhyped . Even last night his passing range and decision making was good.

If he’s a scouse fan who doesn’t want to join then utd shouldn’t pursue . But if there’s one thing he’s not, it’s overhyped. I don’t think he would got for 100 mill plus. But he will go.

He isn’t the be all and end all, there are other top quality central midfielders out there for us.
You could have said all of this about Sancho at Dortmund.

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:10 AM
Baron

Anyone watch the game & think Enzo Fernandez looked like a £105m midfielder in comparison?

He made about 50% of his passes ffs

He & Bellingham are very young, and full of promise - but it doesn't always end up that you get the finished article.

I'm glad we have Casemiro in the meantime, but we could definitely do with a world class / potentially world class central midfielder alongside him after neglecting the space for so long. Bellingham would be a fantastic option, but he's going to cost a fortune - like £120m+ or so which if we want a striker like Osimhen to join us we can't afford it at the moment. Not unless we're shifting a serious amount of deadwood, and getting decent fees

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:11 AM
Ethers

He’s clearly a decent player, but the talk of £150m and generational player etc are way over the top imo.

I thought he was pretty anonymous last night tbh. Don’t get me wrong, at his age, yoh don’t really expect a 19 year old midfielder to drag their side through games like that. But the way people talk about him, he’s something out of the ordinary, so he should be capable of the extraordinary.

He’s got lots of potential, and could well go on to be a great player. But he’s absolutely nowhere near the finished product, and I certainly wouldn’t want us paying silly money for him then starting him every week.

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:19 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
He’s clearly a decent player, but the talk of £150m and generational player etc are way over the top imo.

I thought he was pretty anonymous last night tbh. Don’t get me wrong, at his age, yoh don’t really expect a 19 year old midfielder to drag their side through games like that. But the way people talk about him, he’s something out of the ordinary, so he should be capable of the extraordinary.

He’s got lots of potential, and could well go on to be a great player. But he’s absolutely nowhere near the finished product, and I certainly wouldn’t want us paying silly money for him then starting him every week.
I think our fingers are still smarting after being burned from the last english player we paid a massive fee from dortmund for

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:21 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think our fingers are still smarting after being burned from the last english player we paid a massive fee from dortmund for
Yep. I think it’s understandable tbh. Have we ever signed someone from the Bundesliga who lived up to expectations? Hargreaves probably the best, but wasn’t exactly an unqualified success

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:28 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yep. I think it’s understandable tbh. Have we ever signed someone from the Bundesliga who lived up to expectations? Hargreaves probably the best, but wasn’t exactly an unqualified success
Yeah. Bayern knew they were selling us someone who's knees were about to give out. We got one really good season out of him but nowhere near what we should have.

Scheweinstiger again was finished.

Kagawa - did ok at times i suppose but again largely a flop

Mkhitaryan again largely a flop
Closed Thread