United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics

Knee jerk brigade already changing their tune re: Mourinho and the squad it seems? Bloody hell couple of losses and you really do see people's true colours on here

To think there was some posters on here (me included) who were ridiculed for suggesting "maybe" LvG wasn't entirely to blame for our demise

Now the very same people that said Mourinho would improve cetrain players are bemoaning the lack of quality m/character in the squad; the hypocrisy is frightening

Let's all settle down regardless, still a long way to go and some tough decisions to be made by the manager, but don't write us off just yet
Nobody's writing us off. It's about having realistic expectations. LVG filled the squad with a lot of players who lack the balls to play for manchester united.

We're starting the season very slowly so you'd have to think at some point the team will eventually hit some sort of form. Meanwhile City literally can't do anything wrong, they're winning every game at a canter and the media are lining up suck the manager's #@&%!. Obviously this is going to lead to direct comparisons between the two managers, without realising that both have very different jobs on. The biggest part of Jose's job is going to be instilling some sort of confidence and belief in this squad of absolute £#%&!ing fannies that LvG spent £250m on.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:11 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Was nailed on to happen. Saying the main problem was lack of leadership and that many of the players were not mentally up to it was flagged as an excuse for tactics. Reality is those players won't take us where we need to go. The additions of Pogba and Zlatan are massive because they give us some swagger, but we need people in the back end of the field who talk a bit.
I agree with you for the most part that LvG's signings were absolute turds.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:12 PM
innit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He hasn't struggled five games in. It doesn't mean he won't.
This is Pep Guardiola not Mark Hughes, Roberto Mancini or Manuel Pellegrini.

Not happening.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Saw plenty of swagger last weekend, unfortunately it was those £#%&!ing @#%&!s in the blue doing it.
I thought despite the criticism Pogba did alright. Zlat scored. But we have a defence who don't really talk to each other and nobody with a defensive brain in midfield. For me replacing Carrick was vital this summer.
Mourinho either didn't agree or felt Felli/Schneiderlin were up to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
I agree with you for the most part that LvG's signings were absolute turds.
Which I conceded last season. He got the market largely wrong.

Though the thing that really would improve a couple is leaders on the field, not a new manager.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:14 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by innit

Not happening.
Can't wait 'til the smug @#%&! goes through a bad spell and has the press all over him. Probably creep out the back door again.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

guardiola has quickly given the team a simple structure to dominant the play from and that has inspired his players

it's remarkable tbh and makes me realise how easily he could have done that at united as well...

meanwhile jose needs the players to inspire a team performance while he focuses on the more traditional (and slower) strategy of giving them a solid foundation.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:15 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Not happening.
So Pep will not face any struggles at any stage in this league?

Major spoiler alert. I'm only up to September!!

Sparky***

Quote:
The nerve of Sparky, the nerve!

Remember how much of a woman he was at the end of last season? He was literally gagging for Mourinho to get his hands on the squad and transfer us into world beaters over night, because he shouts from the sidelines with passion

Sparky the type of guy to turn his back on you at the first sign of trouble
"sparky the type of guy" what?

Save that shit for instagram or whatever you £#%&!ing plastic marlo

I never said mourinho would do anything over night because he shouts ffs. Come on. I'm a realist, not a fantasist. You should know that.

VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I thought despite the criticism Pogba did alright. Zlat scored. But we have a defence who don't really talk to each other and nobody with a defensive brain in midfield. For me replacing Carrick was vital this summer.
Mourinho either didn't agree or felt Felli/Schneiderlin were up to it.

Which I conceded last season. He got the market largely wrong.
Absolutely. I said that Pogba wouldn't solve our midfield problems and was told 'if you say so'.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
OK who are the stupid @#%&!s who said Guardiola would struggle in the PL

They are going to win the league and a shitload of other pots while he is here, lets hope he £#%&!s off in 2019.
we're 5 games into a 38 game season.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:18 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
guardiola has quickly given the team a simple structure to dominant the play from and that has inspired his players

it's remarkable tbh and makes me realise how easily he could have done that at united as well...

meanwhile jose needs the players to inspire a team performance while he focuses on the more traditional (and slower) strategy of giving them a solid foundation.
But then what were we doing these last two years? We did dominate the play only we failed to draw any "inspiration" from it and just pissed about. And now we're ripping it up and starting again with what you say is a laborious, time-consuming process, another bloody one, while they're making instant headway on something we wanted to do and made a mess of. It's £#%&!ing sickening.

Billy Redface

Quote:

Winning helps too. They look stronger as the weeks go by. Winning last week would have been huge for them as it was the first proper test (or should have been )

The time to catch them was early on. They were VERY average against Sunderland. Anyone slightly less shit would have taken something off them and suddenly that early giddiness of his appointment could wear off.

All ifs and buts etc, but they navigated some early teething problems with wins and that's given them the confidence and faith in the methods.

innit

Quote:

He might lose the odd one or draw one but it will be just like his 3 years at Bayern.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:19 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
If anything I thought they would struggle during the first few months. I fear they'll only get better as the season goes on.

andyroo

West Brom 4-0

ziggyman17

city won their first 5 league games last season............. and look how it ended up for them, scrapping 4th on goal difference,, if we do our stuff we will be up there competing for the league,, a win tomorrow is needed........

Sparky***

Quote:

Do what? Yeah I reckon he'd have had Rooney playing like De Bruyne in no time.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

i'd say based on the way they're playing, and the standard of this league for the last 5 years or so, there's quite a good chance that any struggles will be isolated and few and far between... have 2 teams ever finished on over 90pts?

dunk

Quote:
The nerve of Sparky, the nerve!

Remember how much of a woman he was at the end of last season? He was literally gagging for Mourinho to get his hands on the squad and transfer us into world beaters over night, because he shouts from the sidelines with passion

Sparky the type of guy to turn his back on you at the first sign of trouble

The squad is far from fully fit and he's still sussing out the players, as much patience required as with LvG imo.

I just find it amusing that everyone assumed he'd walk in and everything would be ok instantly.

utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Every year. Every single season, people are falling over themselves to call it in September. There are always one or two teams that shine early doors -usually City or Arsenal- and the quadruple is rubber stamped. Never learn.
Closed Thread