United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Rhodzy

Didn't he celebrate with Becks when we won the title?
Has anyone got a link to that?

Unread 10-06-2007, 06:52 AM
borsuk

ruud was not playing well for us and there was no queue of clubs lining up to bid. it looks like he's worked hard and is playing much better now - great - but remember he was actually quite poor at the start of his madrid career. the move has revitalised his career and the spanish league suits him, but don't make out he was playing well in his last season at ot. he wasn't, and every coach in europe could see it.

Unread 10-06-2007, 08:24 AM
withoutkillinganyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Didn't he celebrate with Becks when we won the title?
Has anyone got a link to that?
i wouldn't exactly say celebrate but he was very happy about it, becks was doing a press conference, and when the chelsea game ended and we were certain to be champs ruud ran into the press conference abd just shouted 2manchester, manchester" with a big smile on his face. he was clearly happy for the team, there was a link floating about somewhere, dunno if i an find it.

i agree about our selling procedure, i mean even if you look at the sale of phil neville, he was a bargain for everton, we took a big hit on diego, look at him now, even jones went to derby for a lot less than he was worth,

then on the other side, we got 17 mill for veron, and may be gettin 7mill for heinze.

10 million for ruud, wasnt enough, no matter what anyone says, you wont buy a guaranteed 25 goal a season player for 10 million anywhere these days

but.... he's gone, we've won the title, he should as should becks, all parties happy, im delighted for both players, more so for becks,

red legend, well done becks

Unread 10-06-2007, 08:32 AM
monkey

Default Thanks for the offer

Arrogant selfish horse-faced @#%&!.

Unread 10-06-2007, 09:22 AM
1MUFC

No reason at, all, why he shouldn’t have gone for 30m +

Unread 10-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

The reason he went for 10m was because as is to often, United's business is made far too public by the parasites tabloids, so buyers knew he was available.
To think Sheva cost three times Ruud's price.

Unread 10-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
but we sold him far too cheap.

Madrid got a £#%&!ing bargain for one of Europe's most prolific strikers.

Why do we always pay well over the odds when we buy a player and when we sell a player we don't get shit for them?
I bet you werent saying this last May. He was finished at our place. Immobile, sullen, spoilt, distracted - the list is endless. One of the best things Fergie ever did. I used to love Ruud but I would fancy myself to get into double figures in that league. But then again I am a goal machine. In all seriousness the defences are absolutely woeful in la liga and as has been alluded to on here numerous times...Look at Diego's record out there. Its a £#%&!ing joke. We did well to get 10 million for Ruud.

Unread 10-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutkillinganyone
i wouldn't exactly say celebrate but he was very happy about it, becks was doing a press conference, and when the chelsea game ended and we were certain to be champs ruud ran into the press conference abd just shouted 2manchester, manchester" with a big smile on his face. he was clearly happy for the team, there was a link floating about somewhere, dunno if i an find it.

i agree about our selling procedure, i mean even if you look at the sale of phil neville, he was a bargain for everton, we took a big hit on diego, look at him now, even jones went to derby for a lot less than he was worth,

then on the other side, we got 17 mill for veron, and may be gettin 7mill for heinze.

10 million for ruud, wasnt enough, no matter what anyone says, you wont buy a guaranteed 25 goal a season player for 10 million anywhere these days

but.... he's gone, we've won the title, he should as should becks, all parties happy, im delighted for both players, more so for becks,

red legend, well done becks
You absoulte pillock. Both average players. Jones cant even get in the Derby team, he is a lump of shit. Yeah look at Diego now...useless bastard. I bet you were one of those guys at school who used to bring the football everyday but was a £#%&!ing joke. You remind me of a young Brian Horton. nft

Unread 10-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_Tier2
id take him back tomorra
you wouldn't Stan

Unread 10-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
The reason he went for 10m was because as is to often, United's business is made far too public by the parasites tabloids, so buyers knew he was available.
To think Sheva cost three times Ruud's price.
Parasite tabloids?

That we wanted rid was so clear because RVN had behaved like a slapped arse all season, stormed off the pitch at Cardiff, bullied Ronaldo and was subsequently dropped for the last game of the season and went home in a huff.

Not to mention woeful, half-arsed performances such as the one at Anfield in the cup.

His agent had been trying to sell him to Spain for years, and he'd been taking Spanish lessons for years too.

A cynic might think he was trying to force Fergie's hand with his behaviour.

Unread 10-06-2007, 11:51 AM
puressence

Quote:
i would

loved the man

one of my best united players over last few years
BEST GOALSCORER WE ARE LIKELY TO EVER SEE

Unread 10-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
i would

loved the man

one of my best united players over last few years
One of the best United players between 2001 and 2003.

He lost something after those years and increasingly appeared to be going through the motions.

His last year at United he was a disgrace.

Unread 10-06-2007, 11:53 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
One of the best United players between 2001 and 2003.

He lost something after those years and increasingly appeared to be going through the motions.

His last year at United he was a disgrace.
and he still bagged 25 plus with no £#%&!ing midfield

Unread 10-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
and he still bagged 25 plus with no £#%&!ing midfield
He will always score goals, but what changed from his first 2 or 3 seasons was back then he used to chase players down and put defenders under pressure. He was simply immense, and scored more goals into the bargain.

As seasons passed the goals got less by the year (or at least that's how it seemed to me), and he increasingly saw his role as simply waiting in the 18 yard box for someone to put a ball on a plate for him. That made United predictable and boring, and led to RVN thinking he was bigger than the team, giving Ronaldo shite on and off the pitch, whilst his agent touted him around Spain.

2005 he put a transfer request in the day before the Cup Final... a Cup Final which he cost us by missing about 5 sitters...

If anyone was sad to see him go last season, the football we played this year and the fact we won the league should have seen to that regardless of how well he is doing in Spain.

He couldn't be arsed for us last year.

Unread 10-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
due to 4-5-1 you daft dick

still bagged enough goals even tho ferie persisted with ridicuolous tactics

never known a united striker so prolific in my life time
Enough goals? Enough goals for what? We only won one title with him playing.

Oh, let's blame 4-5-1. That tired, old chestnut. Nothing to do with his own slapped-arse attitude and laziness? Course not.

Unread 10-06-2007, 12:17 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
BEST GOALSCORER WE ARE LIKELY TO EVER SEE

Agreed.

As I said yesterday, he makes it look easy...which shows how £#%&!ing great he is.

The comment earlier in the thread along the lines of "I'd score 30 goals in La Liga because the defending is so shit" is frankly ridiculous.
The Forlan comparison is stupid as well because very often an 'ordinary' striker will have a great season in any league.
I think the commentator's said last night that Ruud has now scored in 7 or 8 consecutive League games..the first time that's been done in 20 odd years. When you think of the strikers that have graced La Liga in that time that says everything about the man.
He did something similar for us in his first season too. I can't remember the number of games, but he scored at Old Trafford against Blackburn to set a new English 'consecutive goals in games' record.
Not to mention his 48 goals in 50 Champions League games or something staggering like that.
The finished 'horse faced @#%&!'

All the Ruud haters are like a criminal hanging on to a flimsy alibi that has been dismantled at every turn by the prosecution lawyer.
Ruud is the best out & out striker in Europe.

Unread 10-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
so he didnt play his part in the number of goals?

it takes a team to win titles

not just 1 player which we effectively became........ no one else pulling their weight
We got rid of RVN and won the league. No amount of shite you talk can get away from that.

Unread 10-06-2007, 12:21 PM
legendary saf

Thumbs up

Quote:
We got rid of RVN and won the league. No amount of shite you talk can get away from that.

Unread 10-06-2007, 12:22 PM
notrightnow

Quote:
its become trendy to slate ruud

he was amazing for us
And he's been great for Real.

But we've been amazing without him and that makes it a good deal all round. Bargain for them, the right timing for us (and that was worth a lot)

Unread 10-06-2007, 12:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
That's true, but it was in no way thanks to our strikers (apart from Rooney)
Smith & Ole were in&out due to returning from serious injury ...& Saha was as frustratingly unavailable as ever.
His attitude & commitment post-Newcastle away on January 1st was appalling.

Maybe it's the case that Ruud simply didn't fit in at the Club anymore - style of play, relationship with fellow players etc.. I'd go along with that.
But, we haven't replaced him with anyone in his league.

Why the bad feeling towards the guy??...I don't get it

I'm not suggesting we should get him back by any means, but to question his ability is ridiculous. He is a goalmachine...& a very good footballer as well.
Closed Thread