United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2010, 01:59 PM
wonky no

Default Re: The current crop of youngsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Saw the highlights of the midweek reserve game earlier, looks like Obertan has thickened up a bit to me. I imagine they are trying to build him up a little as they did with Ronaldo.

Patience is a swear word to some of the people that 'support' United these days.

Not sure want to make of Possebon tbh, I was a big fan pretty much up to the tackle from Pogatetz. Never looked the same since and the whole Braga episode seems to weigh against him. Can't see a future for him at OT now unless there is a major change of attitude from him.
whats all this? have i missed something?

Unread 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Diouf 3 or 4 appearances
Obertan 10 maybe, tops.
De Laet 4 or 5
Welbeck 20-odd, most as a 17/18 year old.
Macheda 5 or 6
Tosic 3 sub appearances or something equally paltry.

Without wishing to doubt your talent spotting abilities, and given that most of the appearances above will have been as Subs, in weakened teams or in emergency situations, I am going to have to respectfully disagree with your kneejerk and frankly ludicrous assessment.

You may turn out to be correct, but that won't be because you have made an accurate prediction based on what you have seen but more because it is ridiculously difficult to make it at United.

Personally, I have doubts about De Laet and Tosic looks to be facing an uphill battle but the rest have barely had an opportunity, with the exception of Welbeck, who is going to be an excellent player once he stops growing and begins to fill out.

So what will it be based on then? did i flip a coin?

If I'm right it will be because I didn't see anything particularly exceptional in them, which I'd like to think one might need to be a first choice regular in this united set up.

but only time will tell...

Unread 10-04-2010, 02:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
whats all this? have i missed something?
He went there on loan for 12 months at the start of this season, fell out with them and was rumoured to be on his way back after about a month. Made few if any appearances and was back in Manchester just after Christmas.

Really didn't go well at all.

Unread 10-04-2010, 02:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So what will it be based on then? did i flip a coin?

If I'm right it will be because I didn't see anything particularly exceptional in them, which I'd like to think one might need to be a first choice regular in this united set up.

but only time will tell...
In so few games it is impossible to tell unless they are ridiculously awful, which none of them are.

Do you think all the top players just burst onto the scene at 17 and blazed a trail from that point on?

Oh, and I imagine it is based on the same slapped arsed attitude a number of fans seem to be adopting nowadays, he didn't cost loads of millions from Barca or Valencia or some other top club and they aren't the finished article when they first step on the pitch. therefore they are shit, won't ever make it and are further evidence that United are £#%&!ed without millions to spend. Completely ignoring the fact that this is the way we have always done it, in the main.

Each to their own though.

Edit: Not a pop at you personally Sparky, just getting a bit £#%&!ed off with the rush to write off an ridicule any young footballer daring to try to make a career at OT who hasn't set the World alight by 18. Seems to be becoming prevalent in most fans atm, probably a symptom of the money situation but still...

Unread 10-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
In so few games it is impossible to tell unless they are ridiculously awful, which none of them are.

Do you think all the top players just burst onto the scene at 17 and blazed a trail from that point on?
Nope.

But we'll see.

Unread 10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Saw the highlights of the midweek reserve game earlier, looks like Obertan has thickened up a bit to me. I imagine they are trying to build him up a little as they did with Ronaldo.

Patience is a swear word to some of the people that 'support' United these days.

Not sure want to make of Possebon tbh, I was a big fan pretty much up to the tackle from Pogatetz. Never looked the same since and the whole Braga episode seems to weigh against him. Can't see a future for him at OT now unless there is a major change of attitude from him.
Quote:
He went there on loan for 12 months at the start of this season, fell out with them and was rumoured to be on his way back after about a month. Made few if any appearances and was back in Manchester just after Christmas.

Really didn't go well at all.
ahh yes remember now. possebon looked a good prospect to me. good passing ability and a decent shot on him. we should loan him out in the prem.

Unread 10-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

not sure gary neville will ever make it tbh

yeah so he's quite good positionally, especially off the ball and all that

but so £#%&!ing what?

not seen anything exceptional in him at all

i hope i'm proved wrong tbh but we'll see

Unread 10-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not sure gary neville will ever make it tbh

yeah so he's quite good positionally, especially off the ball and all that

but so £#%&!ing what?

not seen anything exceptional in him at all

i hope i'm proved wrong tbh but we'll see
You're hilarious.

Like i said, we'll see what happens. But that's my opinion. No use you and dunk getting your knickers in a twist over it.

Unread 10-04-2010, 02:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You're hilarious.

Like i said, we'll see what happens. But that's my opinion. No use you and dunk getting your knickers in a twist over it.
I'm not
Closed Thread