armchair

Real recognise real. Both hard at work in Miami

Unread 04-07-2022, 11:09 PM
saffers

Unread 05-07-2022, 08:59 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Replacing one shit @#%&! (Pogba) with another.

Yay...

Unread 05-07-2022, 09:40 AM
Pop

Weren't he and Ronnie lovers at Juventus? Might be worth a punt to keep him at Utd.

Unread 05-07-2022, 10:33 PM
saffers

This is gonna happen.

Easy tap in of a Ronaldo replacement.

Unread 05-07-2022, 10:43 PM
puressence

Breaking ffs

Unread 05-07-2022, 10:46 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Weren't he and Ronnie lovers at Juventus? Might be worth a punt to keep him at Utd.
Pretty sure that they hated each other. I'm sure I've read that just recently.

Unread 06-07-2022, 08:43 AM
AK14

Think we should stay well clear of him and just wait it out until the right player comes along.

Id much rather go into the season with Rashford, Elanga, Martial etc than the club give another mercenary @#%&! ridiculous wages. I get we’ll most likely struggle for goals with what we have but it’s pointless lumbering ourselves for years to come with another overpaid headache.

Unread 06-07-2022, 08:48 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Pretty sure that they hated each other. I'm sure I've read that just recently.
He didn’t fit into the team with Ronaldo playing did he? Not that I think he was much better beforehand - he’s another one of these supposedly world class players who I’ve never seen deliver. Remember all the hype around him a few years back so I’d look out for him whenever Juve played and he was shit every time.

From what I’ve seen, he’s also more of a creator than a goal scorer, and we need someone who can bang goals in. If we sort the midfield, which it looks like Erik is doing, we’ll make a lot more chances anyway.

I want someone clinical up front, don’t care if it’s Ronaldo or not, but it certainly shouldn’t be Dybala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Think we should stay well clear of him and just wait it out until the right player comes along.

Id much rather go into the season with Rashford, Elanga, Martial etc than the club give another mercenary @#%&! ridiculous wages. I get we’ll most likely struggle for goals with what we have but it’s pointless lumbering ourselves for years to come with another overpaid headache.
This. I’m not wumming here - if we can get Martial playing half decent, with structure around him and a cohesive team unit, he will score a fair few this season. Not saying he’s a long term option.

Edit - we know he has it in him to be quite clinical, I just hope he sorts his attitude out a bit

Unread 06-07-2022, 08:50 AM
Pop

Inter manager and suits were interviewed last night. They want him but need to shift Sanchez and Dzeko first.

Unread 06-07-2022, 08:51 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Inter manager and suits were interviewed last night. They want him but need to shift Sanchez and Dzeko first.
Uh-oh.

Unread 06-07-2022, 08:59 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He didn’t fit into the team with Ronaldo playing did he? Not that I think he was much better beforehand - he’s another one of these supposedly world class players who I’ve never seen deliver. Remember all the hype around him a few years back so I’d look out for him whenever Juve played and he was shit every time.

From what I’ve seen, he’s also more of a creator than a goal scorer, and we need someone who can bang goals in. If we sort the midfield, which it looks like Erik is doing, we’ll make a lot more chances anyway.

I want someone clinical up front, don’t care if it’s Ronaldo or not, but it certainly shouldn’t be Dybala.

This. I’m not wumming here - if we can get Martial playing half decent, with structure around him and a cohesive team unit, he will score a fair few this season. Not saying he’s a long term option.

Edit - we know he has it in him to be quite clinical, I just hope he sorts his attitude out a bit
Agree pal.

I think Tenners could get him scoring and then we should be looking to offload when his stock his high again, because he’ll never be to be consistent long term. Obviously the worry is the club will keep him and offer him a ridiculous new contract and back around we go.

I think Tenners could get martial, rashers and Sancho into double figures (league goals) and then hopefully Bruno is back to his best. That should buy us enough time to get the right CF in next summer, because I just don’t think this bloke is the right one.

Happy to be proved wrong though of course.

Unread 06-07-2022, 09:03 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Would be a great signing for nowt.

Unread 06-07-2022, 09:08 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Bring him home...

Unread 06-07-2022, 09:14 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Would be a great signing for nowt.
Would be great on the cheap but that’s the problem imo, he’d be on ridiculous wages on a long term contract and also want a massive signing on fee no doubt.

Unread 08-07-2022, 08:54 AM
saffers

The arguments for signing this man are stacking up

Unread 08-07-2022, 09:03 AM
Vedder

Bit of a luxury player. When he’s fit he’s a magician

Unread 08-07-2022, 09:09 AM
windy waffles

Do not want.

Unread 08-07-2022, 09:18 AM
Sapien

Exactly the type of signing we shouldn't be making.

Unread 08-07-2022, 09:22 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Bit of a luxury player. When he’s fit he’s a magician
Closed Thread