United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2022, 01:16 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Agreed. But showing prime ajax who always train this way to the second training session he’s had a with a full squad ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It wasn’t a direct comparison you spanner. It was more a case of how it should / will be done.

You’re actually suggesting that elite level premiership players should struggle adapting to passing and moving the ball?

Unread 06-07-2022, 01:23 PM
dunk

They actively switched off and stopped trying mid August last year, will take a while to reacquaint themselves with concentrating and trying tbf.

Unread 06-07-2022, 01:29 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
love how the ajax clips are being compared ffs half of those players have been brought up since 8 playing this way
it was moving around passing the ball the first time...the astonishing thing is that we should be surprised it's novel to our players.

Unread 06-07-2022, 01:37 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

His form tanked last season due to the confidence being completely sapped from the squad under 'Der Gaffer', and also the fact he had to play with a different centre back partner seemingly every week.

Lets not forget, Maguire was one of the top 3 centre backs at Euro 2020. I reckon we see big improvements in him, and several other United players, next season.
He was shitter under your god Solskjaer you moron.

Maguire one of the top 3 centre backs at euro 2020 hahaha, even if you only counted English ones that still wouldnt be true.

He's £#%&!ing shit and will likely not be at the club in 12 months time.

Unread 06-07-2022, 01:47 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

He's f***ing shit and will likely not be at the club in 12 months time.
Stop it, you're getting me excited.

Unread 06-07-2022, 02:22 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
It wasn’t a direct comparison you spanner. It was more a case of how it should / will be done.

You’re actually suggesting that elite level premiership players should struggle adapting to passing and moving the ball?
🤣🤣🤣🤣 new to pure pal?

He’s the human embodiment of a spanner. A total £#%&!ing spanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
your missing the point.

ole more obviously more of a motivator than a Uber tactician.

the way the game is going now so much attention to detail is required.

you can say ole did have tactics but his play definately involved basic instructions to an extent.

if you watch a game, you see pep and kloop going crazy shouting out instructions because their game relies heavily on their respective tactics.
If a player is not the inthe right position they are going crazy.
a player told me years ago about pep losing his hair over things such as if the ball get the a certain area the wide players have to be at a certain spot, if they aren’t he will be livid. I know ole for a fact ole was no where near as detailed and you could tell from his press conferences. It was all enjoy themselves, have fun, sharing nothing tactical. “that’s football”

we sacrificed 3 years in exchange for a culture shift that went too far the other way.

I’ve even seen a few ETH sideline clips and he is cut from the same cloth ironically enough.
The lad is bang on tbf. Absolutely

Quote:
I think we should go with a de gea as captain. no other worthy candidates.
Yep. £#%&! me, it’s the old vic back 🤣🤣🤣

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
De Gea is the least worthy of all candidates. Absolute coward pinned to his line causing problems. Bin.

Give it De Jong or Martinez imo.
De Gea the only player that currently comes out of the squad with any credit. How can you say that? Madness

Unread 06-07-2022, 02:33 PM
dunk

What credit? He’s a cowardly shit.

Unread 06-07-2022, 02:52 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What credit? He’s a cowardly shit.
his distribution isn’t the best and him coming off his line is a concern but he is the least of our many many problems.

our midfield as it stands is pathetic.
we don’t have a striker we all fancy or who ticks 3 out of 5 boxes in terms of what we’d like
our defence has literally no strong points, only possible LB.

I’d say de gea for all his short comings is the only position I’d not look to improve for a season or two.

changing de gea would be like putting a island in perfectly fine kitchen. when you don’t have windows or doors in the entire house.

He is also our longest serving player and for the “in the past crew” saf signed him etc

Unread 06-07-2022, 02:55 PM
windy waffles

Dunk has a very bizarre hatred of DDG.

It's very odd...

I think the majority of the universe that the number 1 position is not something we need to worry about at this time, and is the the least of our worries, but dunk see's it differently.

Unread 06-07-2022, 02:59 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

It's very odd...

I think the majority of the universe that the number 1 position is not something we need to worry about at this time, and is the the least of our worries, but dunk see's it differently.
I do kinda get it though as sometimes late in games it’s scary as you just know he relies on his reflex saves as opposed to coming out , forcing the attacker to make a decision or coming to collect the ball but as we agree we are a mess in literally every position.
His distribution even with him having time is abit mad.

If i supported the top 2....I’d be banging on about how we can’t go into the season with that clown in goal.

Unread 06-07-2022, 03:02 PM
Baron

I think I'd rather have Varane as captain, if he could stay fit the whole season.

World Cup winning, CL, La Liga winner etc - model professional, youngest ever France national team captain.

Just need him on the pitch every week.

Unread 06-07-2022, 03:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
I do kinda get it though as sometimes late in games it’s scary as you just know he relies on his reflex saves as opposed to coming out , forcing the attacker to make a decision or coming to collect the ball but as we agree we are a mess in literally every position.
His distribution even with him having time is abit mad.

If i supported the top 2....I’d be banging on about how we can’t go into the season with that clown in goal.
The whole team is constantly shitting themselves with him behind them, they can’t pass it back to him, they daren’t push on, any ball into the box terrifies them all, when he has the ball at his feet they know there’s a fair chance that the opposition will be in possession and on the attack within moments of releasing it, set pieces the whole team gets pushed back under their own bar because they can’t rely on him to be decisive or offer any presence and everyone knows it. The only time he offers relief is with the odd Worldy reflex stop. It’s like having Darron Gibson first choice because he top corners one from 30 yards every ten games.

Put someone commanding and reliable in now, we improve massively straight away.

I concede that it’s not a priority in the current circumstance, but he should be on £#%&!ing notice. The fact he gets a pass despite being abject for the 3 years prior to last season, in which he was admittedly somewhat improved, £#%&!s me right off.

Unread 06-07-2022, 03:17 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

It's very odd...

Why is it odd? He’s a stay on the line whisky beard stroking chuck some in regularly bad distribution @#%&!

Unread 06-07-2022, 10:32 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
Just hope, because it may take a few games to make his system's work, that the British ABU media (and some United fans) don't completely hang Erik.
ETH gets a free pass. He’s obviously a top coach with great credentials from ajax.

If they finish 6th , it’s on the players . (Unless obviously he does something dumb like play Jones and tuanzebe as the main CB partners)

But In all honesty , he can only be judged when he’s had atleast 12 months training these bastards and his own team. That looks like it will take 2-3 windows.

Hopefully we just see improvement that he can build upon . Obviously you want them to challenge for the title but if he gets top 4 it will be a success, even though Man Utd shouldn’t see that as one .

Unread 06-07-2022, 10:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
ETH gets a free pass. He’s obviously a top coach with great credentials from ajax.

If they finish 6th , it’s on the players . (Unless obviously he does something dumb like play Jones and tuanzebe as the main CB partners)

But In all honesty , he can only be judged when he’s had atleast 12 months training these bastards and his own team. That looks like it will take 2-3 windows.

Hopefully we just see improvement that he can build upon . Obviously you want them to challenge for the title but if he gets top 4 it will be a success, even though Man Utd shouldn’t see that as one .
3rd and a domestic cup ?

Fancy it ?............. TWICI

Unread 06-07-2022, 10:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
3rd and a domestic cup ?

Fancy it ?............. TWICI
As shit as this team is. I’d expect them to make europa final as a minimum. Heads need to role, more so than the current shit list ( squad players not management) if they can’t make the final atleast

Unread 06-07-2022, 10:52 PM
atticusgrinch

Getting in his players to water down the shit@#%&!ery is so important.

If we can get Dongers, The Argie and Antony to go with the little heart attack fella and the left back, that's half a team. Nearly.

Hopefully Erik will get a free hand to banish the turds if they play up now Woodward is but a memory.

I'm hopeful.

Unread 06-07-2022, 11:26 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
If we can get anywhere like this and play out of the back then I’ll be happier. Can I see Harry pinging it about like this? Naah

https://twitter.com/theeuropeanlad/s...XrzbSbvuM_vgvw
I hope they film the United squad trying that bottom drill. Comedy gold.
Closed Thread