United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Would £#%&!ing love it if we took £5 off Chelsea for the fat headed lummox. Would be the result of the season.

There must be a young CB we could get in to play second fiddle and develop
Fixed it for you.

Unread 23-08-2022, 05:13 PM
suedeshoes

I think Maguire will be a regular again before too long.

Not sure about Shaw though. Not sure if ten hag fancies him at all. Weird player.

Unread 23-08-2022, 05:20 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I think Maguire will be a regular again before too long.
Hope you are wrong

Fear you are right

Unread 23-08-2022, 05:56 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Shaw has been a burden for years. A passive, slow, predictable shit house. Maguire is championship standard.

You have to wonder at this point whether Jem is capable of ever being right on any subject. Ever.

I think the only thing I used to agree with him was on De Gea but I think he’s even wrong on that one too.

Anyway, fire shaw off into the sun please. If it isn’t obvious to everyone what a liability he’s been for so long then it never will be.

Unread 23-08-2022, 05:57 PM
dunk

Sell him then ffs.

Unread 23-08-2022, 06:03 PM
tatty

There will be games for both of them in the Europa and early cup ties.

Unread 23-08-2022, 06:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
For Leicester or West Ham maybe.

Unread 23-08-2022, 06:04 PM
silv

We need to get rid

Can’t have this simpleton kicking up a fuss in the changing room

Unread 23-08-2022, 06:05 PM
Pop

Hopefully in the back of a meat truck

Unread 23-08-2022, 06:20 PM
Tuco

Default Still funny as £#%&!

Unread 23-08-2022, 06:26 PM
NedKelly

can’t help but think Erik has taken on board everything I’ve written about this bulbous headed freak. If you’re reading now pal, throw him into the sea - the sheer size and weight of his head will ensure he sinks.

Shaw can stay as back up to Malacia.

Unread 23-08-2022, 06:41 PM
armchair

He's ok in a three but horribly exposed in a two. Chelsea should sign him. They want to play a three. Can almost guarantee it was his agent who put out the Chelsea links.

Unread 23-08-2022, 06:48 PM
dunk

Unread 23-08-2022, 06:49 PM
Zorg

1. He’s shit
2. He’s £#%&!

Unread 23-08-2022, 06:52 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
With the WC 3 months away & not wanting to be cup-tied, they'll be wanting out rather than be bit part players.

At least, that's what i'm hoping & praying for.

Unread 23-08-2022, 07:06 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

1. Slow as a slow cart horse
2. Not a very good footballer with little to no character

Fair play to him, for a man with limited capabilities, he has certainly done well for himself. Chelsea will not buy this fella and can't see anyone else doing so either, he wasn't even the best defender at Leicester.

a couple of headers at the world cup and the press started presenting him as Bobby Moore, the guy is distinctly average at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
1. Slow as a slow cart horse
2. Not a very good footballer with little to no character

Fair play to him, for a man with limited capabilities, he has certainly done well for himself. Chelsea will not buy this fella and can't see anyone else doing so either, he wasn't even the best defender at Leicester.

a couple of headers at the world cup and the press started presenting him as Bobby Moore, the guy is distinctly average at best.
Up there with the worse £ for £ signings utd have ever made

Unread 23-08-2022, 07:12 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we will need shaw. you'll see. and... once he realises that it is ok to be thrusting, dynamic and play attacking passes, he will fit in very nicely. it's just coaching.
yeah if only he'd had some coaching, instead of playing under poch LVG southgate jose and ole

but I suppose it's their fault

Unread 23-08-2022, 07:14 PM
pedr0

Really hard to see a way back for Maguire.

He isn't as bad as some are making out but it's very obvious he doesn't handle scrutiny/ pressure very well.

He's in a vicious circle where he's never going to get a chance at United to quietly play himself back into his best form. And tbh his best probably isn't good enough.

We need to cut our losses and ditch him.

Unread 23-08-2022, 07:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
yeah if only he'd had some coaching, instead of playing under poch LVG southgate jose and ole

but I suppose it's their fault
that's very funny. mourinho was part of the problem. shaw, like many united fullbacks (even valencia did it) was clearly coached to keep possession, not take risks, pass the ball back and inside. he didn't always play like that and it is very much down to coaching. he is more than capable of thrusting runs and good crosses. only a dick would not appreciate this.

Unread 23-08-2022, 07:32 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that's very funny. mourinho was part of the problem. shaw, like many united fullbacks (even valencia did it) was clearly coached to keep possession, not take risks, pass the ball back and inside. he didn't always play like that and it is very much down to coaching. he is more than capable of thrusting runs and good crosses. only a dick would not appreciate this.
Closed Thread