United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2022, 10:19 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You can agree, but it’s £#%&!ing %@#$&!s. You don’t get the results against the teams we got results against in that period by ‘going out and having fun’ if you think that is the case then you’re a bit simple tbh.
your missing the point.

ole more obviously more of a motivator than a Uber tactician.

the way the game is going now so much attention to detail is required.

you can say ole did have tactics but his play definately involved basic instructions to an extent.

if you watch a game, you see pep and kloop going crazy shouting out instructions because their game relies heavily on their respective tactics.
If a player is not the inthe right position they are going crazy.
a player told me years ago about pep losing his hair over things such as if the ball get the a certain area the wide players have to be at a certain spot, if they aren’t he will be livid. I know ole for a fact ole was no where near as detailed and you could tell from his press conferences. It was all enjoy themselves, have fun, sharing nothing tactical. “that’s football”

we sacrificed 3 years in exchange for a culture shift that went too far the other way.

I’ve even seen a few ETH sideline clips and he is cut from the same cloth ironically enough.

Unread 06-07-2022, 10:21 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
hate to take it there again...

But those would be the players our last permanent manager didn’t like so much and didn’t have nicknames for...

Speaks volumes
Jesus, where to start.

FDJ and Eriksen didn’t play for us and Garner wasn’t ready. Ole brought Sancho to the club and gave Martial more than enough rope to hang himself. You don’t have to twist everything back to an agenda all the time, it’s very odd.

Martial has been his own worst enemy since LVG left but Ole was the next best manager for him in that period.

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:14 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Same tbh

Theres a level of excitement around just hoping you can see some semblance of change to the teams style of play, god it would be amazing to see the signs early even if results are dodgy.
There are 2 things that hold the key for me.

1. De Jong is brought in
2. Maguire is stripped of the captaincy and/or benched.

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:16 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
There are 2 things that hold the key for me.

1. De Jong is brought in
2. Maguire is stripped of the captaincy and/or benched.
I think we should go with a de gea as captain. no other worthy candidates.

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:20 AM
saffers

Quote:
Deserves it for loyalty.

Id give it Bruno tbh, give him that boost. He will be a much better player for finally having a coach. And if we dont bring in a striker he might get that false 9 freedom he craves, the guy is a finisher.

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
De Gea is the least worthy of all candidates. Absolute coward pinned to his line causing problems. Bin.

Give it De Jong or Martinez imo.

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:22 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
De Gea is the least worthy of all candidates. Absolute coward pinned to his line causing problems. Bin.
don’t be woman that says no without offering a solution.

Suggest an alternative right now please

Just seen your suggestions.

give the captaincy to a players who haven’t even stepped foot in carrington as of right now.
one of which is basically coming because he has to, not because he wants to.

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:23 AM
puressence

love how the ajax clips are being compared ffs half of those players have been brought up since 8 playing this way

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:23 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Deserves it for loyalty.

Id give it Bruno tbh, give him that boost. He will be a much better player for finally having a coach. And if we dont bring in a striker he might get that false 9 freedom he craves, the guy is a finisher.
this is where we disagree

he is to emotional and given we are short on numbers he will be around this season but i don’t think he will be a guaranteed starter 23/24 season.

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:26 AM
dunk

Quote:

Just seen your suggestions.

give the captaincy to a players who haven’t even stepped foot in carrington as of right now.
one of which is basically coming because he has to, not because he wants to.
Better candidates than any of the snakes at the club currently.

Bruno is the only actual option currently contracted.

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:26 AM
armchair

Harry is probably a good off-the-field captain. He's not an inspiration on it. I don't like goalkeeper captains though.

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:27 AM
saffers

Quote:
this is where we disagree

he is to emotional and given we are short on numbers he will be around this season but i don’t think he will be a guaranteed starter 23/24 season.
He was shocking for parts of last season, I think we all pray he wakes up. Lets hope it was Ole tax.

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:35 AM
puressence

love how it was edited .. scott and harry getting plaudits

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Harry is probably a good off-the-field captain. He's not an inspiration on it. I don't like goalkeeper captains though.
Same with goalkeepers. CB or CM for captain wherever possible, for me.

Unread 06-07-2022, 12:12 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:

Slight 'Greenwood' vibes from that statement, but okay.

Maguire will remain as captain IMO. I think Ten Hag will improve him, and he's a player that is comfortable playing out from the back, so the manager will want him in the team.

His form tanked last season due to the confidence being completely sapped from the squad under 'Der Gaffer', and also the fact he had to play with a different centre back partner seemingly every week.

Lets not forget, Maguire was one of the top 3 centre backs at Euro 2020. I reckon we see big improvements in him, and several other United players, next season.

Unread 06-07-2022, 12:18 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Maguire will remain as captain IMO. I think Ten Hag will improve him, and he's a player that is comfortable playing out from the back, so the manager will want him in the team.

His form tanked last season due to the confidence being completely sapped from the squad under 'Der Gaffer', and also the fact he had to play with a different centre back partner seemingly every week.

Lets not forget, Maguire was one of the top 3 centre backs at Euro 2020. I reckon we see big improvements in him, and several other United players, next season.
Thought he went to shit after he got thrown in against Leicester after 1 day training and had a proper Holocaust?

Either way, the season before, Maguire's absence was being cited as the reason we lost the EL final and got turned over by an out of form dippers team.

Short memories...

Unread 06-07-2022, 12:43 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

f***ing Greenwood

What a player he'd have been under this guy, left foot right foot, touch, technique.

Unread 06-07-2022, 12:48 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
love how the ajax clips are being compared ffs half of those players have been brought up since 8 playing this way
he will make them better players

Unread 06-07-2022, 12:52 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
he will make them better players
Agreed. But showing prime ajax who always train this way to the second training session he’s had a with a full squad ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 06-07-2022, 12:58 PM
atticusgrinch

Closed Thread