United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2007, 10:37 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckled Sod
How can pure have an opinion on any sport?

Fat @#%&!s only ever ran for the Ice Cream Van.
Another great, well thought out reply.

£#%&! me, you're on fire!

Unread 02-05-2007, 10:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we'd played two strikers, pushed forwards and got picked off, I would prefer that. at least we'd have played our game, naive and exciting though it may be (depending on how you look at it).

fergie should have known that our defence was not up for an exam. our only hope was to keep the ball down the other end.
My point exactly.

Unread 02-05-2007, 10:43 PM
TreeFiddy

Anyone ever considered that Fergie's gameplan was wrecked within a few minutes when our players looked scared and nervous and Milan came flying out the blocks. From then on there was only going to be one winner.

Unread 02-05-2007, 10:47 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
did milan play 4-4-2?
yes, as always you £#%&!ing no nothing #@&%!

oh, and got your car yet? if so, west ham, drive up and watch your teeth come out of your arse you £#%&!ing #@&%!

Unread 02-05-2007, 10:47 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Anyone ever considered that Fergie's gameplan was wrecked within a few minutes when our players looked scared and nervous and Milan came flying out the blocks. From then on there was only going to be one winner.
So, we could see that, why couldn't Alex?

Why didn't he change things?If you're getting outplayed and not getting a sniff of the ball, surely it's obvious that a new formation might make a difference.

Unread 02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Ed Sullivan

what the £#%&! does feries door look like

Unread 02-05-2007, 11:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Milan knew we had a severe weakness defensively, and they exploited it well. They could have remained patient and took their time, but they knew that time to settle would have been just what our defenders were looking for to ease their nerves. By going for the kill early, they got the crowd going and it proved too much for such a fragile back four.

I think the match was won in the first twenty minutes. After that the confidence in the Milan side was so high and the panic in our defence spread through our side; there was only ever going to be one winner. There was little Fergie could do. He didn't have the subs and there wasn't much room to move with regard to formation.

Unread 03-05-2007, 06:39 AM
keane Roy

I am not going to read all of this thread but, pure you are a #@&%! we have gotten to the last 4 of the champions league and were beaten by a fantastic football team you can't win every game and you can't blame it on fergie. Would you have done any better pure? nope thought not. Top of the league, semi final of the CL and the FA cup final and you are giving fergie shit? you must be one of those JCL's who doesn't understand how good united have got it. Get a £#%&!ing life.

Unread 03-05-2007, 07:32 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by keane Roy
I am not going to read all of this thread but, pure you are a #@&%! we have gotten to the last 4 of the champions league and were beaten by a fantastic football team you can't win every game and you can't blame it on fergie. Would you have done any better pure? nope thought not. Top of the league, semi final of the CL and the FA cup final and you are giving fergie shit? you must be one of those JCL's who doesn't understand how good united have got it. Get a £#%&!ing life.
yeah im a jcl .not been going since 1978 ...

fergie beyond any form of criticism .. £#%&!ing joke ,like its been said we should have played our normal game ..the players were like £#%&!ing rabbits infront of car headlights .. we offered £#%&! all there keeper had £#%&! all to do . and with 20 minutes left he brings on a @#%&! with no %@#$&!s and leaves smith (although incredibly ltd) maybe would have offerd alot more than £#%&!ing saha ..

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

The only criticism I'd have of Fergie last night was he made the substitution far too late and then got it wrong. I think the result though was more the result of a number of circumstances rather than his fault.
Our defence was just not right, we lacked our 2 most experienced players and best orgainisers in there and Milan exploited that superbly.
We gave the ball away constantly, you can't even start to try and win a match that way and that isn't the managers fault, it's the players
We are tired, we've had so many games recently and have had so many injuries we just didn't have the energy that a well rested Milan team did.
Milan are a good experienced side who played very well.

Now rather than engage in Fergie slating why not enjoy the fact that we are gonna win he leagueand possibly a double.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Stretters

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
The only criticism I'd have of Fergie last night was he made the substitution far too late and then got it wrong. I think the result though was more the result of a number of circumstances rather than his fault.
Our defence was just not right, we lacked our 2 most experienced players and best orgainisers in there and Milan exploited that superbly.
We gave the ball away constantly, you can't even start to try and win a match that way and that isn't the managers fault, it's the players
We are tired, we've had so many games recently and have had so many injuries we just didn't have the energy that a well rested Milan team did.
Milan are a good experienced side who played very well.

Now rather than engage in Fergie slating why not enjoy the fact that we are gonna win he leagueand possibly a double.

Because in some peoples eyes no matter what that man does or achieves with us it will never be enough.

WHo at the start of the season could even imagine we would be in the position we are in now

Bring on Shitty

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretters
WHo at the start of the season could even imagine we would be in the position we are in now
Not me, if you'd have offered me our current situation in August, I'd have bitten your hand off and nibbled at your arm stump.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Stretters

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not me, if you'd have offered me our current situation in August, I'd have bitten your hand off and nibbled at your arm stump.
Exactly

5 Points clear with 3 games to go Final of an FA Cup

Fingers crossed

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:30 AM
The Watcher

I blame Fergie for taking us 5 points clear in the League and getting us to the Cup final. £#%&!ing @#%&!, what the hell does he think he's doing

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Barca '91

You cant blame the manager for the players bottling it and rolling over and dying.

If you cant get yourself bang up for a ECL semi final against AC Milan then theres no help for you I'm afraid.

Our big players never showed up.

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWFW
But the point is, you are always too quick to point one of your fat fingers at Fergie. Do you think he said to Carrick before the game "Michael, I want you to go out there and play your worst 90 minutes since you put on a Red Shirt." Yes, Fergie is partly to blame for being overly defensive, but he can't legislate for that performance.
Then why werent the players properly motivated?

They were probably instructed to 'keep it tight', we 'cant afford them scoring', 'we'll ride out the first half'

Instead of 'this is the greatest stage boys. I dont know about you but Im £#%&!ing buzzing at the thought of you smashing these old men and taking a huge step into the record books to go down as United legends. Beat these, beat city, clinch it at Chelsea, have a party against West Ham. Beat Chelsea again then £#%&! the Scousers. The stage is set - you write the script. But most of all enjoy it'

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Then why werent the players properly motivated?

They were probably instructed to 'keep it tight', we 'cant afford them scoring', 'we'll ride out the first half'

Instead of 'this is the greatest stage boys. I dont know about you but Im £#%&!ing buzzing at the thought of you smashing these old men and taking a huge step into the record books to go down as United legends. Beat these, beat city, clinch it at Chelsea, have a party against West Ham. Beat Chelsea again then £#%&! the Scousers. The stage is set - you write the script. But most of all enjoy it'

It's not Sunday League football.

If the players themselves cant get motivated for games like last night they dont deserve to be wearing the shirt. im not saying that the manager doesnt have to do his bit but £#%&! me...

that said it was a bad day at the office and I was well £#%&!ed off last night but we have to put things into perspective this morning. no doubt the players will feel gutted and hopefully slightly ashamed of themselves for not turning up. they can use that to stuff the citeh this weekend.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:39 AM
violater

come on lads.

lets just except that milan deserved to go through.

no refereeing decisions were wrong.
no cheating milan team.
were were beaten.

we got this far with a good squad playing football we can all be proud of.

we are league champions AGAIN and have a great cup final against chelsea to look forward to....

anyone who wants to blame fergie is an idiot. a £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91

It's not Sunday League football.

If the players themselves cant get motivated for games like last night they dont deserve to be wearing the shirt. im not saying that the manager doesnt have to do his bit but £#%&! me...

that said it was a bad day at the office and I was well £#%&!ed off last night but we have to put things into perspective this morning. no doubt the players will feel gutted and hopefully slightly ashamed of themselves for not turning up. they can use that to stuff the citeh this weekend.
It's about what needs to be done. A manager is there to get the best out of them. If they are not up for it, what are they doing at the club and why are they picked. Is this not Ferguson's responsibility?
If they cannot motivate themselves and Fergie knows this then he should be motivating them. Either way, as the manager, he has to look at his own 'performance'.
The players too, but Ferguson is the 'leader'.

Unread 03-05-2007, 09:43 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
It's about what needs to be done. A manager is there to get the best out of them. If they are not up for it, what are they doing at the club and why are they picked. Is this not Ferguson's responsibility?
If they cannot motivate themselves and Fergie knows this then he should be motivating them. Either way, as the manager, he has to look at his own 'performance'.
The players too, but Ferguson is the 'leader'.
So you think he should be sacked?

What changes would you have made?
Closed Thread