United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2023, 09:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's the type of player who can rise to a challenge. The lack of improvement at wh and england was that he was allowed play within himself. He needs to be challenged.

Look what arteta did with xhaka.

We should've bought him years ago. Hopefully it goes wrong for him at arsenal but that's wistful.
Another one Ole wanted that the board couldn't deliver..

Unread 17-07-2023, 09:38 PM
Sparky***

He a very very good player, he'll be a fantastic signing for them - he's capable of so much more than he's shown for a horrendously negative West Ham side. He'll grow as a player too playing in a team that has the ball the majority of the game and looks to impose themselves as opposed to sitting back and trying to soak up pressure.

105 million is ridiculous though, but that was always going to be the going rate for midfielders now since chelsea coughed up as much for Enzo Fernandez. The market rate always gets decided by the top end. Brighton will want as much for Caicedo etc etc. If you can get your hands on a decent centre mid now for less than 80 million you'll have done well.

Unread 17-07-2023, 10:29 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Arteta says more signings on the way.

£200m spent so far...

How is this not breaching FFP?

Unread 17-07-2023, 10:45 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He a very very good player, he'll be a fantastic signing for them - he's capable of so much more than he's shown for a horrendously negative West Ham side. He'll grow as a player too playing in a team that has the ball the majority of the game and looks to impose themselves as opposed to sitting back and trying to soak up pressure.

105 million is ridiculous though, but that was always going to be the going rate for midfielders now since chelsea coughed up as much for Enzo Fernandez. The market rate always gets decided by the top end. Brighton will want as much for Caicedo etc etc. If you can get your hands on a decent centre mid now for less than 80 million you'll have done well.
Personally i think they are some gems inthe French league that just aren’t known yet.

It’s a shame all of our scouts are probably at NEC vs Feyenoord reserves games

Unread 17-07-2023, 11:19 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Personally i think they are some gems inthe French league that just aren’t known yet.

So this is again a dig at the manager. You've probably run out of ideas for the wum at this stage so slating a manager who's doing everything right is your last throw of the dice. You think there might be some undiscovered gems in the French league, yeah? Wow, what a reach that is What next, there's some 17 year olds that will maybe, one day, become good players? Ffs. Boring. Log out.

Unread 17-07-2023, 11:24 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
So this is again a dig at the manager. You've probably run out of ideas for the wum at this stage so slating a manager who's doing everything right is your last throw of the dice. You think there might be some undiscovered gems in the French league, yeah? Wow, what a reach that is What next, there's some 17 year olds that will maybe, one day, become good players? Ffs. Boring. Log out.
So boring yet you are obsessed with the guy. I put him on your ignore lisat and you instantly removed him. You hang on his every word.

You think you are fighting some sort of good fight, it's so demented. Marlo is an annoying guy but he's just stating his opinion it's not some multi-user huge conspriacy.

10 years i've listened to this shit. Get over it.

Unread 17-07-2023, 11:44 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

I’m not sold on the French league. Every time I’ve caught the odd game it’s been of a very poor quality. But then I thought that about the Italian league and their teams made it to the final of every European tournament this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Rice is more than capable of bombing forward. People have it in their heads that he’s a fifth defender but he used to make forward runs all the time. Occasionally he still does but he’s obvious been under instruction from both Moyes and Southgate to prioritise covering the defence. His range of passing is also really underrated.

I think he’ll be a great signing for them and I’m absolutely gutted he’s gone there tbh. He could’ve taken over from Casemiro and been an important part of our midfield for the better part of a decade.

Unread 18-07-2023, 12:57 AM
marlo

Quote:
So boring yet you are obsessed with the guy. I put him on your ignore lisat and you instantly removed him. You hang on his every word.

You think you are fighting some sort of good fight, it's so demented. Marlo is an annoying guy but he's just stating his opinion it's not some multi-user huge conspriacy.

wow. I can't say I am shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’m not sold on the French league. Every time I’ve caught the odd game it’s been of a very poor quality. But then I thought that about the Italian league and their teams made it to the final of every European tournament this year.
that's true. in terms of finishing and the nicer side of the game, they lack quality.

but I tend to like different leagues for different things.

I think a good defensive/industrious midfielder is usually hidden away in French league.
touchemi and camavinga for example. kante etc.

if I want cultured economical midfield technician id go the la Liga.

Unread 18-07-2023, 12:57 AM
armchair

Quote:

wow. I can't say I am shocked.
I think magic is a great guy.

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:15 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

It's 17 years if you count violater

Unread 18-07-2023, 09:39 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's 17 years if you count violater

Anyway, I hope Dec fails to live up to the hype and arsenal miss out on the top 4.
Closed Thread