United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:24 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you haven't really got the hang of this invisible writing thing yet, have you? see if you can work it out from this. :0)
what invisible writing?

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
what invisible writing?
I have no idea.

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:39 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uztyeknom
get your matches out then

'useless @#%&!' my £#%&!ing arse
Ask a West Ham fan.

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Whalefish

Oh, for what it's worth I think we could do a lot worse Bodmer and/or Makoun. The former has been superb for Lille this season and I have no doubts that Makoun could do the 'Hargreaves' job just as well.

Lille won't sell IMO, well not until the Summer but either would be worth a shout in January although I don't think they'd come cheap. Failing that Luka Modric at Dinamo Zagreb. Likes a dip from range too and has a pretty decent goalscoring record from midfield.

Unread 14-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Ask a West Ham fan.
I was talking to a West ham fan who seems like he knows his stuff, and he said he'd hate to see Reo Coker go and blames the mess this season on the board who have forced the Argies on Pardew which has disrupted the (itwouldseem fragile) team spirit.

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
what invisible writing?
you didn't attempt it in this thread, but in a previous one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I have no idea.
clearly. I think that was my point. white shows up on a blue background, dumbass. see? literally? this bit shows up. but this bit doesn't. :0)

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Father Christmas

this invisible writing thing is very feminine

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:18 PM
jem

Default by feminine

you mean you don't understand it and don't really have any experience with it, you've just heard other people talking about it?

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:21 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
this saga is nothing more than a waste of time.
which is the whole point of the chase.

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you didn't attempt it in this thread, but in a previous one.

clearly. I think that was my point. white shows up on a blue background, dumbass. see? literally? this bit shows up. but this bit doesn't. :0)
If nobody can see it then where's the fun.

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:30 PM
jem

Quote:
If nobody can see it then where's the fun.
um.... if everyone can see it, what's the point? dumbass!

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
which is the whole point of the chase.
That is my fear.

It's never been on from the moment United pissed Bayern off.
They may have been willing to sell him initially (as he's not really that good and they could replace him easily) but once we started treating them like Fulham and getting the player to cause a fuss - we £#%&!ed them off big time.

They don't need to sell him, and will now probably hold on to him purely on principle.

I also have no doubt he'd be kicking up just the same amount of fuss if it were Chelsea or Liverpool who were after him, too. He's never stated a preference for United before; we're just the only mugs willing to offer good money for the overrated @#%&!.

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:33 PM
jem

Default if hargreaves is so shit

and could be easily replaced, bayern are making a very expensive point. I prefer to believe that it is about price, not stature.

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I was talking to a West ham fan who seems like he knows his stuff, and he said he'd hate to see Reo Coker go and blames the mess this season on the board who have forced the Argies on Pardew which has disrupted the (itwouldseem fragile) team spirit.
Not the opinion I've heard from a few. I've heard he was only decent in patches last year and has been poor in general this year.

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
and could be easily replaced, bayern are making a very expensive point. I prefer to believe that it is about price, not stature.
If he's so shit how come so many of Germanys top football people rate him so highly is a question I'd ask. Why they so unwilling to gouge us for £20 million seeing as they can replace him with far better players such as Nolan or Reo-Coker for half that?

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:46 PM
jem

Quote:
If he's so shit how come so many of Germanys top football people rate him so highly is a question I'd ask. Why they so unwilling to gouge us for £20 million seeing as they can replace him with far better players such as Nolan or Reo-Coker for half that?
do I get another 10 points for "is it because reo-coker doesn't have family in munich?" :0)

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I disagree. Even though Gill said that they hadn't actually got to the negotiating table yet, I reckon they know what each other value the player at and they're probably not far apart.

A deal may well have been quite close at one stage, and maybe only relied on Bayern finding a replacement. However, at some point we've £#%&!ed them off; now I think we've lost him because Bayern are a club more than happy to keep Hargreaves on principle.

Whalefish is spot on. They feel deeply offended that we'd treat them like a club that hasn't won more European cups than us; and more domestic trophies in recent years.

They are a big club, and are run by hugely arrogant individuals. They are used to being by far the most powerful and dominating club when it comes to the domestic scene. They will probably keep him on a matter of pride.

Quote:
I didn't say he was shit. When I say "not that good" I mean to be turning down good money when he wants to leave.

But here's a question: If he is as good as you/United seem to think - why has he struggled to nail down an automatic place in the Bayern side over the last couple of seasons?

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:51 PM
jem

Default one-word answer (15 points)

injury.

Unread 14-12-2006, 03:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
injury.
Also the small problem of Martin Demichelis being a bit better than him.

The amount of times I've seen him on the bench for them, or played at right-back, or played on the right of midfield.

Unread 14-12-2006, 04:01 PM
jem

Default so what you're saying is

he's shit and has been replaced already?!

bloody hell. and they're refusing to sell in a fit of pique?

ok, whatever.
Closed Thread