United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:22 AM
saffers

Default Our focus in the next 3 weeks should be outgoings not incomings (Frenkie aside)

Discuss.

Other than Ronaldo, who could and should we get out the door to help the coach in his rebuild?

Maguire will be difficult, but surely there is a market for the fat shit Luke Shaw? Send De Gea to Valencia or something?

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Discuss.

Other than Ronaldo, who could and should we get out the door to help the coach in his rebuild?

Maguire will be difficult, but surely there is a market for the fat shit Luke Shaw? Send De Gea to Valencia or something?
They’re not going anywhere. They’re on a long list of players who will get a year to prove themselves. And fail.

I still expect Ronaldo to go and it’s for the best.

We need at least 3 new players before the window closes and I don’t expect us to get them.

We’re an absolute mess.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:24 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Discuss.

Maguire.
Rashford.
Gea.
The Scottish player.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:26 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
They’re not going anywhere. They’re on a long list of players who will get a year to prove themselves. And fail.

I still expect Ronaldo to go and it’s for the best.

We need at least 3 new players before the window closes and I don’t expect us to get them.

We’re an absolute mess.
We need new players but id argue we need just as much to get rid of some of the guys dragging us down. It wont be good for the dressing room.

Ronaldo situation is crazy. Cant be healthy. Him alone leaving wont save us but it would help I think, not just in the dressing room but tactically aswell.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:27 AM
no fun

Our English players must not be put out there as sacrificial lambs, there is the World Cup starting in November and they must be in tip top shape both physically and mentally……it’s far more important that the national team does well than United getting back on track

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:28 AM
Mr_Ed

Why the £#%&! are the likes of Bailly, Jones and other stealing s living. Cut down the squad and get the kids in if necessary.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:31 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
We need new players but id argue we need just as much to get rid of some of the guys dragging us down. It wont be good for the dressing room.

Ronaldo situation is crazy. Cant be healthy. Him alone leaving wont save us but it would help I think, not just in the dressing room but tactically aswell.
Agreed. One affects the other too. We won’t get a new forward unless Ronaldo leaves. We won’t get a new right back unless AWB leaves. We won’t have a new No 1 keeper unless DDG leaves.

The players we’ve kept has been as big an issue as the players we’ve signed in recent years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Why the £#%&! are the likes of Bailly, Jones and other stealing s living. Cut down the squad and get the kids in if necessary.
Because they’re on stupid wages that nobody will pay. The generous dishing out of new deals has killed us these last few years.

‘Open heart surgery’ is about right in terms of this squad. We’ve sold 1 player and signed 3. Utterly pathetic. No supposedly top team in the world behaves like we do.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:33 AM
dunk

They won’t let any of them go.

‘What do you need a new GL for? de Gea was superb in 2016..’

‘What do you need a new striker for? You have Martial..’

‘Why do you need midfielders? You have Fred, McT, Eriksen, Bruno and VdB? That’s plenty..’

Etc. the same reason all these shit@#%&!s aren’t replaced when it’s obvious they aren’t good enough; they’re an ‘asset’ filling a place in the squad. If they have them, they don’t have to replace them.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:40 AM
Switching Off

I was actually hoping for some panic buying. Rice for £250m, Dani Alves on a free and Leno for 50.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I was actually hoping for some panic buying. Rice for £250m, Dani Alves on a free and Leno for 50.
Leno? From Arsenal? Can have him for about £8m. Vastly superior to de Gea.

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:54 AM
AK14

Realistically

AWB
Bailly
Shaw
Jones

But we’re desperate for reinforcements, absolutely desperate. We need a competent GK, at least two midfielders and two attackers.

Next few windows a CB, RB, another midfielder and forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Leno? From Arsenal? Can have him for about £8m. Vastly superior to de Gea.
Gone to Fulham for a few million I think?

Unread 14-08-2022, 10:56 AM
Ronny

If we cannot move Jones and Bailly after being peripheral to the squad for years what makes you think the likes of Shaw and Maguire can be shifted?
The Glazers want too much for any player asking to leave,Pogba, Lingard and Romero’s issue, no other club lose so many players on frees as us.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:04 AM
Finport Red

Really? We’ve conceded 11 in our last 4 league games and scored 1 (an own goal) and this is the priority??

Surely the focus has to be on brining new, hungrier (not luke shaw hungrier) and better players in. Ones who actually want to play for United and win trophies.

And for east it’s worth, I’m comIng round to thinking that doesn’t include de Jong who’s rather hold on at his current club till they give him going away money.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:05 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
We’ve conceded 11 in our last 4 league games and scored 1 (an own goal)
Jesus

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:19 AM
Joe Biden

I forgot dalot. Easily done as you could forget he exists watching a game he plays in.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:29 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Discuss.

Wages are the issue I bet

And who really would spend any money plus the long term burden of wages on any of our lot?

If they’re not good enough for us, I can’t see anyone else snapping them up - we’re bottoms of the league with 6 conceded in 2… hardly a glittering endorsement

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:40 AM
tatty

There's only 1 outgoing that will make a meaningful difference.

And we're probably stuck with them for another 20 years.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:00 PM
shenwen

We need incomings - 4-5 still in this window. Only then can we drop or get rid of players.

Not going to happen of course. Not even close.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:02 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
There's only 1 outgoing that will make a meaningful difference.

And we're probably stuck with them for another 20 years.
Unlikely the vile bastards will live that long

Unread 14-08-2022, 02:18 PM
saffers

If Murtough and Arnold could move some people out of the club in these two weeks and not panic buy it would honestly build some faith here that maybe they will be a departure from the Woodward era.

Honestly having second thoughts on Rabiot, especially the longer it takes. He is 27 btw, big deal with us takes him into his 30s. Will be yet another albatross around our necks if he we succumb to the pressure and give him the money he wants.

Just bring in Frenkie, sell Ronaldo and whoever else its possible to sell.

Build from there, theres plenty of decent youngsters to help fill out the squad.
Closed Thread