United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Switching Off

Football Carrick

Could've done with him tonight. Start Sunday?

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Cream

Imagine so, yeah.

Pogba all at sea. Needs a proper midfielder behind him.

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:13 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Could've done with him tonight. Start Sunday?
Gob smacked we didn't start with him tonight. Seems like the ideal partner for Pogba to me.

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Red Santos

Would've been perfect to start him today.

Jose seems dead set on a first choice midfield two of Pogba and Feilaini with Herrera and Schneiderlin as back-up

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Would've been perfect to start him today.

Jose seems dead set on a first choice midfield two of Pogba and Feilaini with Herrera and Schneiderlin as back-up
Schneiderlin is the most disappointing of our recent transfers(bar Di Maria) No obvious technical issues to his game, impressive athlete, but seems to lack the confidence and strength of character to impose himself on games.

Still hoping that Mou can work the oracle with him, not an encouraging start tonight though.

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

Have to say it's surprising Carrick hasn't has a minute this season

I thought he'd still be our first choice defensive midfielder as frankly he's the best one we've got

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:22 PM
jem

carrick could have done with a game under his belt before the w/e, but equally might not have been available if he'd played tonight. you just know the @#%&! will pick fellaini again.

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Schneiderlin is the most disappointing of our recent transfers(bar Di Maria) No obvious technical issues to his game, impressive athlete, but seems to lack the confidence and strength of character to impose himself on games.

Still hoping that Mou can work the oracle with him, not an encouraging start tonight though.
He's a sack of shit.

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He's a sack of shit.
I genuinely thought he would be good here, but it seems he is one of the biggest @#%&! ever to sign for us

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He's a sack of shit.
Cleverley had more presence, and I am not joking.

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Buck

Should have got Kante. Some people said Utd shouldn't have a pure defensive midfielder but he offers way more than the players we've got.

He's got the dynamism to cover ground which Mourinho likes, power and intelligence and at 30m was pretty good value.

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Should have got Kante. Some people said Utd shouldn't have a pure defensive midfielder but he offers way more than the players we've got.

He's got the dynamism to cover ground which Mourinho likes, power and intelligence and at 30m was pretty good value.
Tried apparently. If a player chooses another option what can you do? I'm sure it wasn't money.

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:49 PM
ScarFace

We need to set up
degea
Valencia bailly blind shaw
herererer carrick
micky pogba rashford
zlatters

Unread 15-09-2016, 08:51 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Tried apparently. If a player chooses another option what can you do? I'm sure it wasn't money.
I am wondering if we will see Blind in that deep midfield role this season? Total opposite of someone like Kante stylistically but ability on the ball and reading of the game are on a high level.

Unread 15-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I am wondering if we will see Blind in that deep midfield role this season? Total opposite of someone like Kante stylistically but ability on the ball and reading of the game are on a high level.
would be nice to have someone who can read the game and anticipate danger sat infront of the back 4. At the moment Pogba is off doing flicks and trying to beat 3 players at a time, Herrera is herrera and Schneiderlin is about as much use as a £#%&!ing chocolate fireguard.

Unread 15-09-2016, 09:35 PM
sa7

Quote:

Seriously, what the £#%&! does that spiky haired @#%&! do?

Fellaini, for his myriad faults, at least gets about the place and seeks to disrupt the opponent's play. Schneiderlin contributes absolutely nowt

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yeah, he said he picked Chelsea over us and a few others

Unread 15-09-2016, 09:38 PM
dunk

You have to consider he's spent. Was really up and down last season and had a few injuries etc..

Unread 15-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You have to consider he's spent. Was really up and down last season and had a few injuries etc..
He had a few injuries early on but once he got back in the team played consistently well and finished the season strong...ended up being once again our best midfielder.

Unread 15-09-2016, 10:33 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Schneiderlin and Darmian have been £#%&!ed ever since van Gaal, they've got no confidence, they aren't building chemistry with teammates. they're never going to get that back playing with 5 other people making their first start in a fortnight and then being dropped.

Unread 15-09-2016, 10:35 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Schneiderlin and Darmian have been £#%&!ed ever since van Gaal, they've got no confidence, they aren't building chemistry with teammates. they're never going to get that back playing with 5 other people making their first start in a fortnight and then being dropped.
LVG has been gone 5 months and they've both been off to the Euros. Can't lay it at Van Gaal door. Darmian wasn't that bad tonight anyway, first game of the season and all that, looked ok.
Closed Thread