United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-08-2022, 11:08 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Would £#%&!ing love it if we took £50-60m off Chelsea for the fat headed lummox. Would be the result of the season.

There must be a young CB we could get in to play second fiddle and develop
Teden Menji? what happened to him?

Unread 23-08-2022, 11:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Teden Menji? what happened to him?
Mengi and Bernard are highly rated. Both have been injured I think but are on their way back.

Talk Inter want Bernard

Unread 23-08-2022, 11:27 AM
jem

Quote:
Talk Inter want Bernard

Unread 23-08-2022, 11:32 AM
Hyman_Roth

Shaw has been a burden for years. A passive, slow, predictable shit house. Maguire is championship standard.

You have to wonder at this point whether Jem is capable of ever being right on any subject. Ever.

I think the only thing I used to agree with him was on De Gea but I think he’s even wrong on that one too.

Anyway, fire shaw off into the sun please. If it isn’t obvious to everyone what a liability he’s been for so long then it never will be.

Unread 23-08-2022, 11:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Shaw has been a burden for years. A passive, slow, predictable shit house. Maguire is championship standard.

You have to wonder at this point whether Jem is capable of ever being right on any subject. Ever.

I think the only thing I used to agree with him was on De Gea but I think he’s even wrong on that one too.

Anyway, fire shaw off into the sun please. If it isn’t obvious to everyone what a liability he’s been for so long then it never will be.
Think?

Jem is wrong about everything, always.

Shaw has the capacity to be very good, he’s lacking the required drive and physical fitness, somehow.

Unread 23-08-2022, 11:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Suppose I should have trusted Erik and maybe he was just giving them all time to get up to speed / giving them enough rope... (probably won't start Cass at the weekend)

But my god Tyrell was incredible in pre season whenever he played, he does get caught some times, but his effort and aggression is something we've missed down that side with that fat squid wobbling around.....

He's the future at left back...

Unread 23-08-2022, 11:41 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Think?

Shaw has the capacity to be very good, he’s lacking the required drive and physical fitness, somehow.
DDG did well last night. Was the better of the two keepers but generally I don’t think he’s as good as he should be.shaw has been shit for years. It’s not just lacking drive pal.

Unread 23-08-2022, 11:46 AM
jem

we will need shaw. you'll see. and... once he realises that it is ok to be thrusting, dynamic and play attacking passes, he will fit in very nicely. it's just coaching.

Unread 23-08-2022, 11:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
DDG did well last night. Was the better of the two keepers but generally I don’t think he’s as good as he should be.shaw has been shit for years. It’s not just lacking drive pal.
Allison stopped 2 1v1’s with his sweeping and made a great save from Rashford. De Gea made a couple of straight forward blocks, £#%&! all else. We kept the ball as far away from him as possible, it’s heart in mouth stuff whenever it goes in our area still, whether we’re in possession or not.

No idea what Allison was up to for Sancho’s goal though

Unread 23-08-2022, 11:51 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Allison stopped 2 1v1’s with his sweeping and made a great save from Rashford. De Gea made a couple of straight forward blocks, £#%&! all else.
tbf he didn't have much to do. Could have got some knitting done really.

Unread 23-08-2022, 11:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
tbf he didn't have much to do. Could have got some knitting done really.
Which was the plan with good reason. Keep the ball out of our half wherever possible. Just away from the £#%&!ing goalkeeper, or he’ll end up chucking one in. I thought he was a bit weak for their goal tbf, but I £#%&!ing hate him at this point

Sound tactics tbf, hope it catches on.

Unread 23-08-2022, 12:04 PM
tatty

I’ve always been a fan of Maguires but the sad reality is that even if he gave 100%, and was coached 12 hours a day, he would never be able to fill the role competently.

He just doesn’t have it.

Unread 23-08-2022, 12:06 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Which was the plan with good reason. Keep the ball out of our half wherever possible. Just away from the £#%&!ing goalkeeper, or he’ll end up chucking one in. I thought he was a bit weak for their goal tbf, but I £#%&!ing hate him at this point

Sound tactics tbf, hope it catches on.
My thoughts as well. Clearly we were told to go long and as much as possible avoid giving De Gea the ball at his feet. Lots of instances where defenders put it out rather than risk the back pass. It worked, but it's not a long-term plan.

Wouldn't blame him for their goal though.

Also looked like AWB was told to never cross the halfway line. But that one might be wishful thinking on my part

Unread 23-08-2022, 12:10 PM
dunk

I wouldn’t blame him, just thought he was a bit weak.

Would have to ask why he’s covering the space behind Martinez when Salah leaps to head the ball rather than diving in front of the only space the ball could possibly pass him though happened very quickly I suppose.

Buy a proper keeper ffs.

Unread 23-08-2022, 12:22 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
tbf he didn't have much to do.
ffs, de gea.

Unread 23-08-2022, 02:16 PM
elhombre

Listening to SSN, you'd think Maguire was Fabio Cannavaro, who was having a bad patch.....

Impeccable, high standards..

He's £#%&!ing bobbins... Maguire, not Cannavaro.

Unread 23-08-2022, 02:32 PM
Wayne Jenkins

No reason for either to come back into the team. Don't care about their World Cup prospects, and frankly England will be better off without them too.

Rashford had a good game yesterday, but if he doesn't pull this type of performance out consistently, he needs to be reduced to impact sub and then sold in the near future.

De Gea is the other one. Realistically he will be no.1 for the rest of the season, and I'm not sure I see the point in buying a short-term above average keeper like Sommer, especially given how many other positions needs dealing with. Better to bring back Henderson or buy someone like Oblak in the Summer (or January if necessary).

Unread 23-08-2022, 02:49 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Shaw had potential when he was bought in but has gone fatwards and developed into a nothing player. The whole maguire thing has been totally perplexing, his level, the price, the captaincy, everything. he wouldn't have got into a utd team in the 70s never mind today, slow and a poor reader of the game.

Unread 23-08-2022, 03:17 PM
redhegemony

Maguire and Shaw both capable of playing some Europa games to give the others a rest unless we have some youngsters to step up.

Unread 23-08-2022, 03:23 PM
jem

Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread