Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: What to do
1. Just sign anyone, we're shit 4 16.67%
2. No signings unless they are the right player, play the kids 20 83.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:18 PM
saffers

Football If we cannot get our main targets (De Jong, Sesko etc), what to do?

1. Buy alternatives(potentially panic buys like Arnautovic)
2. Do not buy, wait for the right players, play the youths.

If now isnt the time to learn from our mistakes, when is??

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:20 PM
Sparky***

who £#%&!ing cares any more. Unless we can get rid of another 8 players and buy another 8 we're pissing in the £#%&!ing wind.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:20 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
who £#%&!ing cares any more. Unless we can get rid of another 8 players and buy another 8 we're pissing in the £#%&!ing wind.
One game mate

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:21 PM
Mr_Ed

Same shit players. Different managers… need a major overhaul.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:21 PM
AK14

Sign players but don’t hand them ridiculous wages meaning we’re stuck with them and have no choice but to play them week in week out.

Look at the loan market?

There has to be players available that won’t cost the world that will improved the squad. Having another CF on the bench today could have made a difference.

Liverpool signed some dross during their rebuilding years, sometimes you have to take the 2nd choice or stop gaps. Just don’t give them stupid contracts.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:22 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Id honestly focus on continuing to sell the garbage that has piled up at the club over these years.

Ten Hag gave debuts to players at 16/17, gave them the captaincy at 18. He doesnt give a £#%&! how old you are. If youre good enough you play.

We will continue the cleanout in january and next summer I imagine.

Dont £#%&!ing sign a 33 year old west ham reject ffs.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:25 PM
shenwen

Youth. No more 1-2 season max signings.
Plus there's no way Iqbal, Garnacho can't give more for instance than Rashford and The Scottish Player.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:26 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Youth. No more 1-2 season max signings.
Plus there's no way Iqbal, Garnacho can't give more for instance than Rashford and The Scottish Player.
I see no lies and I love rashy, those chances today, kid is still broken mentally post euros. Needs a cheeky timeout i think, no training no football. Recharge properly.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:26 PM
Jethro

A competent midfielder will completely transform the team imo

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:32 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Its not all or nothing. Was called a Spurs fan for rightly calling out that every single signing they've made this summer would walk into our side. Richarlison, Perisic, Bissouma, Lenglet .. no one can tell me that category of player is out of bounds for Utd even without champions league and all of them would improve us. Doesn't stop there.

Wijnaldum on loan to Roma from PSG FFS. What an improvement he'd be over the 2 we have while also adding an extra body Tielemans, Ward Prowse, Neves .. Kessie moving, that Brazilian def midfielder Bruno who Newcastle bought and immediately shored up their defence. The list is huge meanwhile we're in a new season with 2 cms with any PL caps to their name and they're McFred

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:32 PM
dunk

I’d be buying alternatives tbh. Tielemans and Neves and this is a completely different side. That’s without using any thought or imagination.

They won’t buy anyone, say they’re saving up for FDJ/Bellingham/Rice etc. and keep the debt ticking along nicely.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:33 PM
saffers

Not 100% convinced by Tielemans and Neves for £100m just too much.

Play the youth

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:36 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Not 100% convinced by Tielemans and Neves for £100m just too much.

Play the youth
Agreed they’re both average as £#%&!, still better than McFred but so is Savage and Zidane tbf

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:37 PM
Arnold Muhren

Get that Sesko lad in for sure - get whatever we can for Rashford. If De Jong IS coming then great, but we still need more. Tielemans looks to have dropped off but I’d still get Neves in like a shot.
Shaw and The Scottish Player should never play for us again. VDB needs a proper run.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Get that Sesko lad in for sure - get whatever we can for Rashford. If De Jong IS coming then great, but we still need more. Tielemans looks to have dropped off but I’d still get Neves in like a shot.
Shaw and The Scottish Player should never play for us again. VDB needs a proper run.
I reckon we could get Newcastle to take rashers off our hands

Good Pr for the Saudi lads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Agreed they’re both average as £#%&!, still better than McFred but so is Savage and Zidane tbf
Has to be good players out there that wouldn’t cost ridiculous money.

That Brighton lad that we apparently turned down a couple of seasons ago cost them a few million.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:51 PM
Dr Stranger

As much as we could do with two, just signing one actual midfielder who is a significant improvement on the ball to McFred would improve us massively.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:52 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’d be buying alternatives tbh. Tielemans and Neves and this is a completely different side. That’s without using any thought or imagination.

They won’t buy anyone, say they’re saving up for FDJ/Bellingham/Rice etc. and keep the debt ticking along nicely.
It'll be Neves imo. £70m deadline day signing.

Unread 07-08-2022, 05:07 PM
Neo

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Not 100% convinced by Tielemans
95%?

Unread 07-08-2022, 05:10 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

It’s too late now tbh. We will have our pants taken down on any big money signing. Never probs 40 mil or something in June now becomes 70+. Best bet is couple decent loans to shore up midfield and actually plan something properly for upcoming windows. If we blow big funds on mediocrity at this point we won’t make top 4 anyway and bankrupt any future hopes

Unread 07-08-2022, 08:22 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Having another CF on the bench today could have made a difference.
our problems are defence and midfield.

would rather we sold shit and promoted youth or gave young players a chance so they would come. proven players are expensive (especially ones with dick agents).
Closed Thread