United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Someone needs to remind Rummenigge

Who won the war.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...+at+Hargreaves

Does that even make sense? My brain is destroyed.

Unread 15-12-2006, 02:55 PM
antonin jablonsky

Why are they so desperate to keep such an "average" player who they've already replaced with a better player, who can't get in the team anyway and who there are far better players than around for a quarter of the money they'd get for him? Makes no sense.

Unread 15-12-2006, 02:59 PM
carlosartorial

They know that we are daft enough to pay them £20M for him if they hold out long enough.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
They know that we are daft enough to pay them £20M for him if they hold out long enough.
We were willing to pay that in the summer.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:02 PM
armchair

whaley was right - it's stupid pride more than anything.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

It was 60 £#%&!ing years ago, build a bridge Karl and get over it.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:08 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
We were willing to pay that in the summer.
Were we? My mistake. I presumed we would do our usual 'verbally agree £20M+ then fax through an offer for £12M and hope they fail to notice' thang.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
whaley was right - it's stupid pride more than anything.
Yes, let's just say it's gotten personal.

Uli Hoeness:

"I would advise him to keep his mouth shut now or else I will get really angry and that won't be very good for him. I simply can't understand why he keeps going on about it after the two talks we had.

"He will not be allowed to leave and he must learn to accept the decisions of his bosses. That is simply a question of respect."

They and the Bayern fans are pretty surprised at how little respect Hargreaves has shown them. They're an arrogant bunch at the best of times, let alone when they think someone is taking the piss out of them.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Whalefish

Uli Hoeness is a fat jabber who eats too much and loves the sound of his own voice.

Still, I'll send someone a fiver if Hargreaves signs in January. Or next Summer for that matter. They aren't selling IMO.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:16 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yes, let's just say it's gotten personal.

Uli Hoeness:

"I would advise him to keep his mouth shut now or else I will get really angry and that won't be very good for him. I simply can't understand why he keeps going on about it after the two talks we had.

"He will not be allowed to leave and he must learn to accept the decisions of his bosses. That is simply a question of respect."

They and the Bayern fans are pretty surprised at how little respect Hargreaves has shown them. They're an arrogant bunch at the best of times, let alone when they think someone is taking the piss out of them.
I simply don't understand why they'd want to keep a player so intent on leaving.

It smacks of being nothing other than stubborn. It's gone beyond how important he is to them etc.

How far would they go with it?

If Hargreaves said a giant £#%&! you to them and said that he hates the club and all they stand for, would they still want him to play?

I know I wouldn't if I was a Bayern Munich fan.

The move won't happen because Hargreaves isn't being aggressive enough. He hasn't even put in a transfer request. He's allowing Bayern to bully him.

If he simply said that he's refusing to play then they'd have to cash in.

It's not going to happen. If it didn't happen this summer then I see no reason why it would happen in 30 days when the player isn't even fit.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:21 PM
S/Side.Red

To be fair - they're perfectly entitled to feel the way they do.

They brought Hargreaves through the youth setup and made him the player he is today. Less than a year ago he signed a long-term deal to stay there, and talked about his future being with the club.

Then something better comes along and when they say they don't want to sell - he ignores them and tries to force the move through the media.

They tell him that he staying and not to talk to the media, so Hargreaves does an interview on English tv underlining how desperate he is to leave the club, and says he doesn't really care if the Bayern fans don't like him.

This would be described as the actions of a @#%&! if it were an academy-produced United player.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:27 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
To be fair - they're perfectly entitled to feel the way they do.

They brought Hargreaves through the youth setup and made him the player he is today. Less than a year ago he signed a long-term deal to stay there, and talked about his future being with the club.

Then something better comes along and when they say they don't want to sell - he ignores them and tries to force the move through the media.

They tell him that he staying and not to talk to the media, so Hargreaves does an interview on English tv underlining how desperate he is to leave the club, and says he doesn't really care if the Bayern fans don't like him.

This would be described as the actions of a @#%&! if it were an academy-produced United player.
Yeah, from a Bayern perspective he is being a @#%&!.

It's not what Bayern are saying is wrong, but once he expresses this then why would you want to keep him.

It's a bit like refusing your wife a divorce out of principle. Sure, it'll make you look morally centred, but would you really want to stay married to her?....

(ok, not the best example, but you get my point)

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Yeah, from a Bayern perspective he is being a @#%&!.

It's not what Bayern are saying is wrong, but once he expresses this then why would you want to keep him.

It's a bit like refusing your wife a divorce out of principle. Sure, it'll make you look morally centred, but would you really want to stay married to her?....

(ok, not the best example, but you get my point)
Sure, although remember the amount of people saying we should turn down the Obi Mikel money and let him rot in the reserves on principle.

Most clubs won't do that, but Bayern may be different. Hoeness is an egotistical tosser, and may well be that stubborn.

It may ultimately come down to how Hargreaves does for them when he returns from injury. If he comes back and refuses to play or displays a lack of effort - they may have no choice but to let him go. Knowing them, though, I still wouldn't put it past them to make him suffer.

I know if it happened with one of our players - plenty of the fans would be in the "£#%&! him - don't let him get what he wants after he's taken the piss" side of things.

We'll just have to wait and see. If we are to get him - I hope it's in January as we could really do with another body in the midfield for the title push.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

Yup and in this case you think your wife is shit and already have a better replacement lined up but still you won't grant the divorce out of pride. Makes perfect sense.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:41 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Sure, although remember the amount of people saying we should turn down the Obi Mikel money and let him rot in the reserves on principle.

Most clubs won't do that, but Bayern may be different. Hoeness is an egotistical tosser, and may well be that stubborn.

It may ultimately come down to how Hargreaves does for them when he returns from injury. If he comes back and refuses to play or displays a lack of effort - they may have no choice but to let him go. Knowing them, though, I still wouldn't put it past them to make him suffer.

I know if it happened with one of our players - plenty of the fans would be in the "£#%&! him - don't let him get what he wants after he's taken the piss" side of things.

We'll just have to wait and see. If we are to get him - I hope it's in January as we could really do with another body in the midfield for the title push.
I know what you mean. It's a natural reaction to say '£#%&! it, let him rot'.

That's pride £#%&!in with you!

But, when the reality sets in, it becomes clear that it'll benefit you more to swallow your pride and £#%&! him off.

If Mikel is a pointer, it all worked out well for us in the end.

Like I say though, I don't think Hargreaves is aggressive enough. I don't think he will do any of the things you suggest. He seems to have an attitude of saying his bit and then seeing where it gets him. Not really asserting himself and being happy to play for Bayern if that's how it pans out.

William Gallas has the right idea. He refused to play for Chelsea and threatened them. So hostile was this, that he had to be sold.

It can't be good for team morale. It can't be good for potential Bayern targets (they make it seem like a prison) and it can't be good financially.

It doesn't benefit anyone.

The whole affair has been handled terrible. Hargreaves needs to try and get on the front foot and turn Bayern's hostility against them, but I don't think he will.

All this would've happened by now, surely. We seem to be going round in circles.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yup and in this case you think your wife is shit and already have a better replacement lined up but still you won't grant the divorce out of pride. Makes perfect sense.
Maybe a better way to put it in this strange concept would be if you had 20 wives, and one of your long-term ones told you she's been seeing someone else, wants a divorce so she can marry them and she doesn't give a £#%&! what you think. She also tells everyone who will listen how much she wants shot of you.

And you tell her that you may have agreed if she'd asked nicely and been a lady about it, but now she's acted like a tart and disrespected you - she isn't getting shit.

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Whalefish

Mr Hargreaves would like a move to Utd (or any of the top 4 Premiership sides for that matter), but he'll be happy to stay at Munich. That's about the sum of it at the moment.

We'll continue pursuing him as it looks like we're trying to sign a much needed midfielder but those nasty Germans just won't sell. Fact is we're a bit broke. Tbh Gill et al would probably shit it if Munich turned around and said fine, you can have him.

Where do we get the money from now? Who to sell etc?

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Maybe a better way to put it in this strange concept would be if you had 20 wives, and one of your long-term ones told you she's been seeing someone else, wants a divorce so she can marry them and she doesn't give a £#%&! what you think. She also tells everyone who will listen how much she wants shot of you.

And you tell her that you may have agreed if she'd asked nicely and been a lady about it, but now she's acted like a tart and disrespected you - she isn't getting shit.
So in your opinion there is no chance that the reason Bayern don't want to sell Hargreaves is that he is actually a very good player who isintegral to their team and who they don't think they can replace? See that is the case in 99% of the cases where a club don't want to sell a player but in order for it to be true oin this case somne very good judges would be calling Hargreaves a very good player which we can't have can we. Therefore we have to attribute motives that make no sense to Bayern instead .

Unread 15-12-2006, 03:48 PM
jem

Quote:
you're right. and we'd want to get rid pronto.
Closed Thread