United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default So has Fergie decided on his 'keeper signing for this summer?

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...ed+with+keeper

Manchester United have reportedly joined the chase for Independiente goalkeeper Oscar Ustari.

Reports in Argentina suggest United have expressed an interest in the highly-rated keeper and that a club official has travelled to South America to hold talks with Independiente.

Ustari is regarded as one of the best young prospects in South America and has reportedly attracted interest from the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

United are now believed to be hoping to steal a march on their rivals by luring Ustari to Old Trafford.

Independiente president Julio Comparada says he has not had any contact with United regarding Ustari, but admitted they could consider any offer for the player.

"I have heard in the radio what has been said about that Manchester United are interested in our goalkeeper but I haven't received any offer yet," Comparada told the Argentine press.

"Maybe someone has got in touch with the player. We aren't doing anything for selling him because we aren't currently in a financial hurry.

"Anyway, if there is a proposal that is very interesting for the player and the club then we will analyse it."

Comparada is aware a number of clubs are chasing Ustari, but he insists Independiente are in no rush to sell their prized asset.

"We know that there are many European teams interested in our keeper but until we receive an official offer we can't say anything," added Comparada.

"And if there is an offer, we will see if we will accept it and if the team interested wants to pay what we want for the player.

"I think that the only way that we could sell Ustari is if it's real that Manchester United wants him because I am sure that any player would like to play there."

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Whalefish

If true - and it's a bif if - we're pushing our luck aren't we? Two work permit appeals in one Summer under the 'special talent' ruling.

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Skag Trendy

Thats story is a load of shit.

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
If true - and it's a bif if - we're pushing our luck aren't we? Two work permit appeals in one Summer under the 'special talent' ruling.
It just makes me laugh that we can't seem to go a year without bringing in a 'keeper, they do realise you can only play one at a time?

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Thats story is a load of shit.
Probably, if it appears in the Star, that'll be confirmed.

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:38 AM
King Schlong

Here's another article about us going in for this lad.

Its from saturday and it needs translating if anybody can be arsed, because i certainly can not.

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2007/06...es/d-06401.htm

Don't know £#%&!all about him personally, never seen him play but i will say this.......He's class on FM07

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:53 AM
sharath

Quote:
big if, with barcelona around.

if we get him, he is better than any we have currently including foster.

neither will we get work permit under special talent rule as he has done anything of notice at the club level. Its generally difficult to get work permit for defenders or goal keepers saying special talent rule.

so safely we can say he will end up at barcelona or argentinian paradise that is Inter.

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:55 AM
n48

We need Gordon from Hearts.

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath

if we get him, he is better than any we have currently including foster.

Eh? On what are you basing this assessment?

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
We need Gordon from Hearts.
Do we? Do we really NEED Craig Gordon?

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
No.

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:58 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
To be fair, Ustari is incredibly highly-rated, with more pedegree than one good season with the worst team in the league.

Unread 12-06-2007, 11:02 AM
n48

Quote:
Yes we flipping well do. I'm still not convinced Foster has the mentality to play for a big club in pressure situations. Gordon is proven at international level too.

Unread 12-06-2007, 11:03 AM
sharath

Quote:
what Side red said.

don't mistake me bedders I like foster very much and you must have read my posts about his showings for watford which were brilliant. I very much wanted foster to be no 1 rather than van der sar.

But Utsari, whenever I have watched looks to have the potential to be very best. He is like Casillas without the errors.

Unread 12-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Yes we flipping well do. I'm still not convinced Foster has the mentality to play for a big club in pressure situations. Gordon is proven at international level too.
On a free contract next Summer isn't he?

Unread 12-06-2007, 11:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
To be fair, Ustari is incredibly highly-rated, with more pedegree than one good season with the worst team in the league.
Really? 2 seasons in Argentina? I'd hardly say that's any pedigree at all.

Unread 12-06-2007, 11:06 AM
sharath

Quote:
On a free contract next Summer isn't he?
I thought he renewed?

Unread 12-06-2007, 11:08 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Really? 2 seasons in Argentina? I'd hardly say that's any pedigree at all.
Member of Argentina's FIFA U-17 World Championship side.

Member of Argentina's under-20 Fifa World Youth Championship winning side.

Two years as first choice of one of South America's biggest clubs.

Still only 20. That's decent pedigree for someone of his age.

Compare that to Foster, who most people had not heard of until last season, when he had a good year for the worst team in the top division.

Unread 12-06-2007, 11:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

I don't get this Foster written off despite a superb PL season yet some kid with a coupla seasons in a rather mediocre Argie league has more pedigree? Or some Jock player? What's the issue with Foster, as far as I can tell, he's done everything you could ask of him?

Unread 12-06-2007, 11:09 AM
punk_football

I always sign him on Football Manager, motwyw

From the clips ive seen, he looks a good quality keeper
Closed Thread